Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How much weight did you lose?

Hello all I am new here. My name is Shannon. I had the VSG on Dec 14 I was 336 day of surgery and went up to 344 in the hospital. I am now 2.5 weeks post op and now I am at 306.

Hello all I am new here. My name is Shannon. I had the VSG on Dec 14 I was 336 day of surgery and went up to 344 in the hospital. I am now 2.5 weeks post op and now I am at 306.

Hey Shannon, and welcome to VST.

Congrats on your success this far, it only gets better ! ! !

Hi Shannon!

Congratulations and welcome to VST! 30lb in 2.5 weeks is wonderful. Keep us posted on journey. There are wonderfully supportive people on this forum and we are all in this together. Tiffiny said it best...."it only gets better".

Shannon, great job! It only gets better and better!

Great Job.. I was just going to add that to try to eat a little more.. as long as it's Protein calories it may help. I think alot of people who hit stalls are low on their calorie intake, my research recommends upping your calories if you stall too long... sounds scary I know but seemed like it worked for you really well.. 15 lbs in 2 weeks is HUGE!!

Congrats!

:thumbup:

Just an update. 68lbs down in 14 weeks!!! Things are going great! This sleeve was just the push I needed. I'm drinking tons of Water, eating well balanced meals, exercising, and telling myself I'm worth this and I love myself and I need to be lean and strong to survive. I'm trying to change my programming, and it's working!!! I <3 my sleeve!

Hello All!

I am down 18lbs a week after my sleeve. Very excited about that! Does it usually keep that pace or should I expect a slow down soon. I would love to be down 40-50 lbs by March when I go home to see my family again. Do you think I am aiming too high?

Just an update. 68lbs down in 14 weeks!!! Things are going great! This sleeve was just the push I needed. I'm drinking tons of Water, eating well balanced meals, exercising, and telling myself I'm worth this and I love myself and I need to be lean and strong to survive. I'm trying to change my programming, and it's working!!! I <3 my sleeve!

This makes me happy! Yeah, I've been stalled for the last two weeks. However, my clothes are getting looser, so I'm not really worried. I definitely need to up my Water intake though. That's the goal everyday for me.

Great going Josephine.... If you do everything right, you are bound to lose weight... Sometimes the scale won't show as you build muscle and muscle weight is more than the fat weight and hence no change. But you will be losing the inches !!

Yup! My clothes are just falling off. Even the few new ones I have to get to tide me along! If you get in a stall, do not worry! You are still losing weight, your body just hasn't decided if it will release it or not. Upping your calories and drinking a ton of Water makes a huge difference!

Your doing great, but everyone is right you have to drink a lot of Water and get your Protein in. I notice when I dont eat and drink my water I dont lose weight. But also keep track of your measurements cause if your not losing wieght your losing inches. Keep up the good work. I just started water aroebics hoping that will help me a lot.