Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

DFW dinners in June (and 1 in May)

I'm going to list all the opportunities for bandster socialization. Several of these are compliments of DFW Bandsters (a Yahoo group). Mikey & I have been attending them regularly. They're a fun group. The attendance varies from week to week, but everyone's been really nice.

Basically, with these events included, we have something band related every Sat of the month except the 2nd one. Good times! :)

Burleson Bandster dinner, Date: Saturday May 27, 2006

Plano Band Buddies Saturday lunch

Date: Saturday June 3, 2006

Time: 2:00 pm - 5:00 pm

Hosted by: DFW bandsters (Yahoo health group)

Repeat: This event repeats on the first Saturday of every month.

Type: lunch

Aparicio's Restaurante Mexicano & Tequila Bar

1001 E. 18th St.

Plano, TX

972-423-6980

Aparicio's Restaurante Mexicano & Tequila Bar is located 3 blocks east of Central Expressway on 18th Street in Plano, TX (or 1 block west of Ave "K". Restaurant sits on the immediate east side of the DART railroad treacks. food is delicious and the service is accomodating and efficient. The fellowship is the best!!!

List of LBT-ers going (I'll let the Yahoo group know):

2 Janet & Mikey

DFW LBT Dinner

Date: Saturday June 17, 2006

Time: 4:30 pm

Hosted by: Um, us!! LBT DFW-ers!:)

Repeat: This event repeats on the 3rd Saturday of every month.

Type: Dinner

Red Hot & Blue Restaurant

5910 N Macarthur Blvd

Irving, TX 75039

972-402-0225

It's just NORTH of 114 on Macarthur. Yahoo maps is off, but not too much: the star is just on the wrong side of the highway.

The restaurant was nice. Good meat selections, great adult beverages, fairly quiet, nice comfortable chairs. If you want us to move again, let me know! :) Also, if the time is getting too late, let me know. 3pm was just a little too early for dinner, and too late for lunch, lol. Though it was nice to be the only folks there!

List so far:

2 Janet & Mikey

Burleson Bandster Dinner

Date: Saturday June 24, 2006

Time: 4:30 pm - 7:00 pm

Hosted by: DFW bandsters (Yahoo health group)

Repeat: This event repeats on the last Saturday of every month.

Type: Dinner

Antonio's Mexican Restaurant

344K SW Wilshire Blvd.

Burleson, TX

817-426-3460

Antonio's is on SH 174 (Wilshire Blvd) about a mile west of I-35. Exit I-35 at the Wislhire Exit (can only go to the west) and come west about a mile. Antonio's is in the Strip Mall on the right hand side (north) opposite the China King Super Buffet. It is in the center of the shops in the corner of the ell shape.

List of LBT-ers going (I'll let the Yahoo group know):

2 Janet & Mikey

Hope to see you at one or all of these events! :)

Pics from yesterday's get together:

post-205713-13813133344678_thumb.jpg

The image button is gone :) I'll try to fake it, but I may just end up doing these as attachments. **sigh** Guess it's attachments. One at a time so they show, augh! Ya'll were right, lol, I should have had Randy & Joy move! :) Still, the contrast wasn't too bad. :)

post-205713-13813133345034_thumb.jpg

All of the pics are wonderful! I'm so glad I was able to spend time with some wonderful folks. Of course, special thanks to the great photography; the couples pics are really nice.:)

Courtney wasn't looking forward to coming, but after she met everyone, she couldn't stop talking about how neat everyone was! She is a bit more supportive of LB than she was before.

Thanks for helping me to win her over. She and my Mom are my biggest fans; it would be a tough process without their support.:)

Howdy folks. We made it to our appointed post over in Weatherford with time to spare. Thanks Mike, for the directions. It went smooth as silk. We were standing on the exit 408 bridge when about 150 bikers came tooling along. Everyone was waving and honking at the crazy people on the bridge with the flag. And some of the bikers did, too. It was great! We made it back to the house about 11:00. 5:30 sure came early.

Janet, the pictures are fantastic! The one of me and Joy was just right to cover up some of the gray hair.....LOL

The pictures came out great - good job Janet and Randy!

Glad you made it to your event with no problem Randy, Mike's usually spot-on with directions - I count on him a lot! Randy, how's this color on your eyes? I wouldn't have changed for just anyone - ask Mike, pink is my all time favorite color! Purple comes in somewhere in the top 3 though so, alls well!

Anita, you and your daughter are both lovely women - how proud you must be of your beautiful daughter.

As always it was great to see everyone and I look forward to seeing you all again next month.

Janet, where are you going girl? You are disappearing from us - literally! Keep up the -obvious- great work!

Donna, where is your avator? YOU ARE GORGEOUS!!! If I looked half that good, Id splash my mug all over!!!!!!!!!!!!!! youre a fox! :)

Everyone looks so great!!!!

Heh, Donna's our camera shy member, though we caught her in the group pic! :eek: I love going back to the old pics & watching us change!

When you making a road trip to DFW, Paula? :) We'll have a special dinner on whatever day you come! :hungry:

Dang it... forgot to check this thread for the next date! Sorry I missed it guys. BTW Randy & MsJoy - I'm moving out to Cedar Creek Lake so I won't be THAT far from you. Glad to hear you all had a good time! I'll try and make the next one!

Wow, you guys look like you had a lot of fun! I can't wait until I finish school and get to move to Dallas!! There's not really any band support activities in San Antonio, and Dallas is more fun anyway!! :cake:

Ya'll are all looking great! Keep up the good work!

:cake: Kristin