Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I can eat about 2 - 2 1/2 ounces of cottage cheese at a time. Still working on that. yogurt goes down easier.

Soft foods ALWAYS go down faster and easier. That is how one eats around their surgery type. Go for it, eat around your surgery type during the healing phase. After you are done healing THEN you do the WLS way, solid Proteins first.

For now, go for it. Eat around your sleeve. It's all good during healing.

I can eat about 2 - 2 1/2 ounces of cottage cheese at a time. Still working on that. yogurt goes down easier.

I have to buy some yogurt - I haven't had any since my surgery.

I just figured out today that I am going to add my unflavored Protein Powder to yogurt. Yogurt doesn't have much Protein in it. I eat it for the Calcium, but I can make it have more protein.

i have a strawberry flavoured Protein that i didnt think was that great so i mixed it in with a rasberry Jello it made it the consistancy of pudding but it was one way that the protein powder was tolerable so if worst comes to worst ill do that. I have tried nectar fuzzy navel not 100 pc great but better than some of the thicker flavours but i found it needed to be watered down more than they said. im still struggling pre op to find the protein i like.

i have a strawberry flavoured Protein that i didnt think was that great so i mixed it in with a rasberry Jello it made it the consistancy of pudding but it was one way that the Protein powder was tolerable so if worst comes to worst ill do that. I have tried nectar fuzzy navel not 100 pc great but better than some of the thicker flavours but i found it needed to be watered down more than they said. im still struggling pre op to find the Protein i like.

and there's no guarantee what you like pre-op you will like post-op. My tastes changed substantially.

Tiffykins says the carribbean cooler is very very good and goes down very smooth -- gave it a 5 out of 5 stars. Might want to try that. I ordered a variety pack from Vitalady.com and hope to get it this week so I can finally find something that will help me get in my Proteins on a daily basis.

When mixing your protein powder with SF pudding mix - how much milk do you use?

For crunchy things, I love apples with Peanut Butter on them. It's something I discovered a few months ago, but I haven't had any apples since being sleeved.

You're on solids now right? So you could have PB and apples? That sounds heavenly right now -- something crunchy and something smooth ... I love PB and the apples would probably be easier to digest than celery - although more carbs.

Greek yogurt has more Protein that regular and I think it tastes better than adding protein powder to regular. Also, a lot of the regular yogurts have a lot of sugar.

I have a lot of trouble finding Greek yogurt.

When I made the pudding (this was a long time ago) I used Atkins RTD choc. and put the sf Jello and mixed it all together with my magic bullet. It was great but a lot of calories so I had to put it in little single serving size cups.

Edited by Oregondaisy

Greek yogurt has more Protein that regular and I think it tastes better than adding Protein powder to regular. Also, a lot of the regular yogurts have a lot of sugar.

Now greek yogurt I have seen ... does it have a good flavor or does it need something added to it?

I don't think it has much flavor. You can add a few drops of honey to get it down. I bought some pureed baby food fruit and added a little to each serving too. I also have some low sugar cherry and raspberry preserves. I added a teaspoon to it this morning and it was delicious. I'm hardly eating any carbs so I had a few to spare. It did go down easy.

I'm doing the grazing thing right now. As soon as I think I can get some more Protein in I do it.

I don't think it has much flavor. You can add a few drops of honey to get it down. I bought some pureed baby food fruit and added a little to each serving too. I also have some low sugar cherry and raspberry preserves. I added a teaspoon to it this morning and it was delicious. I'm hardly eating any carbs so I had a few to spare. It did go down easy.

I'm doing the grazing thing right now. As soon as I think I can get some more Protein in I do it.

Great ideas - thanks. I'll look for some when I'm out next.

I have a lot of trouble finding Greek yogurt.

When I made the pudding (this was a long time ago) I used Atkins RTD choc. and put the sf Jello and mixed it all together with my magic bullet. It was great but a lot of calories so I had to put it in little single serving size cups.

If you have trouble finding it make your own out of plain yogurt drained through a coffee filter or cheese cloth..

if you strain it for like 24 hours a lot of the carbs are drained away

.I buy Torani sf flavours and use those to sweeten then eat or take half a cup of ice a couple of teaspoons of drained yogurt and add some rasberry torani flavoured Syrup (or davanci) and blend it up in my magic bullet and make a yummy slushi for fluids.

I think greek yogurt tastes a bit like sour cream. So I always put in some sweetener.