Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Wow an NSV--Been awhile!

I just had to post this.

I've been struggling the last couple of months. Seems I've been gaining & losing the same 6-10 pounds.

Through this all, I've been going to the gym several times a week.

1. 2 weeks ago I ran into an intern who was returning to work after being away from our company since last (late) July. I was headed out of our office building and he was heading in. I said Hey--glad to see you're back, what's going on! He had a funny look on his face but he was unfailingly polite when we spoke. Cut to last night.

He and I and a couple of others went out last night to have a couple of beers (beer, I know). He said, you know, when I saw you a couple of weeks ago, I simply didn't recognize you.. You look alot different.

2. I was told by two different people yesterday that I looked "thin"

I told them it was because I had my shirt tucked in, was wearing a belt and had shoes with heels that made me around 6"tall.

3. Able to wear a size of 14 long jeans from American Eagle!

The thin part isn't so true, but OMG what a wonderful thing to hear.

Take that scale:)

I love your story. That's a total NSV related to the S. :) They wanted to probably tell you that you are soo sesssi! But maybe it would have been unprofessional.

That is a fabulous NSV, congrats!

That's great. It also makes you realise that hiding in big baggy clothes fools nobody doesnt it? The minute I started wearing stuff that was a little more fitted, people started raving about how thin I'd gotten. I really hadnt, it was just that they actually hadnt seen the shape of my body for quite a few years.

I realised this once when I saw a girlfriend wearing a kaftan, lol. She always wore really tight stretchy clothes and was quite a big girl, we used to cringe (and yep, have a little bitch) about how she should dress properly for her size and age, then one day she walked into dinner at a restaurant wearing a big flowy shirt. I was the first one there and I honestly didnt recognise her, she looked at least 30kg heavier. I ditched all my "fat" clothes then and there, never wore anything huge again.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BetterLeah

Woohoo! I have 7 more days till surgery, So far I am already down a total of 20lbs since I started this journey. 
      · 1 reply
      1. NeonRaven8919

Well done! I'm 9 days away from surgery! Keep us updated!

• Ladiva04

Hello,
      I had my surgery on the 25th of June of this year. Starting off at 117 kilos.😒
      · 1 reply
      1. NeonRaven8919

Congrats on the surgery!

• Sandra Austin Tx

I’m 6 days post op as of today. I had the gastric bypass 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • RacMag  »  bhogue925

Hi, I’m new here. I’m currently on the liver shrinking diet. So far so good, but I have to say I haven’t found a protein shake I like. Anyone have any suggestions please? My surgery date is September 17th. 
      · 2 replies
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife Core are by far the best. They taste just as they are - chocolate milk. You can either get the 26 grams or the 42 grams (harder to find and more expensive). For straight protein look at Bulksuppliments.com ..they have really good whey proteins and offer auto ship plus they test for purity. No taste or smell...

2. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife has strawberry, vanilla and of course chocolate. No more calories than other protein drinks. Stay away from Premiere, they're dealing with lawsuits due to not being honest about protein content.

• Doctor-Links

HGH For Sale
      hgh for sale at our online pharmacy

Human growth hormone (HGH) is a small protein which is made in part of the brain called the pituitary gland. It travels in your bloodstream all over your body to make your body grow.
      HGH is very important in the body. It is needed for children to grow normally. It helps make sure there is enough muscle and fat in the body. It keeps our bones healthy.
      Buy Rybelsus online, Rybelsus tablets
      You can order for wegovy at our online pharmacy
      Check for the prices of 0.25mg, 0.5mg and 1mg at our online pharmacy and buy ozempic.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches