Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

ID bracelets

Something else to consider, check out Penni60 jewlery site for bracelets. I already had a Medical tag (oblong) and she made a perfect Bracelet to attach it to. Now I have a basic silver one for everyday wear and a lovely beaded one for special occasions. I had my daughter, husband and my birthstones for the beads. She was not only reasonable but the piece is beautiful and has really recieved loads of compliments and it arrived in just a few short days. I know I would rather support an LBT member than a stranger and it is great quality and a great price. ~Mandy

Mine says

Adjustable Gastric Band

No NG Tube without Scope

See Wallet Card

Obviously, if there were a real emergency, they probably wouldn't bother with the card, but I put it on there in case someone was looking for more information. I've always had my card in my wallet, but got a Bracelet after an EMT posted on here that usually they wont bother to look through your wallet for a card, and it's highly likely your wallet wont even make it with you into the ER unless it was in your pocket. I also just have a plain stainless steal bracelet. The only time I've taken it off, was for my sisters wedding, and I was surrounded by people who knew about my band.

I go into shock and my airway swells shut. I am a very picky eater and didn't try them until I was a teenager. I had a fairly mild reaction the first time but the second time I almost died. I had an allergy panel done and it was positive with mushrooms. ~Mandy

I need more info on why some wear a Bracelet. I have asked this question twice, once during pre-op class and another via e-mail to my surgeon. :rolleyes: I got a "no" both times. What is it about the "No NG tube without scope"? My surgeon also works ER trauma, so I'm sure he has a clear understanding of this. I think a lot of banded people do wear the bracelets. Can anyone specifically describe why it would be essential in the event of an accident/emergency? I love details. :biggrin1: Thanks in advance!!

My understanding of any medical bracelets is that they are a means of communication to medical personal in situations when we cannot.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>

It could be car accident or bee sting, or some allergy, which makes people unconscious.<o:p></o:p>

Also, there are many immigrants here in US. They not necessary can remember exactly medical terms.<o:p></o:p>

<o:p></o:p>

It is a good idea to engrave basic information that medics will NOT use treatment, which may worsen your condition.<o:p></o:p>

We bought our medical id with Velcro wristband from idtagsonline.com<o:p></o:p>

Medical ID Bracelets, Medical ID tags, Medical ID Jewelry, Free engraving and shipping.

does anyone know if instead of a Bracelet, i could get like a dog tag. i would prefer something like a necklace that is hidden from the general public, but there for emergency personnel. and where i could get something like that.

I have the "dog tag" style that no one sees unless my shirt is off..LOL

I got mine from laurenshope.com reasonable and quick

mine says gastric lap band w/ abdominal mediport no ng tube for info contact (surgeons name) and (phone number)