Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

no more than 2oz every 15 min???

so i'm finally feeling ok when i drink Water. and i'm able to drink maybe 1/2c of water in 15 minutes...maybe more....i still have not met 64oz/day because usually it's been painful just to drink!

anyways, i was going ovr the paperwork dr aceves gave me and it says not to consure more that 2oz in a 15minute period. i can consume more than that in a 15minute period....but just with liquids, water, thin Soups etc

is that ok??? can i consume liquids that quickly without stretching my sleeve? it doesn't specifiy so i'm concerned!!!

anyone that knows let me know please!

<3

My nut gave intructions to sip the Water throughout the day being careful to time that I do not drink 30 minutes prior or 30 minutes after eating. I did not get a restriction on how much to have at a time. She did say that it may take 30-60 minutes to drink a cup at first, but that time should go down to 5-15 minutes after the swelling goes down.

My nut gave intructions to sip the Water throughout the day being careful to time that I do not drink 30 minutes prior or 30 minutes after eating. I did not get a restriction on how much to have at a time. She did say that it may take 30-60 minutes to drink a cup at first, but that time should go down to 5-15 minutes after the swelling goes down.

so would Water be an exception? i can understand not consuming more than 2oz of food in a 15minute period....but water....is that going to stretch my sleeve?????

so would Water be an exception? i can understand not consuming more than 2oz of food in a 15minute period....but water....is that going to stretch my sleeve?????

Didn't sound like it from what she explained. But, you might want to call your doctor/nut to confirm.

She is having me do the 30 min prior and 30 min after as "practice" for how I will be eating shortly afterwards.

Of course, I can say all this now ... check with me in a few weeks when I'm sleeved and worried about everything I do.

Your stomach is healing, and that's why they recommend 2oz every 15 minutes. 1/2 cup is 4 ounces of liquid, so if you do 2oz every 15 minutes over an 8 hour time frame you should be able to get in 64oz of water/liquids.

It took me awhile to get in 64oz of liquid as well. If it hurts when you drink, you may want to take smaller sips over that 15 minute time period.

Your sleeve is healing, the staple line is healing, it's not technically stretching they are concerned about at this time, it's stressing the staple line and causing a leak or irritation.

I was one of those people who had no trouble drinking. I had to force myself to slow down. I could easily drink 8 oz of Water in 15 min.

Tiffy is right. They aren't worried about stretching the sleeved stomach. They are worrying about stressing out the staple line. You could give them a call and ask how much to progress during the liquid stage. They are great about answering questions.

I can't remember how quickly I went from the 2 oz every 15 min to drinking more than 2 oz and having to just sip.