Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Fill Docs in Montana/Canada/ID/WA??

Im scheduled to have the Lap Band done in Mexico at the end of July. Im now trying to find follow up care and Fill doctors here. I live in Kalispell Montana (NW corner of this huge/rural state). I would like to find a doc here or can travel to Idaho, Washington or Canada. If anyone has any advice on how to find one or knows of one I would greatly appreciate any info.

Thanks

D

Hello,

I live by Kalispell too. I think you emailed me once. There is a fill Dr. in Great Falls named Dr. Rohrer he does not as of right now use fluoro. A fill Dr. in Eagle, Id by the Oregon border. And one in Olympia, WA. There are closer dr's but they won't take patients from Mexico. I wrote to Dr. Rohrer and asked if he would use fluoro. I'm waiting to hear from him. If he chooses not I will be going to Olympia. Keep in touch. It's nice to hear from someone local.

Sharon

Can you relay the Doc's name in Olympia for the fills and aftercare? I too am considering a Mexico surgery but am concerned about getting the help I need back home. Thanks

It is so important to have aftercare arranged before your surgery. I found in MT only 1 Dr. that will take patients from MX. In Olympia the Dr.'s name is Dr. William Neal and he does fills under fluoro which is great. His phone # is 360-412-3120. If I hadn't found a Dr. in MT I was going to go to Dr. Neal. Best wishes. Sharon

Well welcome to a new world montana, I live in Boise and my Docs name is Cahan, here in Boise. He has another Doc that he partners with and his name is Anderson. Both have done a great number of the bands and I greatly respect my Doc, I have followed his system and todate 90 days out I have lost 76lbs and counting. If you want his number send me a mssg to boiseman2001@yahoo.com.

Again Welcome

actually, there is a band dr. here in Montana, we are growing in soo many ways paved roads, phones, electricity and yes a lap band dr. he did my band a year ago May and he is great very personal. His main practice is in Great Falls he does travel to Lewistown 2 days per week. about 7 hrs or so from Kalispell or Big scare airlines might travel- anyway heres his info. Dr. Steven Hennessey Great Falls Clinic 406-7713400 1-800-421-1649 he will do mexican dr fills as far as I know.

good luck

Well welcome to a new world montana, I live in Boise and my Docs name is Cahan, here in Boise. He has another Doc that he partners with and his name is Anderson. Both have done a great number of the bands and I greatly respect my Doc, I have followed his system and todate 90 days out I have lost 76lbs and counting. If you want his number send me a mssg to boiseman2001@yahoo.com.

Again Welcome

Dr. Cahn and Dr. Anderson do not do fills for ANYONE else but their own patients.

I checked with Dr. Hennessey's office and they don't fill patients from Mexico. Too bad more options would have been nice. Sharon

Dr. Fox and Dr. Neal both do fills for MX bandsters. I get my fills in Olympia with Dr. Neal, they are $350 with fluoro. Dr. Fox does not yet have fluoroscopy and charges $402 for first-timers and $250 (Maybe it was $225) for subsequent fills.

Hope this helps a little, still WOW-ing that you are having to consider such a journey...

I have also gone to Dr Neils staff in Olympia for 2 fills and liked them alot. I can not fill my port so floro is the only way to get to it right now. I was filled 2cc a week ago thursday it cost 350. and by Monday I knew it wasent enough so they saw me again this thursday for 150 dollars. I am now filled at 2.5.5 the use of floro is nice becuse they can be more aggesive at 3cc the stoma was completly closed so the backed it down until the Fluid trickled thru. Ive read some folks can feel the prossess but Im not one of them unless the Fluid is ice cold. If you have a good feel for the port theres a fill center in Arlington Washington for 150 bucks called the weight managment center really nice folks (no floro) If your intersested I can dig up the number for you. Good Luck

Vickie Stevens

may 12, 06

260/235/135

Hello Montanans, I have been researching AGB doctors here in Montana and have not gotten very far. I live in Bozeman, not very close to any bariatric docs (but we do have good bone guys :confused:. I have heard of Dr. Rohrer but he hasn't done a lot of bands. Research says the more bands done the fewer the complications so I am hesitant about him. Didn't know about Dr. Hennessey, thanks spldgrl for the info on him.

Good luck, ttbseffy, on your up coming surgery. I will be thinking about you. Let us know how you are doing.

Regards,

T

Just spoke with Mary, Dr. hennesseys nurse. "because of his malpractice insurance, they are no longer allowing him to fill mx bands" As far as surgeon and placing the band, I am very happy with my results. start to finish. He is very personal yet very adimit that the band is a tool and if you want a "free ride" this is not the ticket. He keeps on my ass, if I miss too many months of checking in Mary calls or emails to see where I am at and to check in. check in is a weigh in and thats it no $$$ no big deal just to keep me honest with the scale.

As far as experience, I was Dr. Hennesseys first lap band patient. selfish on my part, I wanted the Inamed referrred Dr. there to make sure things went right. I have had no problems! none. my scars are great he even lined the port scare (largest one) up with my gall bladder scare so it looks the same only cleaner. Had to check out my tummy to see if I could see the others, they are there about the size of my pointer finger long and a pencil line thick. so great in my opinion. I have referred 2 friends to him, and they are doing great not loosing as fast as theyd like but "its a tool"

If money is a problem and you arent prepare to pay for the possibles than you may no like him. He doesnt "wait for money" for example I was not loosing and all the experiences of errosion on the site I questioned the possibility that was a tuesday, monday of next week I was in for the down the throat test- I took that as he was cautions of my health and wanted an answer NOW better that when I had the cash- I am a cash pay too) Thank gosh for payments!

I could go on and on. He has had changes in his staff the last 6 months so things are getting more organized and familiar with the rules of malpractice insurance for this surgery. If you have any questions directly about him let me know there are a few of us here in Lewistown that have experience.

PS Mary says she heard a Dr. in Kalispell was doing mx band fills??? didnt know name of anything but is she hears will keep me posted.

If anyone hears of the Dr. in Kalispell that does the band fills please let me know. That is only a few miles from me. I have had no luck. Sharon

Ok so all my praise of the great Dr. Hennessey as kick me in the ass, called to schd a fill today and as of Monday yes, 3 days ago, he just left the clinic- gone no forward or patients no info NOTHING- what a jerk, went to his house, yeah, kinda bold but hey- all he "lifetime" lecture crap, he could have given me the info he was leaving so I would know where to go. The great falls clinic is referring to a Dr. Lucas or Roher- so I will contact them luckily the original nurse that did my office visits now works for Lucas so she will call tomarrow with the scoop and what to do.

So question- I live in a very small town, and know Dr. H's wife and family and where he lives, is it way too bold to just show up, knock at the door and say "what the hell...." or just wait for the clinic to get things straight? there are no docs who have been doing the fills so it will be starting all over with a new needle poker- damn dont want to be a ginnie bpig again. - anyway had to vent, sorry MT patients he is a good doc just looking out for #1 and our expense. this is a small town he maybe did 30-40 lap bands he could have sent letters or calls- his nurse didnt even know what the deal was. - UGH

That's very strange. Maybe he had an emergency?? Make sure you get copies of your band files. I know Dr. Rohrer needs proof of Inamed band to do fills. We had a Dr. up in Kalispell who just left with records and files. Many people couldn't get their kids in school because he had the shot records. It took up to a year to get them. If you know him personaly I would call him. I'd keep checking with the office though. Good luck.

Sharon