Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kristopia and Java, I am with you too. Diet and exercise always works for me. I lost a lot of weight on Jenny Craig and Weight Watchers. Its the maintaining that I've never been able to do. I'm hoping the sleeve will be a tool to help me when the whole maintaining thing comes back into play 100lbs lighter from now :-).

Exactly! :biggrin0: I think, after talking to so many people and looking at the research, the word "tool" is a very important one. Those people who consider WLS just a tool to assist them in reaching their goals, along with healthy diet and exercise, stand to have more success in the long run than those who expect it to be the end all and be all without the diet and exercise. I can have this tool and still not lose weight - by drinking high calorie shakes that pass right through, or continuing in bad habits of eating pastries or candy, or drinking drinks that are high sugar.

VSG is a fabulous tool - and I can't wait to get it - but it is a TOOL that we combine with the things we already know, but struggle with doing because it can be discouraging. I'm SO looking forward to the help :)

Kristopia and Java, I am with you too. Diet and exercise always works for me. I lost a lot of weight on Jenny Craig and Weight Watchers. Its the maintaining that I've never been able to do. I'm hoping the sleeve will be a tool to help me when the whole maintaining thing comes back into play 100lbs lighter from now :-).

I lost a lot of weight on Jenny Craig too however was sicker than a dog the entire time I was on it and come to find out I was allergic to the preservatives in their food - so I said great, I can be thin and sick or fat and healthy. So no more Jenny Craig -- although I am a lifetime member ... woo hoo.

I've lost quite a bit of weight on Weight Watchers too ... however, I find too many ways of "justifying" my choices and end up gaining it back eventually.

I figure over the past 26 years I've probably lost and regained "myself" several times.

I know how to eat healthier now that I ever have and that is why I decided to go forward with the sleeve as a tool to help me get the weight off and keep it off. I have no visions of it being the "magic" answer to my weight coming off and know I have a lot of work in front of me.

Hey, I'm a lifetime member of Jenny Craig, too! Not that it did me a bit of good.

I hate the word "tool" though. It has other conotations for me. But I can't think of a better word. It really is a helper and doesn't do all the work so "tool" is accurate. But I just think "he's such a tool" when I here it! :confused1:

Hey, I'm a lifetime member of Jenny Craig, too! Not that it did me a bit of good.

I hate the word "tool" though. It has other conotations for me. But I can't think of a better word. It really is a helper and doesn't do all the work so "tool" is accurate. But I just think "he's such a tool" when I here it! :laugh0:

Okay then ... the synonym dictionary says:

synonyms

tool (n.)

aid, apparatus, appliance, cock, contrivance, creature, device, dick, gadget, implement, instrument, machine, pecker, peter, prick, puppet, putz, shaft, tools, utensil

tool (n.) (figurative)

instrument (figurative)

I think maybe aid or device? even instrument... definitely not any of the ones that start with a "p" ... :eek:

Should we put it up for a vote?

I vote for cock! (Just kidding.)

I vote for cock! (Just kidding.)

ROFLMAO ... you might get some funny looks if you say you've got a great cock for weight loss ... don't you think?:o

LOL - fun word, and one I like a lot - but yeah, might get me in trouble at work to say I'm "working my cock" instead of "working my tool"

**snicker**

I am going with aide. It's a great aide in helping with weight loss. I love never being hungry. I eat because I watch the clock and think oh it's time to eat. I am sure if I wanted to, I could go 24 hours and not eat anything.

I drink the Protein drinks because my hair fell out when my husband died, and it fell out when I had band surgery. Now I had surgery and a death in the family, so I am freaked that I am going to lose more hair when it's still not recovered from band surgery.

I am going with aide. It's a great aide in helping with weight loss. I love never being hungry. I eat because I watch the clock and think oh it's time to eat. I am sure if I wanted to, I could go 24 hours and not eat anything.

I drink the Protein drinks because my hair fell out when my husband died, and it fell out when I had band surgery. Now I had surgery and a death in the family, so I am freaked that I am going to lose more hair when it's still not recovered from band surgery.

WOW Denise you have been through a lot in your life ... I hope all the bad is behind you and nothing but great things in store for you.

Do you take any Vitamins?

oh yeah, I shove everything I can think of down my throat. Dr. Aceves recommended

zinc so I added that to all the other stuff. I take a mulit Vitamin, b complex, Biotin, chewable calcium citrate, ground flax seed, and a bunch of other supplement that I have to take for interstitial cystitis.

oh yeah, I shove everything I can think of down my throat. Dr. Aceves recommended

zinc so I added that to all the other stuff. I take a mulit Vitamin, b complex, Biotin, chewable calcium citrate, ground flax seed, and a bunch of other supplement that I have to take for interstitial cystitis.

Good lord, after taking all of that how do you have any room for anything else?

Before the surgery I was taking coq10, flaxseed, EsterC and magnesium (which I DEFINITELY do not need right now). I quit taking them all before surgery; however, I would like to get back on them eventually ... it's good to know that is possible.

I take Bariatric fusion Vitamins at present (chewables) - I haven't had my surgery yet, but I pre-ordered them back when I thought insurance would only pay for RNY. They're really good for incorporating everything in there, including zinc and Biotin, but I'm not a fan of the taste - taste like fruit flavored tums to me. Anyway, it calls for chewing 4 per day, but I'm only taking two, as I'm pre-op and I don't want to overload on Iron.

I do think it is incredibly important for those of us who have weight loss surgery, even VSG without the malabsorption, to get good Vitamins in.

But I might not get the Bariatric Fusion again - bleh! :)