Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Am I losing too fast?

I am at my marriage weight (179)..that means 7 pounds since my surgery on the 10th!?!?

Am I not eating enough?

I finally got some sf popsicles yesterday.

Been doing mostly K2O Protein Water all day and broth for meals..albeit 1/8 cup of broth....

I lost about 8 lbs in just the first few days after surgery. But I did have A LOT of Fluid on my legs (have had fluid on legs for years, but not anymore!) The weight loss is definitely slowing down now.

I al at almost 32 pounds gone..... my dr here had me start mushies sooner to see if that slowed me down a little ....he was a little concerned, but I am not....... I know that my body will get used to is and that I am getting in enough Protein and such (and checking baby for his weight to make sure he is not dropping) so I was told I was a little more than they would like......

but not unheard of. So do not worry just yet.....and glad you are still alive!

I'm glad to be alive, too!

I just don't want to lose muscle. I found a Water at the store yesterday that has 40 grams of Protein. I haven't tasted it yet..I hope it isn't gross! LOL

It is not unusual to lose a lot of weight in the first month, but then it tends to slow down and level out a bit after you move to full solids. I lost 32 pounds the first month, but now average between 1-3 pounds per week.

I was prepared to see an increase in my weight after surgery, but I lost so much Fluid from my legs/feet that I showed a loss almost immeditately. But you have to understand that I had major swelling issues going on. Now the fluid on my legs is gone! I can see my ankle bone & leg bone for the first time in about 8 years! :thumbup1:

Sometimes people gain some weight after surgery due to IV fluids but it doesnt last. When I had my emergency surgery to have the band removed last March, I gain almost 18 lbs andja phenomenon called 3rd spacing was blowing me up like a dead fish. I wasnt eating or drinking that whole week It went away in about 10 days after I was discharged. It has alot to o with the type of IV fluids they used.

How soon after surgery did the scale drop? Mine has gone up since surgery.

Yeah..I was 186 on the day of surgery and still at 186 when I left the hospital. I didn't start losing until after leaving the hospital.

I'm pretty sure it will slow down when I start on full liquids.

I just don't want to lose muscle, so I walk for at least 30 mins (slowly) a day....:thumbup1:

I lost 8 lbs while in the hospital. I've lost another 7 in the last week. I'm getting all my Protein in and it's actually gotten kinda easy to score 60 grams a day. (That sounded like a drug reference! It's not!)

I use powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury plain Protein and mix it with ice and Water.

I lost 8 lbs while in the hospital. I've lost another 7 in the last week. I'm getting all my Protein in and it's actually gotten kinda easy to score 60 grams a day. (That sounded like a drug reference! It's not!)

I use powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury plain Protein and mix it with ice and Water.

I found this cytomax drink at the store. I tastes pretty good and has 40 grams of protein. I still haven't finished it. I can't eat any more than that w/o feeling sick and I'm scared of leaks.

Monday I start full liquids.

I gained 10 lb. in the hospital and it took me a WEEK to get them off. But after that, things picked up.