Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

WHAT IS UP WITH THAT?

So I don't know if I should weigh once a week, take a knife and slash my wrists (only kidding on this), sit down and cry or what !?!

Anyone else have this problem post-op?

:shocked4: :cryin:

I "have" to weigh daily, however I only record & count my Monday wts. Is interesting to watch how my body is reacting to my "journey". I am at 2 months post surgery. My wt will stay the same for a couple days, drop 2 #'s, up 1/2 # etc and usually end up with a weekly loss of 2-3 #'s. My daily intake is calories 500-600, Protein 60-70 gm, fluids 70-80 oz.

Just mind boggling how the body reacts. I and all WLS winners just have to sit back "follow the rules" and be amased at what our body will do for us if we use our tool correctly. This is the best thing I have done for myself and I can't wait to see the end results....Guess I will have to wait tho. ha

Bottom line do whatever weighing schedule is "right" for you but realize you have to be patient and let your body catch up with this new way of living.

OH MY GOD, I know the answer to this.

The average person uses about 2lbs of Water while they sleep. Part of it is through constant evaportion from your skin and actually goes in to your matress and sheets. The other part is Water vapor lost while you breath in and out.

It is so wonderful to finally, know something. Well maybe?

That's very interesting Steve - thanks for sharing ... now I will go to bed a little less stupid tonight ... and that's always a good thing!

I "have" to weigh daily, however I only record & count my Monday wts. Is interesting to watch how my body is reacting to my "journey". I am at 2 months post surgery. My wt will stay the same for a couple days, drop 2 #'s, up 1/2 # etc and usually end up with a weekly loss of 2-3 #'s. My daily intake is calories 500-600, Protein 60-70 gm, fluids 70-80 oz.

Just mind boggling how the body reacts. I and all WLS winners just have to sit back "follow the rules" and be amased at what our body will do for us if we use our tool correctly. This is the best thing I have done for myself and I can't wait to see the end results....Guess I will have to wait tho. ha

Bottom line do whatever weighing schedule is "right" for you but realize you have to be patient and let your body catch up with this new way of living.

I know on the carb addicts diet they tell you to weigh every day and chart it and then take the loss/gains at the end of the week and divide by 7 to get your average weight loss ... maybe I'll do that and then I won't have to listen to those voices in my head ...

Well today I actually felt real hunger for the first time since surgery -- does that mean my sleeve is healing?

I'm still having a very difficult time getting in all my protein; however, am not doing too bad on my fluids.

Last night I made low sodium Tomato Soup with the Hemp milk I got at Whole Foods. It was okay but sure didn't taste like the Tomato Soup I was hoping for. So tonight at Sam's I picked up some fat free milk and made another can ... and yuuummmmmy ... it tastes SO GOOD!

I know there's not much Protein there, but it was still good nonetheless.

I think that once I get to mushies, I'll do better with the Protein ... at least then I can have eggs and cheese ... RIGHT?

After eating the watermelon last night, I woke up starving. It must have been the carbs. It didn't stop me from having some more tonight. It is so refreshing.

After eating the watermelon last night, I woke up starving. It must have been the carbs. It didn't stop me from having some more tonight. It is so refreshing.

LOL ... I love watermelon ... I used a potato masher to sort of get mine into small pieces ... I'm too full now and it's too late so I'll try and remember to eat it tomorrow at lunch.< /strong>

I love Mythbusters!

I don't weigh any time after I get up because I figure any number after that is basically random as there are too many variables effecting it.

I lost 3 lb. or so from yesterday to today, btw. Of course, there is no way I really did. I figure I was losing all along in the past 3 week but the weight training was masking it with Water weight gains.

I wonder why everyone seems to crave Tomato Soup after surgery. You can add ricotta or cottage cheese to bump up the Protein if you blend it really well.

I wonder why everyone seems to crave Tomato Soup after surgery. You can add ricotta or cottage cheese to bump up the Protein if you blend it really well.

I wondered the same thing when I was ready all the posts before my surgery. I wouldn't say that I really crave it, it is more a matter of it tasting so good -- actual flavor you know.

I didn't know about the ricotta or cottage cheese - I have some cottage cheese, so maybe I'll try that ... of course, I have to buy more Soup now ...thanks for the head's up! Do you add it before you heat the soup or afterwards?

I didn't know about the ricotta or cottage cheese - I have some cottage cheese, so maybe I'll try that ... of course, I have to buy more Soup now ...thanks for the head's up! Do you add it before you heat the soup or afterwards?

I added it before. I put it all in a blender so that it was all liquid and you couldn't even tell the cottage cheese was in there, then heated it.

I got some Proti Tomato Soup from my band dr. that has 15 grams of Protein and3 carbs. I don't know how they can make it with so few carbs.

The problem is, with interstitial cystitis, you aren't supposed to eat anything with Tomato products. I do have something called prelief that I can take before eating acidy foods to removed the acid out of the food, but I am afaid to try it. Interstitial cystitis is really painful.

Tomato Soup sounded really good to me too, but boy the carbs...!

It's like 17 carbs for 1/2 the can and I can usually get 4 servings out of each can, so I don't think that it's that bad -- especially since it seems be the only thing that doesn't taste nasty to me at this point in time. I also buy the low sodium so I don't swell up.

Adding cottage cheese won't add many carbs either.