Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I went to my pre-op meeting with the dietician last week. Group setting; maybe eight people there. Had one, well, less than dedicated one. She actually asked two astounding questions: Does this operation mean I can't eat my fried chicken any more? And, why isn't Mountain Dew a clear liquid? I about coughed up a lung trying not to laugh. I guess it takes all kinds...

LOL!!! I think that there a lot of people out there looking at any WLS as being the easy option, the quick fix etc.without the necessity of making some lifestyle changes as well! If we could wave a magic wand it would be easier for all of us.

Helenxxx

I HOPE someone set her straight that this was only a TOOL and that she still had a lot of WORK before her ... it takes all kinds ... and she'll be one of the ones that complains that the sleeve doesn't work for her.

HA! I had a similar situation in my pre-op class, but not quite as severe. I just can't imagine going into something like and not being as prepared as possible, you know?

that being said, I had a dream I ate fried chicken last night. It was like I forgot about the sleeve and just tore in! Thank goodness it was just a dream!

I never even liked friend chicken. I haven't eaten the skin from a piece of chicken in years. Even if Mountain Dew was a clear, it's still carbonated. Geepers, some people you have to wonder why they are even considering wls.

I never even liked friend chicken. I haven't eaten the skin from a piece of chicken in years. Even if Mountain Dew was a clear, it's still carbonated. Geepers, some people you have to wonder why they are even considering wls.

Because they think it's the magic answer to their issues.

I haven't had fried chicken in ions either

What??!! You mean I am not supposed to be eating fried chicken and drinking mountain dew?? Next your going to tell me I need to stop having these one pound bags of m&m's for lunch. Sheesh! :001_smile:

What??!! You mean I am not supposed to be eating fried chicken and drinking mountain dew?? Next your going to tell me I need to stop having these one pound bags of m&m's for lunch. Sheesh! :001_smile:

Well as long as they're dark chocolate you should be okay - dark chocolate is good for you - haven't you heard?:(

I will admit I like my diet mountain dew- trying to wean myself from drinking it to a noncarbonated choice. I big problem will be decaff coffee -- I love my coffee in the morning!!!

You may be surprised, attitudefree. I have heard several people say they didn't like the taste of coffee anymore after getting the sleeve. Our tastes change a lot. My tummy can't stand anything carbonated, it really upsets it.

Its funny but when I was on the clear liquid stage, I kept having dreams about eating solid foods and forgetting I had the surgery too. I dont remember if any of it was fried chicken but I definitely dreamed of food.< /p>

I eat fried chicken sometimes. I take the skin off because I've never liked it, but the fact that it was fried to begin with means the chicken is moister and goes down better.

I don't think having WLS means you can ever eat certain foods ever again. It's all about moderation and making informed choices and that means sometimes you choose to eat something high in calories, knowing it means you can't eat something else later or you have to work out more the next day.

I am happy to report I successfully ate beef for lunch today. My friend is Korean and makes the best food.< /strong>