Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

New from New Zealand

Just want to say hi, I am from New Zealand and are going to be having my sleeve done on the 21st October and I cant wait, I am so pleased I have come across this site so much information. thanks Jade

Welcome, Jade. You will find a lot of helpful info on this forum. It was a real blessing to me, and I took lots of notes as I read through hundreds of posts.

Best of luck in your surgery!

Hi Jade and welcome to the VST family forum. You are gonna love it here. Congrats on your date and please keep us informed of your progress.

thank you both, it is so good to be able to read all the post, as I have found there doesnt seem to be alot on the sleeve, more on the bypass, so it is great to know I can talk to people post op on here if I am having any worries, there are some really inspiring stories and I just cant wait to shift this extra weight. I am not nervous but quite excited I am meant to be on a liquid diet for the 2 weeks before hand, hmm finding that a little bit hard at times, but I knows its all in my head, I just seem to be a boredom eater, so only one thing for that now isnt it, to keep myself busy :001_smile:

Welcome to our forum family Jade, we're happy to have you join us. Good luck with your surgery and we will look forward to joining you on your journey. Ask all the questions you might have and someone will have an answer for you. We're all here to support one another!

Welcome Jade! I felt the same way when I was researching the sleeve, I wanted to read everything I could from as many different perspectives as possible, so happy I found this board. Good luck on the pre-op diet, the 21st will be here before you know it and the pre-op diet will be a memory.

Welcome Jade!

I LOVEEEEEE this site...... I use to go to many of them out there, but I think I found a site I feel is "home" ( Hope they feel the same!! LOL )

Most are by pass sites and don't know about the sleeve....

Congrats on our date and keep us posted on your progress! You'll do just fine!

Chancie

OF COURSE we feel the same way - you're a GREAT inspiration to so many and have an upbeat and helpful attitude.

Glad you feel at home here -- I feel the same way - I don't go anywhere else!

hi thanks i totally agree this would have to be the best site that i have come across, i am still reading up on everyone posts, it has made me feel so good to know that i am not alone in how i am feeling pre-op and how i will feel post-op. the only problem i am having is the pre-op diet meant to be liquid and oh boy am i having a hard time sticking to it, hopefully it wont make to much differnce to me having the operation, since i am paying for it myself i dont think that they will not do it. thanks for all your replies..thanks Jade