Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Need Help!!!!

I have been banding now for 2 months my starting out weight was 228 and I have only lost 23 lbs. can someone please help me because I am getting very discouraged with this. I have tried eating just a little I have only 2 cc in my band I eat slow I drink slow I don't know any thing else to do please help.

First of all, 23 pounds in two months is GREAT. You can only expect to lose 1-2 pounds per week with the band. I started out at 227 and it has taken me almost 18 months to lose 97 pounds.

If you don't have good restriction, you might go for another fill. If you do have good restriction, then you need to re-think what you are eating. You have to utilize some self-control and stay away from the carbs: chips, sweets, potatoes, etc.

My trick has been to substitute for my favorite "bad" foods - low fat yogurt instead of ice cream, air popped popcorn instead of chips (spray on butter flavoring, but none of the real stuff). I don't have a good substitute for chocolate, though...LOL.

Just commit to one day at a time. Don't promise yourself that you will never have another Hershey bar - just that you won't have one TODAY. It really works.

The best of luck to you...

Don't feel bad, with the band, you should lose 1-2 lbs per week, and it looks to me that you are ahead of schedule. You are doing GREAT @ 23 lbs in 2 months!! I think this happens to a lot more of us that you would think.

look at me for example...i was 207 at consult, 203 on surgery day, which was march 13, and today i am at 195/196. Forget turtle's pace, I am a snail. But I just keep reminding myself that as long as I live by the band's rules, I will eventually lose the weight. I have decided not to over-analyze until i am at least 6-8 months out. Then I will take stock, and determine what my next step will be, whether it is changing everything, or continueing what I have been doing.

Rest assured that this will happen, maybe not overnight, maybe not in 2 or 4 months, but it will happen. I just look at it like this...I have lost 11 pounds since february, and not gained it back. that is the best i have ever done...i mean i have certainly LOST more weight than that in a smaller amount of time, but within 3 months, i had always gained it back with a little extra.

My 11 lbs and your 23 lbs, are gone for good!! bye bye hoohoo see-ya!!

Hang in there Sister, and any time you need support, just holler. You are going to do fine.

Your loss is nothing to be discouraged by. What were your expectations?

Quality of food is IMO mor eimportant than quantity. Each an ounce of ice cream or 4 ounces of grilled chicken. One is a whole lot better for you. What types of foods are you eating?

Are you exercising? Not only does it help with burning fat, but if you've recently started a routing you can gain weight (keep in mind weight is not the same as fat).

Do you have restriction?

What do you eat in a typical day?

I try not to eat a lot of food that is not good for me, but it just seem to be slow I guess i need more patience.

I agree 23 lbs is great - you should be delighted! I have been banded for 3weeks and have lost 8lbs so far - I am very happy with that. I know the rest will follow and that 1-2lbs a week is healthy and will help for my skin to adjust so hopefully less loose skin when I reach my target. Well done and carry on!