Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm having my first consult/seminar Oct. 22nd. I'm eating like it's my last horah....because I know after surgery....that will be no more....I love food. I know how hard this will be....so I'm eating while I still can....is this normal? :sad0: I feel like a total PIG.:welcome:

I think we all do things differently... yep. I ate like a pig too on my first consult....... but I "KNEW" I wasn't gonna get the surgery..... I went to 3 or 4 seminars before I knew it was "right" and final and going thru with it.

And when that happened, I tried to do right, but ended up binging one day. felt soooo guilty.

But I had the surgery, and its not a sure fire quick fix.. we have to work out why we eat like we do.... I struggle everyday.... not gonna try to lie about it. I still struggle.......

Do you regret any of it? Is it still worth all you've been through? I knew when I heard of the surgery, I wanted it, I didn't care what I'd have to go through. I just want a way to control my portions, my appitite, my urges. I still want to be able to eat what I love, just not much of it. I can live with that.

I just love food so much....I worry about the loss if it....it would be like a death...it seems....I don't know.... is it?

Do I regret anything???

NO WAY!!

Do I regret being able to wear a size 14 pants instead of a "stretch" 4X??

Go from a size 5X to a XL/1X???

Do I regret being able to eat a 'normal/smaller portions of food' and feel FULL???

Do I regret being able to tie my shoe?

Do I regret being able to exercise??

THOSE are just the "cosmetic" points of view....

Do I regret having normal BP?

Normal Sugars??

Normal Cholestorol?

Normal breathing?

Normal or above normal activity level?

Nope. I would do it again in a heart beat!

The only regret I have is not having it done sooner....... but I have it now, and have to work at it every day, but it is worth it!

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU...just what I needed to hear....I want out of the body....and to have all those things....I need that pep talk....THANK YOU!!!!!!

Judy, I binged quite a bit before surgery too. I also thought I would mourn the loss of food, but I really don't. You will be amazed at how food is no longer that important in your life after you have the surgery. It is so liberating to no longer spend my every waking minute wondering and planning what I am going to eat next. Now I spend my days planning what activity I am going to enjoy doing with my family next instead. It is wonderful to have the energy and desire to do things other than eat again.

That is what I want more than anything, Not to morn the loss of food. It has been such a BIG part of my life for so long. I've been through so much in my life. Two nasty divorces, with cheating husbands that completely depleted my self esteem. It took a long time to find who I was before them. And now that I have real love in my life, I want to be all I can be not just for him, but for ME. To enjoy the rest of my life without food addiction. I want to eat to live, not live to eat. I want to do all those activities that normal people do, and like you said have the desire to do them, not just watch other people do them. I'm so ready...to change my life. Thank you so much for your encouragement, it means the world to me and I'm sure eveyrone here to have other women to talk to, who've "been there"....this is unlike any other site I've ever been on. You have not idea the impact your site has on us that are ready to begin this jorney of change....I'm ready to transform in to that butterfly I spoke of when we were talking about Tattoos. That will be mine...thank you all !!!!!

Judy,

I binged really bad before the procedure. The sad part is, I scheduled my surgery on May 5, 09 for September 15 09. So that was a looonnnggg time to wait for my procedure in my opinion. I did try to watch was I was eating but it was so hard, I felt that "this will be my last chance to eat a whole cheese pizza" or "let me taste those sugar Cookies just one last time." I ended up gaining about 15 lbs. Do I regret it? Heck no! I did what I had to do, lol. HOWEVER, I DID NOT cheat on pre-op and like Susan stated earlier, I still like food but it does not control me the way that it did as a pre-op. Yesterday, sadly, I forgot to eat until it was like 5 pm. I was so busy going to the hair salon, getting my make up done, taking engagement photos until it wasnt until 5pm when I started feeling a bit weak. Then it hit me, I had not eaten since around 7 pm the previous night, THAT IS A FIRST! Trust me, its not recommended to do that and that is the first time thats ever happened, IT just goes to show you how your relationship with food changes.

Pre-op--I would have eaten a nice plate of pancakes (my happy food) prior to going to the hair salon. I would have gone to the vending machine for those nice big cinnamon rolls that I love (at the hair salon). I would have picked up a snack on the way to have the pics taken. Then my fiance and I would have gone to a nice restaurant directly after the photo shoot! But not this time. After the photo shoot, we did eat about 2 hours later and it was so funny because when I started trying to eat my restriction was unreal, all I could really eat was about 3 bites and I asked for a carry out. I went home & went to sleep. Today, I did much better because I was at home and was able to "schedule" my food.

So your thoughts on food does change. I would however, stop drinking soda now, if you do. It will make the transition easier. I must say, I dont miss drinking carbonated beverage, I thought I would.

Good Luck--Have your last hoorah, if you like, just dont gain 15 lbs like I did. I was a very, bad girl! LOL Do it in moderation and follow your preop diet!