Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

A little help from my Pre-op Peeps - Please!

Today I started my liquid pre-op.....So far so good, but I'm finding it a little difficult to get organized. I keep reading and re-reading the pre-op diet and the after surgery diet and I feel like there's a ton of things to keep track of and remember to do, 4 different Vitamins, Fiber, specific requirements for Protein Shakes, Water, caffeine, carbs, sugar, Protein, etc....Not to mention I need to make sure I have an endless supply of skim milk in the house or else I will have to make my 3 shake meals with water.....I just realized today I won't have enough shakes or vitamins to get me through, time to order more...

Is anyone else finding it a little overwhelming to keep track of all this, not to mention keeping your day job, going to all the various docs, support group mtgs, running your house, oh and pay attention to family every so often and not just talk about the surgery with them?

I have read my book a million times. I still don't feel prepared. I understand. I bought one of those pill things to put each day's worth of pills in for the am and pm. That has helped. I still haven't started on my diet, so I know it is going to get harder.

Bambi ~ I am so right there with you! I keep reading and re-reading and just am not so sure how I am going to get it all organized in my mind.

One thing I did tonight thougth was to go and buy a journal so I can start documenting my journey as I started my 2 week pre-op diet today. I am going to write down the key information regarding supplements, Vitamins, Protein powder recommendations, etc., etc., etc. Then I am going to do the same in my journal the day before surgery -- putting into writing what the "plan" is that I am going to follow. Not sure how well this will work, but I'm hoping it does the trick!

Anyways...good luck on the 27th! That is my surgery date as well!!!

:thumbup:

It's going to be ok. . . at first it seems overwhelming, just breath and take it easy, you'll do ok. . . your not expected to do it all right away. . .you'll learn. . . just take care of your family and get enough rest. . . there is too much right now for you to absorb, one day at a time is the best way to go. . . good luck

How's everyone's pre-op going that is getting sleeved the week of 1/25...I am pleasantly surprised that drinking shakes and Water isn't so bad...Plus in 5 days I'm down 13 lbs...it will all add up and get me closer to goal!

How's everyone's pre-op going that is getting sleeved the week of 1/25...I am pleasantly surprised that drinking shakes and Water isn't so bad...Plus in 5 days I'm down 13 lbs...it will all add up and get me closer to goal!

I started today. I am having a tough time. The shakes are so sweet and I am not a sweets eater. Water? No prob. Shakes? I would rather not eat which isn't good. How many calories are you getting a day with the shakes?

My pre-op menu is:

9-11 coffee /skim milk (probably 1/2 Cup milk in total) - 45 calories, 4 Protein

11 - shake w/skim milk - 190 calories, 28 Protein

3:30 shke w/skim milk - 190 calories, 28 protein

7:30 shake w/skim milk - 190 calories, 28 protein

615 calories and 88 protein a day

Constantly drink Water all day long. I work from home so the Water part is fairly easy.

In 6 days I've lost 15.1 lbs.

Bambi, congratulations on your success!

Excited2, have you tried the unflavored Protein powder? I read about people mixing it into coffee. I tried it in tea but didn't like it very much. Decaf coffee would be much better. You can't mix the Protein into the hot coffee because it becomes a hot mess, but if you make a paste with the powder in some Water, then add it to coffee or hot chocolate that is 130 degrees or less, it mixes easily. I use the powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury.com unflavored and it was ok. I think GNC and Vitamin Shoppe also carry unflavored.

Bambi, congratulations on your success!

Excited2, have you tried the unflavored Protein powder? I read about people mixing it into coffee. I tried it in tea but didn't like it very much. Decaf coffee would be much better. You can't mix the Protein into the hot coffee because it becomes a hot mess, but if you make a paste with the powder in some Water, then add it to coffee or hot chocolate that is 130 degrees or less, it mixes easily. I use the unjury.com unflavored and it was ok. I think GNC and Vitamin Shoppe also carry unflavored.

Thank you for the suggestion!

I ended up finding "Muscle Milk Light" that I can tolerate. It is a shame because I have a ton of stuff that I paid for through my doctor. So today I have had two, plus some decaf tea, and a bunch of Water. I am about to have my third shake. I feel MUCH better-MUCH MUCH better today. I have more energy, I am not craving anything. I think I am feeling more satisfied with the Muscle Milk.

Excited, I'm glad you found something that works. I drink the Muscle Milk Light for Breakfast. Easy to take to the office. I buy it at costco by the case. They're only $1.37 each that way. I don't have to do a liquid diet pre-op but I'm trying to do more Protein Shakes right now to get to my pre-surgery goal so that i can get a surgery date.