Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Old Disgruntled Failure Forum

3loves!

Congrats on your surgery. Please let us know as soon as you can how you are doing.

Just to let you know, you stick in my head all the time now! That statement "Addiction is Managed not Cured" is very profound for me. (I missed that Dr. Phil) Thank You! You are an inspiration, and one of the finest examples of doing your research and going into this thing with your eyes wide open! Good for you, girl!

Congratulations on chosing the band for your weight loss journey. It is a great tool when the rules are followed and if you get fills at regular intervals.

Thank you. I know, that statement was profound to me as well. It will keep me going along with all the wonderful support here at LBT. I'm trying to get my DH to move my computer upstairs for after the surgery. We sold the laptop and I don't want to do a flight of stairs. LBT is my most recent addiction. :eek: We have a router, so I'm not sure how he's going to do it.

3loves - you gotta get hooked up upstairs.. we can commiserate and compare notes when we get home from surgery! I love that "addiction is managed not cured" statement as well... I never realized I had a food addiction until as of late... (just thought I was born to be fat or something).. Now I realize that my behavior is why I'm fat (maybe with a little genetics thrown in for good measure?)...:eek: I thank LBT for helping me with this realization as well!

For all of the preaching and "forum rules" reminders that have been going on around here, all I see is a bunch of hypocritical mods.

I'm extremely disappointed and will most likely stop visiting this message board for a while.

EDIT - duplicate post

For all of the preaching and "forum rules" reminders that have been going on around here, all I see is a bunch of hypocritical mods.

I'm extremely disappointed and will most likely stop visiting this message board for a while.

Psusan, do you even realize that you freak people out? You’re like an elephant that memorizes every dusty old post to use as ammunition while hiding behind lame innuendous emoticons, and yes that is a word in my world. Be a lady and take your goofy cheerleading squad of trolls to your Sunshine thread. If you think anyone falls for your sarcasm as if you’re genuine, you’re dead-wrong. You disgust me with your stupid *waves* across the room and pathetic use of emoticons as if we don’t know your agenda. One minute you’re publicly insulting me, the next sending me Private Messages as if we’re buddies. We are NOT. Frankly, you scare the piss out of me the way you follow me around the board. It’s damn bizarre. Please pass the Depends.
What an ugly and classless thing to post. You should be ashamed of yourself.

Answering honestly, how many have sent this post to a mod as a troubled post? They may not read it & may not realize that it blew up in the last hour. It was fine & dandy for quite a while, give them time to react.

And please remember that they don't live on here, this is not something they get paid to do... it may be hours before they do something. They may have hoops to jump through that we don't see. It took them 24 hours to do something about the other threads. Give it time.

Please move along & let the post drop. If you don't respond, it goes away VERY quickly.

Mabtest, Telly and Tricia, you all obviously feel the need to say these things also, which is why you continue to repeat the truth over and over and over by copying and pasting the same paragraph on so many pages. Just in case people don't see it on one page, now you've got it spread on several pages so thank you for your support. I appreciate you trying to point out to Psusan that she's scaring innocent members from posting here at LBT. Thank you.

um...I hate to say it but it is not Susan who is scaring people away -- just stop already please......did threads such as this one help you when you first came to this website?

DeLarla, it's your truth. Frankly, you should not be embarrassed b/c you posted it. Live up to it. Own it!

I will keep quoting it for the rest of my days here at this forum. Even if today is the last day I will let everyone know how mean and viscious one can become once paranoia hits them.

Mabtest, Telly and Tricia, you all obviously feel the need to say these things also, which is why you continue to repeat the truth over and over and over by copying and pasting the same paragraph on so many pages. Just in case people don't see it on one page, now you've got it spread on several pages so thank you for your support. I appreciate you trying to point out to Psusan that she's scaring innocent members from posting here at LBT. Thank you.
You know, you have a very skewed sense of reality because my most recent post is the FIRST time I've contributed to this thread. And, Susan happens to be my friend and doesn't scare me in the least. I'm out of here.

As a newbie to this site, I'm more of a lurker-gatherer of information then a poster. I really do apprieciate this thread. I was banded in March, and luckily have a doctor that made us go through many many steps before we signed up for the surgery. So no, I wasnt misinformed. I work with 5 women at work who have had this surgery done with great results. So far so good for me, and I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

I do feel sorry for the people here that feel the need to make newbies feel inferior, or their questions stupid. To try to set people up for the failure that they themselves are experiencing, or afraid to experience, is just plain sad. I figure they didnt have as good of a doctor as I did.

What I would like to add to this is just an opinion. People need to get rid of the good/bad fat/thin mentality. The size of my ass does NOT measure my self worth! Nor does the size of anyone elses measure theirs. The second people start to find themselves worthy to themselves they may treat others with a little more respect. To bad they cant invent a band that will give people higher self esteem eh?

So I guess with all my rambling I'm trying to say that I hate that word failure. No one here is a failure no matter how you do, and the person who lost 100 pounds is no better or wiser than the one who only lost 10. Eating a bag of potato chips doesnt make you BAD, it makes you full. Just like eating salad everyday for 4 months doesnt give me a halo. (just really freakin sick of salad! hehe)

Hope that made sense, I'm a MUCH better speaker than I am a writer. :eek: Oh, and I dont have a picture, or a ticker because I cant figure out how to do it!