Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Old Disgruntled Failure Forum

I love people who are real and I needed the smiles that reading this thread brought. Thank you.

Receive and provide support for Lap-Band

This is what we are supppose to be doing. When I joined lapband talk everybody was so nice, now it seems there has to be sides to everything. Are we not all going through the same thing? We are all here to offer support with this thing in us, or not in us? We all have the same goal, we want to lose weight and look hot.

So many different people have motivated me and have helped me along the way. So I think if somebody starts a thread, let them speak there mind without bad mouthing or making them feel bad for what they think or say. (This is not directed towards you Delara, you are one of the people that have helped me in more than one way).

If my mother was on this board reading any of this, her first words would be.....If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say it at all. (I learned something from you mom).

You'll be ok. Don't worry, I'm sure mom taught you well. lol

Lisa-

Haven't talked to you in a while.....I'm moving towards being an old, now disgruntled, NOT-failure bandster. If you remember, you were a huge inspiration for me when I was going through my port infection and removal several months ago. One thing that you said to me, that no one else would was.... "make the most of every minute with your band, because some day you may not have it anymore." Those words have stuck with me, and I believe are 90% responsible for the success I had in my first 6 months of bandster life.

I just had my port replaced last week, and am praying to God it does not once again get infected (although I know I am highly susceptible to this happening according to stats). I have surely been in a slump these past 6 weeks, but thanks to you....THATS OKAY! I have made the best of the time that I could up until now. Reality is setting in, 3 surgeries in 9 months have gotten the best of me. But you know what.....I knew this would happen because somebody had the guts to say it. I haven't been slapped upside the head with a huge surprise because I knew it was coming. This has made it much easier in a way to deal with....still doesn't take all the discouragement away, but I feel it has kept me from diving into a deep dark depression.

Yes it is easy to be all happy and up-beat when the weight is melting off....Having been there, I now am starting to see the other side. I am one of those that lost 20+ pounds a month sometimes. Now, I have lost not even 10 pounds in 2 months. I say this not to discourage or depress others....facts are facts....and those are mine. Plain and simple. And to one lonely lurker out there who might be experiencing the same things as I have, it might make them feel better to know they are not alone. That is the purpose of declaring myself old and disgruntled. And besides, with being older also comes wisdom. Wisdom is only something you gain as you EXPERIENCE life and the band.

There I feel better now. Love ya girl!

Robyn

Delarla-

Oh Dear Dear Delarla. How boring life would be without you in LBT!

Forget hijacking controversial threads...we just all want to talk on your threads! Lighthouses, Latex, non-failure mode....all of it is glorious.

Uh Jack....I'm having a difficult time clearing that Vin Diesel/Jack picture out of my head from about 5 threads ago!!

Have a deeeeelightful Day!

Jon - Official member of Lisa's Bandster Boys

Your all still here.......to me, that doesn't = failure.

I would not have been banded if it weren't for my old friends here who held my cyber hand from day one. To all who spoke the truth, the good, the bad and the ugly of possible things that could happen so I wouldn't be taken off guard if and when they happened to me. I am forever greatful.

I welcome any and all advice in any form that it's given to me. Positive or negative. If I can use it, I will, if I can't, I don't. Simple as that.

Penni, Letha, Delarla, NewSho, Jack, Sue, Alex, Paula and all the rest of you guys have been nothing but a guiding light for me. I love you all for that! If it wasn't for LBT I wouldn't have even gotten banded, nor would my husband have agreed to it. He reads here too sometimes and you all helped a "skinny" person see the light as well. A big hug for you all!

(((((((((((((((:eek:)))))))))))))

Sounds like she could of taught you a thing or two Tellymelly. LOL

Rude and obnoxious and ironic you found yourself to be funny. Wow!

And Nope. If your mom taught you well then you would have kept that to yourself.

Now back to the program of Disgruntled ...somethings..

Do I qualify? I know I'm feeling like a disgrunlted something lately. And since I haven't had much success losing weight... well, I'm almost back to my starting weight.

You're more than welcome ma'am! We certainly empathize with where you are and have been. Grab yourself a rocking chair!

