Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How are my March Bandsters!!

Hi VegasWildFlower,

I'm on a hunger binge that has lasted about 4 days now. I think it may be connected to my period starting but don't really know yet as my period hasn't resumed a normal pattern since birthing my baby 5 months ago. I've been eating like crazy and even when I am full, can't stop thinking about food! Craving food! Overall, I've lost 20 pounds (may have gained one or two back this week but don't want to look) and have 20 or 30 more to go. I'm STILL learning how to work with my band. I am so glad that I have it though and get nervous when I don't feel restriction when I eat. All in all, Life is GREAT!!!

wow congrads on your new baby, I know head hunger can make you so miserable.. and with hormones Well you must be doing somthing right. I know I have tried to eat every thing tht week befor my period. I even made a pie last month, I only had one peice, but thats not the point.. Its good to hear from you..

I'm doing GREAT! So well the doc wouldn't give me another fill this month.

I've reached my first goal of 50 lbs. Now I'm working on my 75 lbs down before I go home to see family in Indiana. I probably won't make it, but I'll still be cool with that.

I've pb'd too many times to count. I've been a slow learner on technique.

Everyone has noticed I've lost 58 lbs. All my friends and family know I had WLS and are very supportive.

As far as exercise goes...could someone kick me in the butt and get me started. The treadmill has been moved to the livingroom and I still ignore it...tomorrow hasnt come yet.

Yeah March 2006 bandsters....what a bunch of losers!!!!

Hi Everyone,

Somedays this 3mths seems to have flown by and others I feel I've had my band forever! I'm down 55lbs and am stuck there right now. I have been up and down like a yo-yo for the last three weeks. Hopefully now things will have settled down a little.

I'm walking each day on my new treadmill and building up my time and speed as I go along. Still nothing earth shattering but a huge improvement for me!

I have pb'd once and it was my fault for eating something too fast and not chewing enough...apart from that I'm doing well with food. I've had 2 fills and can still eat most things as long as I'm careful.

The most disappointing thing for me is that even now, not one person has noticed or commented on my weightloss (those who don't know about what I did). I am waiting for the moment someone says something about it and wonder when it's going to come!

So all in all, 3mths out life is good and I'm setting out to enjoy a lovely Greek summer.:nervous

My 3 month goal (which for me is on Thurs) was to be down 25lbs (not including my preop diet) I'm at 19.4 right now. Think I can lose 5.6 lbs in 2 days? Nah... I'm ok with that. I had a bad stall for a few weeks, and had that not happened, I would have made my goal. My 6 month goal to lose this last 5.6 lbs, and then 25 more.

I'm not doing all that well with the exercise.... I'll leave it at that. :phanvan

People 'say' they've noticed, but of course these are the ones who know I got it done. No one who doesn't know has said anything. I don't blame them. I don't really see it either.

No pb's... thankfully.

;) Mandi

:) Raven - chocolate Peanut Butter pie...

:clap2: Vlb ( I know you have a real name) Your doing awesome and have such a great attitude , how do you keep your sprits so High?<O:p></O:p>

I love to exercise , not really but I like to be active, so I walk to my friends home instead of drive, about 2 miles I take the stairs at work 3 flight 4 to 6 times a day, I going a swimming class at the Gym on Sundays, and I try to work out at the gym with 1/2 hour of cardio and 1/2 hour of weight training.. I try to always look for fun ways I can Add activity in my life, that treadmill in the corner, its no fun..<O:p></O:p>

<O:p></O:p>

;) Allison - it does seem like time has flown by and yet, I feel like I’ve had this band forever.. 55 Pounds That’s awesome, <O:p></O:p>

I know what you mean about eating to fast, I’m struggling with that now, I got a small tea set of spoons and forks that helps me allot at home. but when I’m out I have to be really careful, I see other people finishing way before me and I think I’m holding them up.. <O:p></O:p>

I know it can be disappointing; I have had a couple of people notice that I’ve lost weight.. Take stride though most people are afraid to say anything for fear that you might be offended that they thought you were fat in the first place... most of my office people say wow you look great, new out fit? Look out for these suttle compliments, they noticed. <O:p></O:p>

:) Mandi - I’m a little short of my goal to, but I subscribe to the reach for the stars theory ... You and I were pretty close in the numbers and I’ve lost 31 lbs, your doing great and No PB's You must be doing something right.. Good work... <O:p></O:p>

Vegas, you and I have the EXACT same start weight! Did you do a pre-op diet, and/or is your start weight (284) your highest before surgery, or after your pre-op diet? Mine is from before my pre-op diet.... I need as much help as I can get!

What's your 'ultimate' goal? I *say* 140, because then I'd technically be able to say I lost half of myself, but I really don't know. I could be perfectly happy at 175 .. who knows. I've never been that size (as an adult), so I'm not sure how it would look on me. I'm not sure how ANY significant weight loss would look on me, but I can't wait to find out!

