Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi everybody

I've been feeling GREAT the last two weeks, but this week has started on a down note. I woke up nauseated, weak, with no energy.

I was up in the middle of the night with watery bowel movements and some intestinal pain (just gotta go pains). I've been doing this all day. It's now 3:39pm and I've not eaten much because I just don't feel well. I took a nausea pill, and that helped. Could it be my water/liquid intake. It's been real low. Only about 30 oz's. This is the first time I've felt bad.

What should I do?

thanks

Judy

You should definitely up your Water intake (if you have the runs, you might be dehydrated) and call your surgeon and/or doctor. The flu is going around, at least where I live. Just last week I had a colleague out with the flu and another one out with pneumonia. Better safe than sorry. I hope you feel better soon!

I would increase your Fluid intake, try pedialyte or some SF Gatorade to help with electrolyte replacement.

I know you progressed with your diet, could it be related to something you ate? Have you had any more dairy than usual? If you get fever, or pain contact your surgeon immediately.

Judy, the symptoms you are experiencing are very similar to what I experienced when I became severely dehydrated. I ended up in the hospital three times on IV liquids as a result. Definitely up your liquids, no matter how tough. Keep Water near you and sip on it all day long.

Thanks Guys....I've been drinking as much as I can stand. About 2 full 12 oz. Glasses plus a 1 boost and 1 Ensure. Hopefully this will turn things around. I will call my Dr. tomorrow.

Judy, the symptoms you are experiencing are very similar to what I experienced when I became severely dehydrated. I ended up in the hospital three times on IV liquids as a result. Definitely up your liquids, no matter how tough. Keep Water near you and sip on it all day long.

Can you tell me more about what happened to you? Did you just not drink enough liquids? What were you averaging per day, etc. What finally made you go to the hospital?

Judy

Judy, I just really, really struggled with drinking enough. It was all I could do to force myself to take just the tiniest of sips. I would be very lightheaded, get overcome with nausea, I had no energy and felt horrible. I just felt so awful, all I did was sit around and not want to eat, move or do anything. My husband finally insisted on taking me to the emergency room. I was immediately put on IV fluids and had my infected incision treated. I also ended up with a major uti and kidney infection as a result of being dehydrated. You would have thought I would have learned my lesson and really pushed the fluids, but I ended up in the hospital two more times after that.

Susan, you really had a rough time. I had not heard you say your incision was infected. The main one?, and what happened? So glad you overcame all that and are doing so well! I also have to sip all day but I know I'm not getting as much as I should. Most of the time I'm fine but know it has to be upped.

Linda

Judy, I just really, really struggled with drinking enough. It was all I could do to force myself to take just the tiniest of sips. I would be very lightheaded, get overcome with nausea, I had no energy and felt horrible. I just felt so awful, all I did was sit around and not want to eat, move or do anything. My husband finally insisted on taking me to the emergency room. I was immediately put on IV fluids and had my infected incision treated. I also ended up with a major uti and kidney infection as a result of being dehydrated. You would have thought I would have learned my lesson and really pushed the fluids, but I ended up in the hospital two more times after that.

WOW, I'm really suprized girl...I hope your doing better with that part. I immediately started drinking, I got in over 40 ozs today. So things are MUCH better. I had way more energy today, but still not enough to walk, but tomorrow I'm sure I'll be back on track. I did some house work, washed my dogs and painted (artwork) all day. SO I'm good. Feeling better all the time.

Susan I'm sure you've already answered this question and I missed it, but about when did your Fluid intake get easy enough for you to get in a sufficient amount? I drink Vitamin waters and hardly any real pure Water since post surgery I don't like the taste and it doesn't go down easy! I am wondering when Fluid intake gets easier. I'm now 3 months out still having issues. Thanks.

Hi everybody

I've been feeling GREAT the last two weeks, but this week has started on a down note. I woke up nauseated, weak, with no energy.

I was up in the middle of the night with watery bowel movements and some intestinal pain (just gotta go pains). I've been doing this all day. It's now 3:39pm and I've not eaten much because I just don't feel well. I took a nausea pill, and that helped. Could it be my water/liquid intake. It's been real low. Only about 30 oz's. This is the first time I've felt bad.

What should I do?

thanks

Judy

I am not a doctor, but it sounds like that may be what it is. I have a scale my daughter bought me and it measures Hydration. My percentage should be at 47% but it was only running about 33-35 % in the beginning. But now it is up to 38%. Still low but better. I also started feeling better the second week . I am suppose to drink 32- 64 oz of Water each day. I know I get over 32 but not sure if I am getting 64. I bought one of those aluminum Water holders with the very small openings on the lid. I put Ice in them and water and it makes the water taste better and I don't have to smell the chlorine in the tap water. Those only cost 4 dollars at Wal-Mart in the kitchenware section where the water bottles are and they keep the water colder longer and it doesnt taste like the plastic either. I hope this helps. Have a better day. I wish you all the best. If it continues I would suggest contacting your surgeon.

I am not a doctor, but it sounds like that may be what it is. I have a scale my daughter bought me and it measures Hydration. My percentage should be at 47% but it was only running about 33-35 % in the beginning. But now it is up to 38%. Still low but better. I also started feeling better the second week . I am suppose to drink 32- 64 oz of Water each day. I know I get over 32 but not sure if I am getting 64. I bought one of those aluminum Water holders with the very small openings on the lid. I put Ice in them and water and it makes the water taste better and I don't have to smell the chlorine in the tap water. Those only cost 4 dollars at Wal-Mart in the kitchenware section where the water bottles are and they keep the water colder longer and it doesnt taste like the plastic either. I hope this helps. Have a better day. I wish you all the best. If it continues I would suggest contacting your surgeon.

Your Ticker say's you've lost 45lbs. Is that TRUE? How much since surgery? I've only lost 12 so far, with NO pre-op diet. I'm so frustrated !! I"ve been stalled for about 11 days.