I've always had a hard time following controversial threads because I read too fast and skip over the good parts. I leave the good stuff for Lisa to cover! And as usual...you have in only the way you can. I love LBT because even though my band is empty and I have eaten more in one day than I used to in a week, I still feel like a success because I can come here and talk to others who have had the same thing happen...and who have overcome it in one way or another.

I feel like I am broken inside. I am not like other people. I have no shut off hunger valve. And then I got the band. And then I met you folks who were broken like me and I didn't feel alone anymore.

People ask me all the time how to lose weight. For awhile I was cocky and said "Just limit your portions, eat Protein, and learn that no food is good or bad...you just make different choices". Now with my band empty, I have learned that I really don't know how to lose weight and I have no business telling anyone else how to. Now if someone asks, I will say "Get a band". And then they will have to learn what works for them BECAUSE IT IS DIFFERENT FOR EVERYONE!!!!

Failure is not trying. And Lisa, Geezer, Paula, NewSho, Michelle, Jack, Leatha, Vines, Penni, Donali...they are the definition of success to me because of how hard they are trying.

Love you guys!

Megan

Just for the record, I wanted to let all of you know that back in 2000 I left my Thinking Cap in the Labor & Delivery room. Ive been calling the Lost and Found weekly, but nothing yet...

Keeping that in mind, am I the only one that saw this????? or is the sleep deprivation causing hallucinations ALONG with the disgruntled failure stuff.

BTW, regarding the old, disgruntled thing.. I reckon it's time to face up to it. Even this week I got an email inviting me to be in a country music video as 'an older good lookin bar fly' type..

LOL Paula.. It's true.

I didn't know whether to be flattered or hurt. Unfortunately (or fortunately) I don't smoke anymore, and they want someone who smokes. lol I certainly KNOW HOW, and I did have to give it some thought for about 2 minutes (I could use $7500). But, I have not replied. Otherwise, I think I could fit the part very well.

Here's the email. I got it on myspace.com and I'm sure I'm not the only one. Pretty amusing... but it did make me stop and think. I guess I have arrived.. sigh.

"Do you smoke pretty lady?

How old are you?

Would you like to be in my music video for cmt&gac?

The director wants me to find mature older ladies mid 30s to late 50s to play a cowgirl all shapes and sizes,

NOT models and no exp required to basically sit in a bar smoke a cigarette and hold a drink like evryday moms and wives at their local bar after a long week of work having a goodtime with their sposue and friends type deal here.

Not a snoop dog video so NOT looking for younegr mdoels for this certain shot so pelase dont put yourself down because of your age and say to me why me?

i'm not a model I've got wrinkles lol..

Don't wanna hear it.

Pay is $7500 and before you ask me if i'm for real and are you serious?

Read my profile and look at my pics and if still not convinced I can call you on the phone and sing you my song from my profile called Lets get Loose which is the one im doing for my video to prove its me.

Airfare will be paid,hotels meals and you can bring a friend along.

I saw your pic and think youve got the perfect eyes for the part.

We've been getting lots of replies from people who wanna be in it but they don't smoke or meet the age criteria for this shot.

Do you know how to make a short video clip or dvd?

We'll need an audition over the net of you smoking like video clip or dvd.

Do you know how to make wmv or mpg files to email or do you have access to a video camcorder?

from 2 seperate cam angles but must inhale and must be adleast 35 or older.

Also looking to hire a midget for a funny dance scene if ya know any.

Let me know. "

LMAO - that's me. or maybe I could qualify for the midget part as well?? :biggrin1:

ROFL! Don't feel hurt Leatha_g. Hell, you'd be an overnight celebrity and get paid for it too. A Country Music Video with you in it will be forever ..ever...ever.....ever...(echo)

They will play this video for 20+ years. (I saw some really old 1980's videos on VH1 2 months or so ago, sorta countdown of badly done pop music videos and I felt really old b/c I remember those videos as a kid.)

Imagine what you could do with $7,500. I'd pay off the rest of my surgery fees. But then again, if you are not wanting to do the smoking thing, that's understandable.

I for 1 would do it, immortalizing my trollish self on film, forever for all to see. *giggles* But god help me if they played the video back 20 years from now as a countdown of bad videos.