Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What have I done?! LOL

I joined 24 hour Fitness today.

I am going to join the SPIN class and use the treadmill.

They have a spin class M-Th - so Friday's I have to do the treadmill.

Spin class is 60 mins long, if I can't get some of this fat off my arse this way, then I am destined to fail at this.

I am still only showing a 19 pound weight loss since surgery April 17th.

I am eating as I am supposed to, and getting between 700 and 1100 calories a day. I am drinking all my Water, and eating like I am supposed too. Proteins then veggies, stoping when I am full.

I have been using my treadmill, until I think i broke it last night - thus the reason I joined 24 Hour Fitness.

Lord, please be with me, and may The Light be Bright as I drag my tired body towards it when I pass out on that cycle tomorrow !!!!

I feel guilty for the money. Dealing with this on top of everything else.

I have to go to ease the guilt right?

-Melanie

let me make a suggestion about the spinning class. cause i tried a spinning class and found that at this weight it was not a good idea. i have to take off a bit first. LOL Bike seats and not for fat people. LOL plain and simple. if your legs start tingling at all be done with the class for that night and go walk on the treadmill to finish the workout. or take in a towel, fold it up and put it over the seat. my first class i did i hung in there for the whole class. it was fun. i had a blast. got off the bike and couldn't walk lol my legs were in this weird asleep state (not like normal) and they hurt!!! the next time i noticed when the tingling started, got off, walked around a bit, then got back on. i have resigned to the fact that i am gonna have to just wait till i am a little smaller. I don't kow what your weight is, but if you are anything like my size you might want to watch it really closely. I really hope it goes well for you!!! I do 2 hours at the gym every morning with this GORGEOUS trainer, and i lost 8 pounds since last wednesday! it certainly works!

I am still only showing a 19 pound weight loss since surgery April 17th.

First of all, 19lbs in 5 weeks is nothing to say ONLY about!

and yeah, I heard spinning can be brutal, good luck with that!

Mandi

I really LOVE spinning but my gym stopped doing the classes and started some lame rebounding class instead. I've got a treadmill now so I dont go to the gym, but I'm still thinking about buying a spinning bike and some Spinervals DVD's as well.

If spinning doesnt work, I dont think anything will, lol. It burns massive calories.

scary calories. i think i wanted to sleep for 5 days after my first spinning class! LOL and i craved a steak sooooo badly afterwards. i think that is a good sign. :)

He MeAnne...

Don't feel guilty... this is a wonderful thing you are doing for your health and those that love you must want you to be healthy! I am just now finding out that exercising outside of the home is the best way to stay on track. It's too easy to put it off at home. I think you are doing very well with your weight-loss but I do think your caloric intake is too low... sometimes the body will put the brakes on the weight-loss if you are not eating enough. What did your doctor instruct as far at a target for daily caloric intake? Take care of yourself and enjoy your spinning class!

I joined 24 Hour Fitness 2 weeks ago! I love it. Good luck to you and enjoy your spin class. I am not brave enough to try that yet :)

I think you are doing very well with your weight-loss but I do think your caloric intake is too low... sometimes the body will put the brakes on the weight-loss if you are not eating enough. What did your doctor instruct as far at a target for daily caloric intake? Take care of yourself and enjoy your spinning class!

Hi, and thank you.

My Doctor was ok with 400 calorie intake. The majority of his patients are RNY's. He told me to just eat a well balanced diet.

At this point, I have 1cc, and it is NOTHING. So I am dieting on my own, and working out. So I am so glad I had to fight ins. for two years, and then went thru everything to have the surgery, and then the surgery it'self to learn how to diet and exercise.

Ok, I am little sarcastic about the band still. Wonder if I can cheat on my doctor and have another doctor give me a fill? hehehehe

I work on getting as close to 1000 calories a day. Some day's I go over, some I do not. The days I go over, I beat myself up mentally for being so bad.

If you want to see my food log - log onto http://bluecarott.com/DietTracker/Logon.aspx User ID: Melanie Pswrd: Jinkins

-Melanie

I joined 24 Hour Fitness 2 weeks ago! I love it. Good luck to you and enjoy your spin class. I am not brave enough to try that yet :)

Hey!!!!

What side of Houston are you on?? I am in The Woodlands - spin with me!!!! It will be good!!!

Spinning is NOT about speed. It's about the ride, and the tension you set your bike at.

OR - do the treadmill with me!!!

My poor 13 yr old son is being dragged up there with me (well, he has been wanting to join the Gym for a year now, b/c he wants to work out on the weights - poor kid has to work out with his fat mamma)

-Melanie

I work near I-10 and Barker Cypress... I go to the gym at Fry and Saums. My cousin and I get there at 5:00AM, you are welcome to join me :)

Hey!!!!

What side of Houston are you on?? I am in The Woodlands - spin with me!!!! It will be good!!!

Spinning is NOT about speed. It's about the ride, and the tension you set your bike at.

OR - do the treadmill with me!!!

My poor 13 yr old son is being dragged up there with me (well, he has been wanting to join the Gym for a year now, b/c he wants to work out on the weights - poor kid has to work out with his fat mamma)

-Melanie

I work near I-10 and Barker Cypress... I go to the gym at Fry and Saums. My cousin and I get there at 5:00AM, you are welcome to join me :confused:

Awe man!

I work at Westpark and Harwin - ride a vanpool to and from (which is WONDERFUL!!!!) and work out at Kuykendahl and Louetta at 6pm every night.

Tomorrow is my one week Gym Anniversary! One week of workin out like a dawg and stickin with it !!!!

You keep going girl !!!!!

-Melanie