Mandi

Mandi, I did not do any preop diet, That was the weight I was went I got on the OR Table.

I the thinnest I remember being as an adult is 180. so I know what you mean about getting to 175. I would LOVE to be able to just shop in regular sizes so a14 or 16 would be great.

Im 5' 7" so Im thinking some where around 160 -180 I would be a happy camper, who knows I might get there and say, I can do 10 more !!

I know took a look at My Vurtual Model , There a link on LBT some where Just search, I used the one from Glamor.. This will give you a 360 Idea of what diffrent weight will look on you. try it its fun.. I printed my out and put it on the fridge, That way I can see myself changin.

Laters

In two days I'll hit my 3 month mark. I had a very hard time getting restriction but FINALLY felt it with my second fill just a week ago. My surgeon waits 8 weeks before giving a first fill and then a month for the second one.

I have not had any PB's but I have had that goldball feeling since the second fill if I don't chew my food really well. The restriction is helping me cut down on portion sizes but I've been doing fairly well all along by following the diet plan... down 37 pounds.

Exercise is hard as I need a knee replacement but I'm walking longer distances and have been much more active in the last few weeks. It seems like the March group is doing very well. Congratulations to you all.

HEY ALL MY MARCHIES.

its time to check in again, I want to hear from all of you.

here's the questions..

How is your weight loss?

How much of fills have you had?

Has any one noticed your shrinking?

Complications or issues your having?

Are you going to the gym or doing other acitivites?

Whats your greatest NSV?

Lets all share we are all in it together Right!!

Im at 35 Pounds.. wow I think about it and its amazing, the last time I lost 35 pounds was right after I got married. On Phen Phen, Im feeling great and cant wait to get on the scale every day!

Ive had 2 Fills, @ 1.5 in 4 cc band, Ive been there for almost 3 months, its perfect.. Doc said I coud go tighter but I dont want to as I hate to suffer.

Just in the last two weeks Ive has several people come to me in my office and my clients and say wow, your looking great.. how did you do it? It makes me feel great and I tell them just wait , im just getting started!

My dry cleaner noticed, but Im sure its because I went in and had 5 FIVE inches taken out of the waist of my suits!

I have had some issues, It seems Im eatting too much. I have gotten lazy and have stopped weighing my food. This has to stop.

the other thing is Im am eating to fast. to fix this, I started using a tea set of silverware, its just smaller and its worked wonderfully!

I am having a slime ball about once a week, from eatting to fast, its a horriable experince, its like that green goast from ghost busters. It not food just thick yucky slime and alot of it.

Im going to the gym 4 times a week, and swimming on Sundays.

Two greatest NSV, My panties are too big and falling off.. and I went to a consert, and could sit in the seat confortably. ( I kept getting up and down just to make sure!!)

O.K.....what's a NSV?

I had another little fill of 0.6cc this week and finally feel restriction again. I stalled out for almost 6 weeks (I did lose 2 pounds but jeeze!).

I'm allergic to sweating (a.k.a. excercise) unless it involves loud music and a dance floor. I do like to garden and nap. Does that count?

People have noticed the weight loss and since I am living a lie and only telling close family members (and all of you here on this group), I just tell them I'm on a low-carb diet and that I'm working very hard. Thank you for noticing!

As for issues, I sometimes miss goey buttered rolls. And PB & J sandwiches, toasted. Salads have been iffy. THe lettuce blocks the opening I guess. THe last few times I've eaten a salad, I've pucked it up. Yuck! I was mad too because it wasn't a cheap salad!

I figured out how to eat at my favorite buffet restaurants; get the to-go box usually sold by the pound. Fill it up, or not, and then sit down and eat with the family. Take the rest home for tomorrow, and the next day, and the next day......

Can any Marcher play, or are you looking for specifically March '06?

NSV stands for Non-scale Victory. They are the wonderful things that add depth and shading to our journey.

Hi all,

I'm 69lbs down and generally doing well with my band. I have had 2 fills but can still eat what I want as long as I am careful. I have to chew my food really well and take small bites or it's golf ball time!

Not one person has commented about my weightloss yet :phanvan and this gets me down but hey one of these days they will have to- right?

I'm still wearing the same clothes but they are finally getting looser.

I have a treadmill and walk 2 miles a day (if I possibly can) and I go swimming whenever I can. I like my new improving fitness very much and just want to keep on getting better and better.

My favourite Non scale Victory (NSV) is that after a year of not being able to...I can now wear my wedding band and engagement rings again with absolute comfort. They are even getting a little big now :biggrin1:

My losing pattern is weird. I tend to stay the same for one or two weeks and then all of a sudden I drop 8-9lbs and then I stick again. And that is where I'm at now!