Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Well, I am 8 days out and everyting about being sleeved is great-clear liquids are still going down fine, incisions look good, no head hunger, staying hydrated, and then the bottom falls out of my plans. My meniscus of right knee that I injured about a month ago decided to tear while I was going down the stairs today. :cursing: I can not put any weight on my right leg at all. I have a PCP appt on Monday that was supposed to be to check on my asthma but now looks like I will have to be seeing about scheduling surgery for knee repair. I am bummed because this will delay my getting back to the gym and might slow my weight loss. But, at least it waited till after I got home from Mexicali and for that I am extremely thankful.:001_wub:

Ohhhhhhhhh Norma that stinks. I've had 2 ACL surgeries on my left knee, and only have a portion of my meniscus left in there. I feel your pain. I had a great DonJoy knee brace that did great for stabilization during my recovery, and in between surgeries.

I hope your appointment goes well. Keep us posted.

So sorry that this happened but it is great to know that you are doing fine otherwise. The weight is going to come off gym or no gym, just take good care of that knee!

Oh, I'm so sorry Norma! But you know what, in some ways if this was going to happen, now you will be healing from everything closer together rather than feeling like the minute you finish one procedure you have to deal with another. You will feel like a new woman by the time you get through with the knee also!

I am very sorry about your knee. Just know that the weight will still be dropping off because of the reduced calories you'll be consuming. I'll be thinking of you, take care.

I know all about knee pain! It's AWFUL!

Take care of the knee......I just had a total knee replacement and it has really been wonderful!

The weight will still come off, and you can always do arm exercises, and lying on the bed sit ups, and streches ( thats what I did ) and still do. Just be careful of the knee until you see your doc.

G'luck and hope you get to feeling better soon.

Norma I am sorry to hear about your

knee. You'll do fine losing weight

with the sleeve. I don't think it will slow things down.

Hope it feels better soon.

Norma,

Sorry to hear about your knee. What a bummer. Don't worry though, the weight will still fall off. I scheduled to have my other (right) knee surgery for mid-December. I am looking forward to my knee not hurting anymore, but not looking forward to the reduction in exercise required to let it heal. Good luck and keep us updated.

Hi Norma, glad you're now post-op and doing so well. I am sorry about your knee though - it sounds painful. Just concentrate on getting well as you have plenty of time to think about exercising yet. Take care of yourself xxx

Norma-

So sorry about the knee. Know that you will lose weight with or without serious exercise. You could start doing upper body exercises/weight lifting while you are waiting for your knee to heal. But don't get discouraged. Just having had the surgery, you will be starting to shrink.

Best wishes,

update-saw dr today. BP -138/80 reduced my Lisinopril. Diabetes-148 took off Lantus and Byetta, reduced Novolog to sliding scale, don't have to test but 4 times a day -down from every 2 hrs, d/c'd Glimiperide , K-Dur, Lasix. I am to crush my Paxil, Mucinex, and Singular and take at different times. Asthma is bronchitis or mild pneumonia-took chest X-ray and put me on liquid Keflex (one of the few antibiotics that I am not allergic too). He thinks that i must have aspirated something into my lungs. Knee-anterior horn of medial meniscus is toast. When he took hold of my ankle and pulled slightly to extend the leg I gasped. If the injury was only the meniscus, that would have relieved pressure and I would have felt better. Thus, surgery is going to be necessary and soon. I got a walker and will be able to get exercise building my endurance at walking with the walker. I have a orth consult for Thursday.

Drum roll please-------------------------------weight 280.6 lbs -almst 32 lb lost forever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

WTG NORMA!!!

32 Pounds is WONDERFUL!!!

Hope your knee surgery goes smoothly and you have it done soon.... I know how much of a pain it can be. G'luck to you!!

You are doing great. Soon your knee will be fixed and you will be feeling so much better. Hang in there.

Verdict-total knee replacement surgery.

Seeing second doctor tomorrow as guy who did my meniscus on left knee 5 yeas ago can't get me in for surgery for a month. I am in too much pain to be able to work and don't want to increase the pain meds to steroids to fill that time slot. Hoping to have surgery next week with tomorrow's doc.

Anyone able to let me know what total knee replacement recovery and hospital stay is like? Would appreciate any information/experience you have. PM me if you want. I need some support from someone who has been through the knee replacement surgery.