Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr Francisco Contreras

Guest liveinphx

Given that I have met Dr C in person I think I am in a good position to say it is not the same surgeon that did my surgery.

You didn't even know he worked for Betancourt. Just "knowing" him hardly refutes his previous website. I do not agree that you are in a good position to know his history.

Forgive for not describing specifically enough for you. Clearly if I had NO problems post op I did not have a leak, stricture, infection or ANY other problem or complication which DOES speak to the skill of the surgeon.

We can play tit for tat endlessly. The bottom line is I had a good experience with this surgeon and I will continue to post about it.

This board is about an open forum for our PERSONAL experiences with our surgery. You can continue to talk about YOUR experience with your surgeon and I can continue to share mine.

Again, you can argue with me but you cannot argue with my results.

We are going in circles again. I never claimed you did not have a good experience and you can write it 1000 times and it does not matter. Nobody is arguing with your results.

You know, I think you battle the world so much you make assumptions that everyone is battling everything you say. It isn't so.

Congratulations on your weight loss but I would say the credit for that goes to you and not the surgeon. As we all know, a sleeve gives us a smaller stomach and you can fill a small stomach with 300 good calories or 3000 bad calories. I know many people who had RNY a year or more ago, lost to or near goal, and today are back to where they were pre-surgery. Is this because their surgeon was not skilled or because they ate themselves back to obesity?

Same name but totally different surgeon so far as I know.

As far as I know, they are the same guy.

Might want to check out your posts for veracity before posting things like this.

Ditto.

Additionally my most recent internet check (this morning) indicates it is a well know and highly rated clinic (albeit alternative medicine).

That's not what my internet search shows.

As for denying Dr. Contreras worked for Betancourt, you are the one who posted this:

I have no idea if Dr C worked for them or not.

and this:

1) He was NOT working for Betancourt when I had my surgery. I have no idea when he did and only have your word and your unreliable source for the fact that he did. I have no idea if he really did, or when he did or why he is no longer there.

In my book, that's denial. Particularly as you don't just have one person's word for it. A simple internet search would bring up many accounts of people who used him while he was at Betancourt. It's not some big secret so there is no reason to continue to insist that it's just some unsubstantiated rumor.

In my book, that's denial. Particularly as you don't just have one person's word for it. A simple internet search would bring up many accounts of people who used him while he was at Betancourt. It's not some big secret so there is no reason to continue to insist that it's just some unsubstantiated rumor.

Mac... don't you know that personal experience doesn't count? It's what we WANT to be truth that matters, nothing else. ;o)

I never said Dr C did not work for Betancourt, I have said, repeatedly that he no longer does. I am not sure how old the info you continue to put out there about him and Betancourt is or how recent the info about patients having had bad expererience with Dr C is, I, for one, would like to a link to some of these easily found internet posts. Please enlighten and educate me. I woud love to see some "proof" of what you so readily post about.

I am going to stop this endless bickering now and I look forward to seeing any posts, internets sites, links etc that both Wasa and Mac have posted about.

I never said Dr C did not work for Betancourt, I have said, repeatedly that he no longer does. I am not sure how old the info you continue to put out there about him and Betancourt is or how recent the info about patients having had bad expererience with Dr C is, I, for one, would like to a link to some of these easily found internet posts. Please enlighten and educate me. I woud love to see some "proof" of what you so readily post about.

I am going to stop this endless bickering now and I look forward to seeing any posts, internets sites, links etc that both Wasa and Mac have posted about.

Liveinphx, do you have *anything* to say about sleeves, surgery, support for newbies, anything other than your doctor and your hostility issues?

Liveinphx, do you have *anything* to say about sleeves, surgery, support for newbies, anything other than your doctor and your hostility issues?

Given that this thread is about our doctors and surgery it is what I have continue to discuss on this thread. I did post my story on that board and I just posted my "how did I do it" story. Thanks for reminding me to do that.

Given that this thread is about our doctors and surgery it is what I have continue to discuss on this thread. I did post my story on that board and I just posted my "how did I do it" story. Thanks for reminding me to do that.

Yes, it would be nice to see you posting about any topics relating to the sleeve. Advice to noobs, something, anything regarding the forum topic.

I'm glad to see you post something about your journey under your latest ID.

Obviously you are misinformed or have no idea what you are talking about. There ARE 2 Dr. Francisco Contreras's but they are NOT related to each other and they do NOT even know each other. The other Dr. Contreras is a cancer doc with a good reputation as a good dr.

I know these things because I am a previous lapband patient o fDr. Contreras and I asked him about the other dr once. Dr. Contreras is one of the best doctors I've ever had and due to a car accident, I've had MANY dr.'s and many surgeries over the years.

So shut your pie hole until you can talk about something you are educated in!