Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Surgery this Friday (PV, Mex) Tell me what to take!

I love the sugar free popsicles, they really helped me through the liquid stages. You really feel like you are getting a treat with them.

I agree with you -- I have found that I really really like the tropical punch crystal lite popsicles - they have a GREAT flavor. Albertson's had them on sale (may still be) for $1.99 box - they're not even that cheap at Wal-Mart ($2.38)

The tropical punch flavored ones are amazing!! They were my favorite as well.

PLEASE:

:blushing:Tell me what you think I need to take with me to the hotel and to the hospital.

:blush:Tell me what to expect when I wake up (please don't feel that you have to candy-coat).

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! I HAD MY SURGERY IN QUITO ECUADOR ON MAY 26 AND I AM SO HAPPY, IT IS A NEW LIFE, DO NOT BE AFRAID, GOD AND ANGELS ARE WITH YOU, I WILL KEEP YOU IN MY PRAYERS ON FRIDAY, YOU WILL NEED TO BE WITH SOMEONE TO SUPPORT YOU, IT NOTHING COMPLICATED. PLEASE DO NOT TALK THE DAY AFETER THE SURGERY IT WILL HELP YOU, I WORTE EVERYTHING SO I DID NOT TALK DO NOT HAVE GASES IN MY STOMACH. I LEFT HOSPITAL NEXT DAY AND I WENT HOME WALKING, I COULD WALK, EVERYTHING WAS PERFECT, NOW I AM BACK IN MARYLAND USA WHERE I LIVE. GOOD LUCK!!!:001_tongue:

LOLITA ZAMBRANO

My most important item that I took was my heating pad. I had so much gas and back pain, that my heating pad became my best friend.

Also, be sure to take some entertainment - book, mp3 player, etc..... it gets kinda boring while u are resting.

comfy clothes - loose fitting shirts, pants/sweats, slippers/socks

I guess it depends on ur doctor, but I had to take my own bandages to change while in the hotel.

I took some of those singles packets of crystal light to put in my bottled Water. I also took a couple of bullets with me, but I never bothered with them. The only thing I really wanted was Water.< /p>

I felt really crappy after surgery and for the entire week I was in PV, Mexico. But my health was really poor anyway.

Oh, take plenty of cash, preferably $1 bills. You will need it for cab fare, tips, etc..

Good luck.

That is not the case if you go to Dr. Aceves. You really don't need much cash at all. You're in the hospital for 3 days and don't need a dime. The only thing I spent cash on was to buy a phone card since my cell would not work. It was $3

You do want to take some cash if you are planning to stock up on the nexium mups though, as it is much cheaper in Mexico.

You do want to take some cash if you are planning to stock up on the nexium mups though, as it is much cheaper in Mexico.

They will accept charge cards and debit cards too. We were not changed an extra 3% for using our charge card. I was charged .12 by my bank for a $12 purchase with my debit card however.