Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

surgery in Syria

I am a man ( 6 1'' and 360 lbs ) which puts me with 47.5 BMI, I recently contacted a dr. in Syria and he advised me to do the VSG surgery anytime soon . I a originally from Lebanon Beirut and living in vancouver BC.

The surgery will cost me 4000$ inclusing everything.

I am just wondering if anyone here had the surgery done in Lebanon or Syria ?

how much did the surgery cost u guys in total mentioning the country?

if everything went fine , I will be doing the surgery by the end of Novermber and I will keep you all posted.

Thank you all in advance.

I did my surgery in Cairo with an excellent professor called professor dr. Faheem El Bassiouny. he is my hero! if you need more details, you are welcome. best wishes.

I think it might cost about 7000 US dollars as a total. I would be cautious with syria. In egypt only two doctors perform the sleeve with adequate experience. it is a serious operation. you dont want some doctor to use you to learn this sugery. I would not care about money at this point. some doctor here offered to perform this operation for me for free cuz he is in the learning process with only history of performing 7 sleeves. best of luck.

Welcome to VST! This is a terrific place to learn with very knowledgeable and caring people. I'm sorry I don't have any answers to your questions. I wish you luck in your research.

I think it might cost about 7000 US dollars as a total. I would be cautious with syria. In egypt only two doctors perform the sleeve with adequate experience. it is a serious operation. you dont want some doctor to use you to learn this sugery. I would not care about money at this point. some doctor here offered to perform this operation for me for free cuz he is in the learning process with only history of performing 7 sleeves. best of luck.

I would not want anyone learning on me, as you say...this is serious major surgery. Research shows that after a surgeon has performed 300 sleeves, their complication rate drops significantly. I'd look for someone who has done at least 300. That's what I did.

I am a man ( 6 1'' and 360 lbs ) which puts me with 47.5 BMI, I recently contacted a dr. in Syria and he advised me to do the VSG surgery anytime soon . I a originally from Lebanon Beirut and living in vancouver BC.

The surgery will cost me 4000$ inclusing everything.

I am just wondering if anyone here had the surgery done in Lebanon or Syria ?

how much did the surgery cost u guys in total mentioning the country?

if everything went fine , I will be doing the surgery by the end of Novermber and I will keep you all posted.

Thank you all in advance.

Hi lebyvr,

I am also in Canada, and went to Mexico with Emmanuel Medical end of September, it cost me only $5000 USD including airfare. And that also included everything.

Dr Almanza has performed over 400 sleeve surgeries this year alone so is very experienced and skilled. Would recommend this facility and surgeon whole-heartedly.

Best of luck!

Donna:001_cool:

Hi Lebyvr,

I'm lebanese myself...answering ur question, I recommend Dr. safadi from AUH a.k.a AUBMC in Beirut...he was my surgeon and did a proper job. $10,000 in total. aubmc@aub.edu.lb good luck

Hi lebyvr,

I am also in Canada, and went to Mexico with Emmanuel Medical end of September, it cost me only $5000 USD including airfare. And that also included everything.

Dr Almanza has performed over 400 sleeve surgeries this year alone so is very experienced and skilled. Would recommend this facility and surgeon whole-heartedly.

Best of luck!

Donna:001_cool:

thank you much for ur reply and advice, If u don't mind I would like to get more information from you as 5000 $ and get it done by an experienced dr. :) is a great price. Don't know where you live in Canada as airfare will differ. The surgery will cost me way more including airfare to syria and hotel plus it's a long flight.

I f you dont mind, I would like to email to get more details

aboalardat@gmail.com

is my email

Hi Lebyvr,

I'm lebanese myself...answering ur question, I recommend Dr. safadi from AUH a.k.a AUBMC in Beirut...he was my surgeon and did a proper job. $10,000 in total. aubmc@aub.edu.lb good luck

Hi and thanks for ur reply , I know that Lebanese dr.s are real experts espacially the AUH ones. I am just wondering howcome the ministry of health didnt pay for u , as they usually pay. My friend had his gastric bypass in beirut last year and he paid onky 3000$ and the rest paid by the ministry(wizaret el sa77a). I am not Lebanese in origin and that's why I have to pay it myself and 10000 is a lot of money for me :):)

Edited by lebyvr

Hi again,

Unfortunately most mid-east countries do not officially register obesity issues as diseases. as for " wizarit il-sa77a", I find that shocking that they took care of a part of the payment, ur friend must have had a special case or special contacts (cough:001_tongue:).

btw, I'm pure Lebanese...but I dont live in beirut...and I am paying this myself as well...in easy installments through my bank. I just popped there, visited my friends..did the operation and came back :001_wub:

I think u could just do it in canada or something if ur gonna save up 5000$ or so..thats a lot of money my friend!

best of luck khayeh...if u need anything let me know.

I did my surgery in Cairo with an excellent professor called professor dr. Faheem El Bassiouny. he is my hero! if you need more details, you are welcome. best wishes.

thanks for ur relpy

how much did it cost u if i may ask