Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Chicago friends

Can I interrupt for just one post? :)

I'm in Chicago (Aurora/Naperville area, technically) this week (was in downtown last week) and was wondering if someone could give me a good dinner recommendation. Today we went to "Key Wester" or "Key Westerner" or something like that. It was yummy! But we would like to try some place new tomorrow.

Thanks, and I'll bow out now. :D

I come here several times a year, and normally we have Italian so I've probably been to the local Italian places.

i haven't been there. I havent tried any mexican yet - too afraid i'll break down and cry cuz i miss rice. =)

but i'm in for whatever!

Wheetsin, try Big Bowl at the Streets of Woodfield, it's mongolian bbq sorta, very good. Also flat top grill, same concept but cheaper. You select the meat, veggies and sauce and they cook it to your liking. (soup, stirfry, or a main dish, all very good) Do you have a Red Robin near your home? If not they are a gourmet burger place, very good, I get them with no bun and they have big steak fries. Everything on the menu is good. If you are into gourmet stuff, there is a culinary school downtown that you can watch them prepare your food and then it is served by the students, it's reasonable and fun. If you are looking for a good time and decent food, check out Dick's Last Resort (right by Navy Peir) it's crude, rude and tons of fun. I also love tapas, there are several places to get fun and unusual dishes served in small portions (we like Cafe Ba-Ba-Reeba ) we got loads of info at www.metromix.com they have menus, prices and reviews. Have fun in our windy cold city. Next time you are going to be in town let us know and we can plan a lunch while you are here. ~Mandy

I did this last year and it made a cute Bracelet and Merrick makes a $1 donation for a great cause. http://www.makethecommitment.org/default.asp

Here is the info I checked it out on snopes.com too http://www.snopes.com/inboxer/charity/merck.asp

~Mandy

Can I interrupt for just one post? :D

I'm in Chicago (Aurora/Naperville area, technically) this week (was in downtown last week) and was wondering if someone could give me a good dinner recommendation. Today we went to "Key Wester" or "Key Westerner" or something like that. It was yummy! But we would like to try some place new tomorrow.

Thanks, and I'll bow out now. :)

I come here several times a year, and normally we have Italian so I've probably been to the local Italian places.

All in the Naperville area: On the Border - like veggiestyle was saying - is a good choice. It is by the Target on RT 59. Also Friaco's by the mall is also good for Mexican. For Indian a great place is Indian Harvest on Ogden and I think the cross street is Royal St George. There is a great Thai place on RT 59 and N Aurora Rd next to the Oberweiss but I can't remember what it is called. Downtown Naperville also has some great restaurants. Hope that helps :)

Wheetsin---they are so many places to eat in the Naperville area. Spaghetti Warehouse is wonderful, there is an Olive Garden, On the Border, Chilis, there are a lot of unique dining options in Downtown Naperville! Have a great time here!

Hello, I am am scheduled for surgery on 1/31 and was wondering if I might be able to join you for luncheon on the 25th?

Thanks,

amelia

Amelia, you have been added to the list. ~Mandy

Hi Neighbors...

I was invited here by Soniacan {thanks}.

I'm new to this forum ~ will have my first meeting w/Dr. Kushner this Tuesday. I'm a wreck wondering about what he'll have to say, insurance approval, etc. I'm going to continue reading here - hoping I can ease my mind a bit.

Thanks again for the invite.

Hey everyone! I meant to introduce myself on this thread a while ago. I'm in Chicago...far south near Oak Lawn, but I work in Schaumburg.

I was banded earlier this month, so I'm still learning the ropes. I'd love to join you for lunches, could use the support, but I teach a math class on Saturday mornings in the city. Depends on how long you hang around chatting after you've eaten. I'm sure I'll be able to make it to one of the get togethers.

I guess that's all for now. Talk to you later.

Inner Me, you are welcome to any of the lunches, we were there 3 hours last time. If we make the lunch later or on Sunday next month can you make it? I just moved from Chicago Ridge in June. Hope to meet you soon, ~Mandy

Yes, especially if you hang around for 3 hours. I'll definitely come. The class I teach gets out at 1pm.

It's the same thing with the support classes associated with the surgical center where I was banded. They have them on Saturday mornings. That's why I love this site. It's where I get the most support from others in my same situation.

My family is very supportive, they just aren't banded.

We don't have a time set for the lunch yet, can we make it around 3 so that Chris (inner Me) can join us? Let me know if that works for everyone...~Mandy