Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Recent threads

Before I start this, I want it to be very clear that I am not looking for a fight, nor do I want anyone jumping in here turning this thread into an Us vs. Them thread. I want to say something to everyone that I feel is very important and I don't want it to be lost in stupid bickering.

It was stated that I slapped someone around and planted vicious seeds on the chicken Sh*t thread. That is a strong accusation that I felt I needed to address. If the moderators wish to ban me for doing so, then so be it. I would hate to lose LBT, but I hate people thinking this way about me even more.

I grow continually frustrated with being treated like I refuse to hear the truth about what one can encounter with the band. I grow equally frustrated with being accused of living in a land of rainbows, pink ponies, butterflies, and so on, simply because I see no reason to rain on people's parades all the time. Yes, the facts are there. Yes, the facts do contain a negative aspect, but I see no reason to constantly focus on them. When people do, it causes fear and upset in others that just isn't necessary. THAT attitude is what my response on the chicken Sh*t thread was all about. That and that alone was what I addressed.

I had no idea that anyone else was going to express such strong feelings about the user I addressed. In fact, there were quite a few of those people who posted that I'd never really talked to before. Those feelings were theirs, not mine, and obviously they needed to express them. It was not my intention to begin a war, or plant any seeds. I spoke out in frustration without thinking about what others would have to say in response. I just felt bad that this user felt it necessary to bring down a woman who was excited and hopeful about her weight loss journey.

What happened after that had nothing to do with me. It was, in my opinion, people voicing their feelings about a user who has attacked, degraded, scared, and harassed others to the point of them not even wanting to post here at LBT. As I said in that thread... she spread enough of it around that some finally got on her.

I do feel bad about the way the thread ended up going, and I did try at one point to step in and get people back on the topic. I even stated that if it couldn't get back on topic, it should be closed. I do not apologize to the user for my opinions about them, nor do I feel responsible for the way others responded to that thread. However, I do feel bad that I participated in the Sunshine Sisterhood thread with a direct slam at the user in question in the first thread. That was childish of me and I apologize for allowing myself to be caught up in it.

I am proud of the women who were referred to as Sunshine Sisters, as named by the user in the Chicken Sh*t thread. They are caring, loving women who are always so ready to help a brother or sister stay on track. They are positive happy people who, in my opinion, are indeed rays of sunshine on LBT. I do know how easy it is to get caught up in these types of fights, but I think it's always more productive to avoid them. So I restate, that was not my intent to start any wars when I posted my opinion on the Chicken Sh*t thread. I know how upsetting that is to many people who come here and I'm sorry things went to the point of requiring intervention by the staff.

Sincerely,

Susan

The two threads mentioned have been deleted after discussing it with the originators. So, to keep bringing this up when the threads no longer exist is not accomplishing anything.

I do understand the frustration felt from all parties involved and respect their opinions. Just not the way they were expressed.

I believe we should lock this thread now to prevent further postings.

This makes me sad.......someone came here to apologize -- and you want to lock the thread? I understand - I just find it sad

I didn't read the thread in question so I can't comment.

With all due respect, Mods... I wrote this before I had any knowledge of any previous threads being deleted, and my post was an apology and statement of regret that things went so badly. Yet, three of the four Mods here have posted on this thread, shaking a finger of warning at me.

I ask each of you... why have you not posted these sentiments on the thread started by DeLarla, entitled "Old Disgruntled Failure Forum" in which she and Geezer Sue continue their mocking remarks about the deleted threads? Perhaps you missed their ongoing jabs at the people who were involved in those deleted threads. I sincerely hope that's the case.

I choose to believe that your concerns about the rules of LBT and the protection of personal rights are extend to all members and not just a select few. With that in mind I hope this "oversight" will be remedied at once and that all members will be reminded of the rules and that all threads containing such disturbing posts be locked.

Thank you.

I agree Susan. Here here!

Also got another one rehashed by Yoda, but nothing was said about that

http://www.lapbandtalk.com/showthread.php?t=18738

Another thread of bashing ...

Hello Susan and TellyMelly:

1. I have along with the other moderators been watching all the threads that have "bashing" in them.

2. Moderators do not play favorites as was implied.

3. We take each incidence and see just where the problems lie based on the rules and guidelines we ALL agreed to when we joined.

4. After careful review of said "Disgruntled" thread none of the moderators saw where there was a specific person's name mentioned or singled out for attack. IF you can show this to me or another moderator then we will in fact deal with it. (Edit = since posting this I have had to lock said thread)

5. The fact that we are having to use our moderator skills saddens me greatly. It means that some cannot let things just die on their own and therefore mod must step in an do our jobs.

6. I will say that I was unaware you did not know the threads were deleted already. For that I apologize.

7. Everyone that participated on the two deleted threads were addressed and reminded of the rules when I posted them. If it will end this discussion once and for all I will post a BRAND NEW THREAD with the rules for all to view.

8. Just like I don't discuss what I speak to you about in PM's I will not discuss what I have or will discuss with other members. So, how do you know the very things you are complaining about hasn't already been addressed. Please allow the mod some commen sense and fairness.

LAST, All topics of bashing, mob mentality, cliques, etc should NOT be discussed in my humble opinion in a public forum. Those discussions should be taken to the PRIVATE MESSAGES which is just that PRIVATE.

Susan, you are a sweet person and have alot of good information and knowledge to share please do not let this stop you from sharing but please let it remind you of how easily it can be to get pulled into the scuffle at times. I know it has happend to me before and I lost some friends because of my own weakness.

Tellymelly, I don't know you well enough so just remain true to yourself with the understanding that not everyone will agree with your comments or understand your sense of humor. And I will check out the other thread mentioned as well.

I hope this has helped allay some of your concerns about how moderators handle things.