Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

OK - That's IT! I am STILL not losing!

You are right Linda, today I got on the scale and it says 247.6! 2 more down!

I am 3 pounds away from having lost 40 lbs! WHOOO HOOOO

Yay!!! I'm so happy for you. Keep your head up and stick to the program. It really works. :thumbup:

FYI - I'm still stuck at 167 but my pants are getting bigger, so whatever. The laws of physics are on our side - eat less than you burn and eventually you will lose weight.

I always went on big long stalls and then would drop 5 lbs in a week. I never lost every single week.

rachel, you are doing so good with your weight loss. we all loose at different rates. that is what i have had to take in to account. have you measured your bady yet? find a friend to help you do that and then in two or three weeks do it again. i promise you will be amazed. we are shrinking in different stages and it may not move that devil of a scale. the scale is the devil!!!! keep your head up and hang in there. if i didn't have this tool helping me with the weight loss i can guarantee i wouldve already been gaining the weight back by now cause i would've been eating everything in sight. especailly since i stalled out a few weeks ago.

girl keep your head up and let me know if there is anything i can help you with. lol

THanks Laura! I am trying to catch up with you! 10 more and I will be there. I am so happy you are doing well, this is very exciting. I need to post after photos, since I already look different. I will take some this week and I DO need to measure...

My goal this week is to UP my Water intake!

Talk to you soon!

way to go rachel. keep up whatever you are doing. trust me it will come off. i have had some stalls along the way too. i went 8 days without no loss. now i am down 7 more # since i last talked to you via e-mail. some days i keep my carbs under 30 except on weekend because my husband had the rny and he can eat just about anything and loose. he also doesn't have a problem eating so everything goes down great for him. this morning i had half of a flat diet roll with scrambled eggs and half piece of bacon, lunch i had tuna with whole wheat triscuits and for supper my kids wanted chicken pot pie and i ate about 3 oz of that and oh my God what carbs i put into my body today. but you know compared to what i use to eat this is nothing. sometimes i feel like i need to treat myself no matter what. i will get back on track tomorow. i also on the weekends don't drink enough liquids because we are so busy with kids, cleaning and outside stuff going on. lets promise each other that we will try to stop stressing over every little thing. this will work if we keep our heads up and trust in this tool that our surgeon has given us. love to you girl....

hey rachel didn't realize i had already posted to this. sorry. i reply to so much i can never keep up. talk soon. hey did i ever give you my cell # let me know. love laura.

I am glad I read this as I have not been losing either. I was wondering if I was doing it all wrong. I was 3 weeks out Tuesday. I weighed 225 at pre op appt and 218 the day of surgery. I now weigh 201.(17 lbs in 3 weeks...not too good) But I have weighed that for a least a week. It is so frustrating. I think I may be eating too many carbs because meat just does not go down well for me yet. I sure hope that gets better. I still do better on thick liquids like cream Soups. I have eated the macc and cheese single servings and grits w/ cheese or overlight eggs. I have not started exercising yet but I am supposed to go to my first zumba class today. I am concerned because I feel soooo washed out! I am just pooped! I am taking my B12 everyday and my Multivitamins. Help!

hello everyone! i am new to the forum and had surgery dec 4, 2010 and have lost 33 lbs. and am no longer losing. please help me I am so frustrated and dont understand it. i have a Protein Shake which usually lasts me to the end of my work day, oatmeal, banana, egg with fat free cheese the rest of the day. i only drink probably 16 oz of Water a day. help me :)

hello everyone! i am new to the forum and had surgery dec 4, 2010 and have lost 33 lbs. and am no longer losing. please help me I am so frustrated and dont understand it. i have a Protein Shake which usually lasts me to the end of my work day, oatmeal, banana, egg with fat free cheese the rest of the day. i only drink probably 16 oz of Water a day. help me :)

Hi and welcome to the forum. You definitely need to quadruple the water intake, and depending on where you are at in the post-op diet per your surgeon, you may need to get in some more calories.

Sounds like your body is holding onto what it has because it needs fuel.

Deb, i was just reading your post: are you getting enough Protein and calories in per day. i also at about 3-4 wee ks felt weak and had no energy. i realized when i went to my 2 week doctor visit i was not eating enough calories. he said i was going into starvation ketosis, which is not good. he wanted me to up my calories to 600-700 per day. so now i make sure i plug all my food in daily into www.fitday.com , some of the other girls on here use www.dailyplate.com try to find one that you like adn will use. also tromero: you need to be getting in at least 60-64 oz of Water or liquids per day. you are probably not flushing your system. we loose weight by peeing and pooping it out. that takes the waste out of our bodies. also start doing some sort of exercising per day. walking, you could also do some step aerobics. go on you tube and google step aerobics. it is not hard to do.

when i don't drink anough during the day, i don't loose the next day. try really hard to start drinking more. talk later. hope this helps...

