Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Not been around for months

Hi all i have not been around for ages.

I wish i had some good new for you but i dont. I am now 1yr post op still 16.stone 12lb hight 4 ft 11" .

I have lost a total of 1 stone with my band and lost nothing since early october 2005. I am in constant agony and the port is a nusance big time it is situated between my boobs but just about a inch below the bra line. I cant bend over at all or reach forward so basically i cant even light my own cooker any more of get things from the litchen cupbored. I cant put socks on or fasten my shoes.

Im in constant pain with my band and it keeps self restricting to the point i cant drink. I am awaiting a x ray finally as i was a year post op on the 20th of May. I feel totally deverstated i am still as big as i am. Some say they would love to be 17. stone but they forget i have a tiny tiny frame and its agonising. plus the problems with my port location.

I do not know if my band has slipped as i only have 3miils in and its tight. I have the sweedish band and am only satisfied after food when i eat a mushy meal anything solid is agony and comes back up mo matter how well i chew.

I just wish i new what was wrong.

Hiya

I am now seeing a UK surgion after my origional surgion vertually abandoned me (and others) But the thing is i have had to wait for appointments and funding i did offer to pay private for my much needed x ray but was not allowed as my band was NHS funded.

I have coped purly by eating sloppys and feeling very ill and tired hair falling out and skin irriations i did suffer a visisous chest infection from november to feruary. I had to have a unfill in january so i could take meds for the infection but my band is still very tight.

Everything is now sorted and the New surgion has fiannaly recived written agreement for funding. So should be getting a x ray any day now. I just want to know whats going on im sure all is not weel.

muggle, if your band is not slipped, maybe you could try having it emptied for a bit, and have your port moved?

I hope you get to feeling better soon!!

Muggle,

Since you are European, what kind of solution is in your band? If it is not saline, there is a chance that the solution is the kind which draws Water to itself, which would account for it "self tightening" after awhile. Since the band is "semi-permiable" Fluid will move in and out of the band itself. I would have that checked, and have only saline put in from now on. I've heard that European docs sometimes use this other Fluid.< /p>

Also, as to the port location, I would be asking the new surgeon that you are preparing to see about moving it. You should not be in such discomfort because of the port.

Tamster

I have never thought of my self as "european" lol

I know for sure i have the Sweedish ajustable gastric band but i have no idea what it was filled with.

I had my first fill at 18weels (september) just 3 1/2 mills but had no restriction what so ever. 4 weeks later (october) i had another fill of 2 mills the fills were done blind and i had restriction that week i lost my whole stone my entire total weight loss since having my band fitted, then all of a sudden my band tightened to the pont i couldnt breath i know its not lung related but the pain was so bad i had to shallow breath just to cope. I begged for a unfill but i didnt get one i then developed a chest infection i contrated the infection just weeks after the second fill and i had it from november to february. In january i was finally given a unfill 3 mills was taken out but i am still very tight if i am sat next to some one they can hear my throght gurgle.

I asked back then for a x ray but was refused one. But as soon as i saw the new surgion in February this year he said streght away i need it x raying but i have had to weight for my health authority to agree to pay for it as the new surgion is based in a private hospital

Finally this week the new surgion recived confermation he can go ahead and x ray my band and do a band ajustment if nessersary under x ray.

I can feel my band inside me its constant pain if i take a deep breath in it feels like its stabbing me. The port itself is not sore if i touch it but the pain seems futher back in my body kinda behind the port if that makes sence. When i had the consultaion with the surgion i didnt really ask many questions i was aww struck as he has a reputation for being the best (UK wise) and i felt very humble to be in front of him But when i go to see him for my x ray as i know he wants to be there i am going to ask about the ports location. I guess ill soon find out if the band is correctly positiond then the appointment should be within the next 2 weeks i should think seeing as i am being treated in the private sector.