Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm home and banded...

This was much easier and much worse than I imagined. Gas pain is very bad...couldn't have imagined how much it would hurt. Very small neat incisions though.

They had a hard time getting me breathing in recovery...I remember gasping "I can't breath" several times...and people working over me. Then the next thing I remember is walking up in my room with my daughter holding my hand.

Evidently I am sensitive to the morphine and I was halucinating...for hours! I kept opening my eyes and wondering where that nice dog/cat/person went. Samantha was scared but the doc said all they could do was wait it out. So, once that stopped I was able to realize just how much pain I was in....youch!

Drive home wasn't too bad. I'm off to take more pain meds and crawl back into bed. :bored

Thanks for all the prayers.

Janey

Glad you are home, Welcome to the club!

I wasn't a fan of the Morphine either. Nasty stuff. Hospitals are scary enough without Mom going off the deep-end in a hospital gown.

Get some rest now and heal up quick-like.

I am glad your back and doing well. Minus the gas pain and animal people it sounds like you are doing well. get well soon and welcome to bandland. I will be joining you in two weeks.

wow, its great that it wasn't as bad as you expected, happy recovery time!

Welcome to Bandland Janey! So sorry you had a bit of a time with the morhine... it can be wonderful and wicked. Soon the pain will be a memory... walk as much as you can and sip those fluids. :) Wishing you a very speedy recovery!

Thanks everyone...feeling better today except for the gas pain...wish I could belch it out or something. Still some burning but not as much. sipping my liquids and walking around the house. Still not hungry...that's good!

Glad you're doing okay! I had a bad experience with morphine as well. Terrible itching, agitation. Scared my daughter also. :) Amazing how instant the relief was when they stopped it and replaced it with Demerol.

Rest up, drink, drink, drink, walk, walk, walk..you'll be good as new in no time!

I had a terrible time with the gas as well. I used chewable "Gas X" tablets and they helped. Walking also helped relieve pressure. My worst problem with the gas was in my left shoulder. My shoulder really hurt bad. Finally I got the idea to use a hot water bottle and it really helped. The good news is...it's temporary! So, hang in there and I hope these tips help!

I'm so happy for you that you have the band, but also sorry the morphine affected you like it did. I don't do morphine well myself. Happy Band Journey.