Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

time for another unfill...way tighter 3 weeks AFTER fill

after my last fill i thought it was PERFECT, i was for 2 weeks but the 3rd week it got a considerable amount tighter. i left to go out of town for 2 weeks, i stayed tight (liquids ONLY till dinner, i could have solids for dinner if i was careful and stuck to chicken or fish) i pb'd a few times on vacation (only when i was with my famly LOL) but now i have been home for a week, had my only pb yesterday AM on TEA of all things.

i went a month this tight and i cant do it. every AM my first drink HURTS, once i am 'open' if i quit drinking for more than 30 minutes i have to start all over again because i close up. i have done super well with food choice. a (wannabe) protien shake (slimfast optima) for Breakfast and another for lunch with a sensible dinner but i cant do this long term. 1 month has been PLENTY!

i am calling first thing in the AM to schedule a .1 or .2 cc unfill. i would rather lose eating solids than be so tight that a slimfast keeps me full for hours! the weight loss has been INCREDIBLE...i have lost 15 pounds in 1 month...but i am not willing to be *this* tight longterm- and besides i *know* from experience its on a matter of time before i turn to the *junk* that i KNOW will slide on through.

at least with this unfill they wont be taking it all because i am not at the point where nothing goes down. WISH ME LUCK!!!! i want to lose another 10 by the wedding....6 WEEKS AWAY!!!!!!

thanks to all who answered my survey. it really helps me to see where everyone else is with restriction.

oh...MAJOR NSV on vacation....my brother wanted to take me bike riding, he was gonna show me some trails that would REALLY kick my butt...i started out saying 'i havent rode in years, not sure i will even be GOING with you but i'll do my best!'..... i rode 10 miles!!!!! and was exhausted but IMPRESSED the heck out of my 'physically fit' brother! i cant believe i was able to ride that far AND KEEP UP.

soooooooo the TREK bike i bought at a yardsale for $30 is in the shop getting a tune-up. i had so much fun and i have found a new exercise i LOVE! wait did i just say that?

Oh man, best of luck to you! This is exactly what Im afraid will happen to me on my visit to FL the next 2 weeks I just got a fill last week.

aaaaaack!!!! well i hope it doesnt tighten up that bad. i was very careful in that i wouldnt even TRY to eat till dinner time because i could *tell* i was so tight.

my original band dr is in TN thats the ONLY reason i did not get an unfill before i left. i called to make sure they would still see me if i needed and emergency unfill. since they would i waited it out. if there isnt a band dr somewhere in the area and you do start to get tighter before you leave then you might consider an unfill before you go.

once i had to get an emergency unfill in the ER (no band dr's around) those dumbasses put gloves on me and i assisted in the unfill. i was so tight that i didnt care i just wanted relief! NEVER AGAIN will i trust my band to IDOITS. they could have easily punctured the tubing!

Sounds like you're still doing wonderful Shelly!! Hope you get the restriction worked out! It's really tough being away from your original docs.

Good luck, you're right, you cant live like this long term. But what a great month for you, and that's weight you wont regain so at least you have achieved that, but after an entire month you must be going crazy.

thanks leatha, luckily the dr i have now in the area, i am very confident in and comfortable with. he def. thinks tighter is better but appreciates the slow approach i have taken with my refills. (his pocket probably REALLY appreciates it!) its nice knowing i have a band dr on each side of the country now! over all i AM doing WONDERFULLY! i cant wait to post my wedding pics!

jacqui! i can only hope its weight i wont regain! i know better than to think its not possible! i definitally know i cant lose anymore being this tight. i am already slipping into eating a little *junk* to open me up so i can eat a piece of protien. i am not comfortable with this much restriction as i feel i am only a few PB's or a couple cans of Soup away from a forced unfill.

Shelly,

No Las Palmas for you until you get your restriction straightened out :)

Seriously, I hope you are able to get an unfil so that things can get back to normal. Being too tight is NO fun, as you know and it's not healthy. Please take care and good luck with all of the wedding stuff in the next few weeks :)

Tricia

LOL! you KNOW i hit Las Palmas when i was in TN!!!! unfortunately all i could have was a side of Beans and an order of queso. it'll have to do till fall when i go back!

blech...i have to wait till next tuesday! luckily i think i can make it! as long as i dont get any tighter i should be fine. uncomfortable but fine!