Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My first "PB" - LOL! - vomit, really (a bit gross)

Well, after many episodes of sliming, I had my first vomiting experience with the band. I'm pleased to say it was the most pleasant vomiting experience I've ever had in my life (not that I will willingly do it again, but I was pleasantly surprised). I've been living in fear of the dreaded "PB". Vomiting, in the past, has been truly awful for me. I vomit so violently it comes up so quickly it comes out my nose. Several times I've popped blood vessels around my eyes and cheeks and on my neck from vomiting too hard.

This vomit was very mild, only once, like a quick "blurp" and then it was over. Nothing out of my nose, no awful taste left in my mouth, and I finally realized why -- it didn't involve any stomach acid!

I'm very happy to have had it happen; I'm no longer scared of it. Of course I don't want it to happen again and am working on chewing a lot better, but <phew> glad it's over.

Thanks for sharing that. I hven't PB's yet, and it sounded so awful. I good to know that it ain't necessarily so.:nervous

I'm getting my first fill on 5/25 and plan to do everything I can to remain a PB virgin. Still, it's good to hear your experience was not too awful.

I've read it often enough to truly not be afraid of a PB whereas I'd do anything I possibly could to avoid vomiting, I hate that panic when the nausea hits and the cramps start and you know that you're going to vomit in a minute. I usually whimper and cry like a baby. I hate it even worse when you dont know what end its going to come out - I always choose the wrong one, roflmao!!

I truly wished I could just PB and get it over with last night, my little episode lasted about 40 minutes. I had the most violent hiccups but nup, nothing. What got me was that it was fine going down, it was only 15 minutes later when it obviously started going through the hole that I began to get uncomfortable. That worries me - if you dont get a warning as you're eating, what on earth could happen in public?

So I guess I"m still a PB virgin but like any other kind of virgin, I guess I've done everything but the final deed, lol.

Yeah after my 1st PB..I was like.. Is that it? :confused:

Not hardly as bad as I thought it would be.

Don't want to have anymore. THe worst part is that they ususally interupt my meal right from the beginning. Then I can't eat anymore. Makes me mad more than anything :party:

I'm with you Elisabeth; I will do everything in my power to be a PB virgin!

The worst part for me is the golfball, sliming, and all that w-a-i-t-i-n-g for it to happen. The PB is more of a relief for me than anything.

I had to laugh a little when I read your post and it said it was a pleasant vomiting experience. :biggrin1:

I have not pb'd, but I have had the golf ball and sliming, and that was awful. I figured I haven't been filled yet, so I thought bread would go down fine for me. Boy, was I wrong, it was the most painful experience I ever went through. At one point I thought I was going to pass out. I looked at my hubby and told him to take me to the ER and get this thing out of me. Fortunately, he didn't and I still have my band, lol. But, I have sworn off bread forever, the resulting consequences are just not worth it.

I hate vomiting. I've only done it twice in 20+ years. PBs aren't quite on my "Things I Enjoy" list, but I can deal with them. Worst part about the PB is the pain before it's over. Last time I PBed I actually found myself HOPING I could hurry up and "chuck" the stuck, because that makes the pain stop.

It's true. The vomit is, in the long run, easier than the sliming and waiting for it. But I'm still a vomit-wimp and I'd rather slime and not have to vomit at all. Better yet, I'd rather avoid the whole thing entirely and not slime OR vomit!