Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My First Post... Looking forward to surgery....

Dear Steve

Thanks for the reply. Congrats on the baby. That's a great reason to want to be around.

Yes, my health problems are related to my weight. I spend most of my time in a wheelchair, because both kness need replacing badly. My therapist and orthopedic surgeon both recommended lap band before knee surgery. I have to stop smoking to have the lap band surgery and that's my very worst addiction. I don't want to spend the rest of my life in a wheelchair and in agony, so it looks like I'm going to have to find a way to stop smoking this time. Nothing so far has worked, but hopefully this time the reason I need to stop will be strong enough.

You are in my thoughts and prayers, especially on the 5th. Thanks again for the encouragement. Kay from Houston

Dear Steve,

Wow! Does that sound exciting! I've never heard of such a technique, and yes, I'd love to have a link to find out more about it. I thought I had tried about everything. Anxiously awaiting your reply. Thank you, thank you.

Kay

Hi Kay,

The only clinic in your area is in Dallas. There is one coming to Houston in the near future. I wish I could be more helpful. Check out the web site and see what you think... It would be worth the drive..... Drop me a line.... Good luck, Steve

http://www.stopsmokingdfw.com/

Hi Steve,

Thanks so much for the web site. I read it immediately and called to listen to the recording. I was so excited! I had to wait til this am to call tho,because of the holiday weekend. unfortunately, because I take psychotropic drugs, I dont qualify. I was concerned about that, but I was hoping. I'm considering talking to my psychiatrist to see if I could get off them temporarily. I doubt that because some of them I take are for REM sleep disorder and if I don't take them I may go back to walking in my sleep acting out my dreams and hurting myself. Can't do that, almost killed myself more than once. Oh well, thanks again for the thought. I'll just keep looking and trying.

Bet you are getting really excited as your date gets closer. Kay

Hi Kay,

The only clinic in your area is in Dallas. There is one coming to Houston in the near future. I wish I could be more helpful. Check out the web site and see what you think... It would be worth the drive..... Drop me a line.... Good luck, Steve

http://www.stopsmokingdfw.com/

Hi Steve.

Hope you surgery went well. I'm anxious to hear all about it.

I saw the surgeon on the 6th also, and they think I'll qualify for Medicare! Hooray! That's the only way I can do it.No way could I manage self pay. So I'm busy with calling Drs. making appts., and all the rest of that necessary stuff. I feel lousy, in a lot of pain, and exhausted, but my spirits are up, thinking maybe feeling this way is temporary. I started Zyban yesterday and plan to see an acupuncturist in 2 weeks. I'm praying this will help me stop smoking. The clinic you told me about wouldn't accept me, too many psychotropic drugs, darn.Good luck with yout recovery! I hop to hear you are doing great. Kay