My biggest thing here is:

Stop stressing. When I freaked out, it added worry and anxiety to my body and the weight held still because my body was under stress and it won't let go. I didn't get on the scale or obsess last week since I was out of town and got back and had lost another 3.5 lbs!

Watch the carbs, get 60-80g Protein, drink ALL YOUR Water, and get moving. THose are my staples that I tell myself each day. Equally as important is getting your Vitamins. I take 2 mutli's, 3 Calcium and a B12 each day and I think that helps my body work better.

It is the hardest moment after recovering from surgery to feel as if we have "failed again". But after visiting my surgeon week before last, he almost giggled at my stress (not in a bad way), but encouraged me to relax and enjoy it instead of stressing. HE reassured me that there was NO way it could NOT fall off.

So, try to relax, and enjoy. One other thing i noticed is that someone mentioned grits and mac n cheese. For me Pasta and bread during my first 6 weeks wasn't allowed, it grows in your tummy and we don't want to stretch our sleeve's!

I am officially in my 7th week and get to try new foods. I am counting down the days until I get to eat real salads! I have to wait until the 3 month mark, but I am halfway there!

Keep it up everyone, glad to be back around!:thumbup1:

I think the biggest thing is to quit stressing. I was counting every morsel that went into my mouth and kept hitting stalls. When I went on vacation, ate just a bit of whatever was served, quit writing everything down, let myself be happy, and kept telling myself that I LOVE ME and this is finally gonna work - the weight started MELTING off. In fact, it's going so fast now, I'm starting to get a bit scared. I've lost 42lbs of the 77 lbs in just the last 6 weeks since I've been on vacation.

It works if you stop stressing and just LET it work. =) Your only job is to start telling yourself over and over that THIS IS GOING TO WORK, that you are BEAUTIFUL, that you LOVE yourself, and that you need to be HAPPY, THIN, STRONG, and HEALTHY in order to survive. I do this mental re-programming about 5 times a day, and the weight is just falling off. :thumbup1:

I think the biggest thing is to quit stressing. I was counting every morsel that went into my mouth and kept hitting stalls. When I went on vacation, ate just a bit of whatever was served, quit writing everything down, let myself be happy, and kept telling myself that I LOVE ME and this is finally gonna work - the weight started MELTING off. In fact, it's going so fast now, I'm starting to get a bit scared. I've lost 42lbs of the 77 lbs in just the last 6 weeks since I've been on vacation.

It works if you stop stressing and just LET it work. =) Your only job is to start telling yourself over and over that THIS IS GOING TO WORK, that you are BEAUTIFUL, that you LOVE yourself, and that you need to be HAPPY, THIN, STRONG, and HEALTHY in order to survive. I do this mental re-programming about 5 times a day, and the weight is just falling off. :thumbup1:

wow that sounds like a really great plan. i stress over every little bite that i put into my mouth. i stress at the grocery store trying to buy food for me. i am really tired of worring over every little morsel!!!! i will just let the sleeve take over and do the work for me.. thanks josephine

I am only two weeks out and I have lost a total of 14 pounds and only 2 this week. I'm trying to remain positive because I figure there is no way that I can continue to hold on to my weight when I'm hardly eating anything.

I think part of my problem is that I'm not eating enough. I'm having a hard time finding things (besides Protein shakes) that agree with me. I think I'm scared to move on to the mushy foods :/ I'm consuming the minimum amount of carbs and my calorie intake is roughly 400-500 a day. I just can't believe that I've only lost 2 pounds this week. It doesn't seem possible.

I am only two weeks out and I have lost a total of 14 pounds and only 2 this week. I'm trying to remain positive because I figure there is no way that I can continue to hold on to my weight when I'm hardly eating anything.

I think part of my problem is that I'm not eating enough. I'm having a hard time finding things (besides Protein shakes) that agree with me. I think I'm scared to move on to the mushy foods :/ I'm consuming the minimum amount of carbs and my calorie intake is roughly 400-500 a day. I just can't believe that I've only lost 2 pounds this week. It doesn't seem possible.

At 2 weeks out, it's imperative to follow the rules completely. The first month is not designed for rapid weightloss dear. It is designed to help your sleeve heal properly. Please just keep following the rules perfectly to let your sleeve heal and regain your strength and ignore the advice I gave to the other poster that was farther out than you. :thumbup: A calorie intake of 500 in the first month is okay. Pushing it farther than that could hurt you.