Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

A newbie - kinda!! 2nd post and counting : )

Hi all

Well as it says in the title, this is only my second post and Im just learning about this posting thing so if I do something wrong, please bear with me. :001_smile:

Ive been registerd with this site for a while now but only really read other posts as I was waiting on my surgery and wanted to know as much info as possble.

Well Im 29, from the Uk and had my surgery 21/10/09. I was supposed to have it a moth before this but it was cancelled as I am prone to clotting. Whcih meant they had to schedule me in for a IVC filter. Anyhoo, I had my op which went super, I think....the only pain I had was from the gas. So a few burps and bottoms burps later, all was well.

I had the sleeve done for medical reasons as Ive diabetes, High blood pressure and PCOS, to name but a few and my other half and I would so love to start a family in a few years. So after trying absolutely everything you can blooming think of, I started to resaerch WLS and found this surgery the best option for me.

So here I am, two weeks and six days out and including my two week pre op diet, I have lost 23 pounds and counting so far. I am over the moon and loving the sleeve so far. My medication has been reduced which is the main bonus for me and Im hoping it will just keep getting better.

Sorry for the long post but just wanted to say Hi to everyone and Il look forward to chatting with you soon hopefully.

Take care

:biggrin0:

Doh sorry for the poor spelling, I meant to check it before I posted it, but I did warn you Im learning! lol

:001_smile:

Hi Piglet! Don't worry about the spelling, half of us can't spell anyhow, so it doesn't matter. . . by the way, I heard the brain can read anything as long as the first and last letter are in the prpoepr place . . . see. . . I'm glad to hear your loving your sleeve, I get mine hopefully in January. . . maybe sooner, we'll see. . . I've been on here since Sept and have come to love this site. . . lots of information, funny stories, sad stories and so on. . . if someone doesn't come on after a while we all get worried and start asking about one another. . . it's really interesting. . . anyhow welcome and please join us. . . I think you'll like it! Congratulations on the great weight loss! Keep up the good work. . . it's hard, but together we can all do it!

Hi Piglet,

Welcome to the VSGers. I am in the UK too near Aylesbury and am 6 months out. Think you are going to be very pleased with your op. Did you get yours done on the NHS?

All the best,

Jane

Welcome to the loser's bench! We are glad to have you! Post any questions or successes or worries and we'll listen and try to help if need be. Soon you'll be helping others who come along behind you.

Its not long until your surgery date thinoneday, are you getting excited? Im sure the time will fly by, before you know it.

Hi Jane_J yep I was done on the NHS and I have to say they have been brilliant, the doctors, nurses and staff were wonderfull and the hospital you couldnt fault. I know people say the NHS is sometimes poor but from my experience, I really cant praise them enough.

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone x

Welcome Piglet!!

And congratulations! I posted on your other thread... and it sounds like You're doing great!

Keep up to good work and we're glad to have you here!