Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr Francisco Contreras

Guest liveinphx

What I want to know is whether you realized the Contreras also works in a scam cancer clinic with his father and, if so, why you would trust him to do your bariatric surgery after learning that?

Not sure where you got your "facts". Same name but totally different surgeon so far as I know. Might want to check out your posts for veracity before posting things like this.

Additionally my most recent internet check (this morning) indicates it is a well know and highly rated clinic (albeit alternative medicine). The Dr Contreras that you are referring to also has a new book coming out that is edited/co-written/recommended by many well known and vetted cancer surgeons and other physicians.

Not sure where you got your "facts". Same name but totally different surgeon so far as I know. Might want to check out your posts for veracity before posting things like this.

Additionally my most recent internet check (this morning) indicates it is a well know and highly rated clinic (albeit alternative medicine). The Dr Contreras that you are referring to also has a new book coming out that is edited/co-written/recommended by many well known and vetted cancer surgeons and other physicians.

I do not know one way or another about the cancer clinic (not really well respected, it is on a US govt watch-list) but Contreras was even fired from betancourt's clinic.

I do not know one way or another about the cancer clinic (not really well respected, it is on a US govt watch-list) but Contreras was even fired from betancourt's clinic.

Once again I would appreciate you showing me "hard evidence" of what you say. I did not find any reference to the clinic (which by the way has nothing to do with my surgeon) being on any watch list.

Also please show me hard evidence of anyone being fired from anywhere. Interestingly you have made similar accusations about other surgeons being fired from Betancourt's clinic. Given the terrible things you have said about Betancourt I would think it was a good thing not to working with him,

Once again I would appreciate you showing me "hard evidence" of what you say. I did not find any reference to the clinic (which by the way has nothing to do with my surgeon) being on any watch list.

Also please show me hard evidence of anyone being fired from anywhere. Interestingly you have made similar accusations about other surgeons being fired from Betancourt's clinic. Given the terrible things you have said about Betancourt I would think it was a good thing not to working with him,

Call Betancourt's office and ask them. They are very free with the info. Go to the source.

And no, I have not made other references that Betancourt's office fired other surgeons. That seems to be the problem, they don't when it is necessary.

Call Betancourt's office and ask them. They are very free with the info. Go to the source.

And no, I have not made other references that Betancourt's office fired other surgeons. That seems to be the problem, they don't when it is necessary.

Given that my surgeon does not work with Betancourt and given your liberal trashing of him and his office, I again say it would appear not working for him is a good thing.

Also given your opinion of them I am not sure why you now think they are a credible source. On the one hand you think anyone that worked with or for them is suspect yet you suggest I would go to them for accurate information.

Given that my surgeon does not work with Betancourt and given your liberal trashing of him and his office, I again say it would appear not working for him is a good thing.

Also given your opinion of them I am not sure why you now think they are a credible source. On the one hand you think anyone that worked with or for them is suspect yet you suggest I would go to them for accurate information.

You asked for the source, I gave it to you.

You asked for the source, I gave it to you.

Are you suggesting the are a CREDIBLE source that you would go to for ACCURATE information?????

Are you suggesting they would give out PERSONAL INFORMATION on their previous employees to anyone that asks????

Are you suggesting the are a CREDIBLE source that you would go to for ACCURATE information?????

That is the source, take it or leave it. Why do YOU suppose Contreras left Betancourt? Why do YOU suppose he practiced out of there to begin with? He's your doctor, you should know, right?

Are you suggesting they would give out PERSONAL INFORMATION on their previous employees to anyone that asks????

Oh hell yes!

Can't have it both ways, LiveInPhx. Either they have ethics or they don't.

That is the source, take it or leave it. Why do YOU suppose Contreras left Betancourt? Why do YOU suppose he practiced out of there to begin with? He's your doctor, you should know, right?

Oh hell yes!

Can't have it both ways, LiveInPhx. Either they have ethics or they don't.

YOU were the one that used them as a source, not sure why you used them to back up what you said when you do not find them credible. You are the one that wanted it both ways, you were the one that cited them as your source to back up what YOU said.

I actually know very little about them except for what has been posted, primarily by you, that is at best unflattering.

I have no idea if Dr C worked for them or not. I did not ask him for all his previous employers. You continue to lump anyone that had anything to do with Betancourt into the same "they must be terrible cause they were associated with Betancourt basket". Just because a person works somewhere does not make them bad surgeons. The point being they no longer work there.

You can continue to trash any surgeon you do not approve of, and I fully expect that you will.

The FACT is that for me he was a great choice, skilled, experienced, compassionate and caring.

The FACT is that I have had NO problems post op and did not any need pain meds after I left the hospital.

The FACT is that he saw me at least 3x each day both in the hospital and hotel.

The FACT is Ihave lost over 120 lbs since surgery and have had zero problems with GERD, reflux, vomitting, "dumping" and so many other problems so many folks post about post-op.

To quote another poster

" YOU CAN ARGUE WITH ME BUT YOU CANNOT ARGUE WITH MY RESULTS"

YOU were the one that used them as a source, not sure why you used them to back up what you said when you do not find them credible. You are the one that wanted it both ways, you were the one that cited them as your source to back up what YOU said.

Like it or not, they are the source. If you can prove the source wrong, by all means do it.

I actually know very little about them except for what has been posted, primarily by you, that is at best unflattering.

You are free to read the many many patients that have posted on many boards their negative personal experiences.

I have no idea if Dr C worked for them or not. I did not ask him for all his previous employers. You continue to lump anyone that had anything to do with Betancourt into the same "they must be terrible cause they were associated with Betancourt basket

Yeah, pretty much.

Betancourt has such a horrible rep in Mexico that a really good surgeon wouldn't want to work there.

The FACT is Ihave lost over 120 lbs since surgery and have had zero problems with GERD, reflux, vomitting, "dumping" and so many other problems so many folks post about post-op.

LOL! Are you aware that the above have virtually nothing to do with surgeon skill? People respond differently to the surgery, that's how it is.

BTW, where is your doc working now? Is he still in practice? I never see him advertising anywhere since he parted ways with Betancourt.

Like it or not, they are the source. If you can prove the source wrong, by all means do it.

You are free to read the many many patients that have posted on many boards their negative personal experiences.

Yeah, pretty much.

Betancourt has such a horrible rep in Mexico that a really good surgeon wouldn't want to work there.

LOL! Are you aware that the above have virtually nothing to do with surgeon skill? People respond differently to the surgery, that's how it is.

BTW, where is your doc working now? Is he still in practice? I never see him advertising anywhere since he parted ways with Betancourt.

Once again let me educate you

1) He was NOT working for Betancourt when I had my surgery. I have no idea when he did and only have your word and your unreliable source for the fact that he did. I have no idea if he really did, or when he did or why he is no longer there. I have worked in places that after being hired I found out where not what I thought they ought to be so I left.

2) Since I did not have my surgery with Betancourt I am not sure why you continue to bring that up. Are you suggesting that a surgeon is not a good surgeon because of who allegedly USED to work for but no longer do??

3) Why would I be interested in learning about a surgeon or program I did not use, that may or may not even be currently in business. I did not have my surgery with Betancourt.

4) I beg to differ that a surgeon's skill has "virtually nothing" to do with a person having or not having problems post op, having or not having pain post op, the amount of restriction from the sleeve which is a large part of post op success, my not having a leak or infection like many have had.

If these things are no indicative of a surgeon's skill what is?????

There used to be links on Contreras's bariatric web site to his scam cancer clinic (actually, it's his father's clinic) and a link on that web site to his bariatric site. There was also a picture of him on both sites and it was the same guy.

It is also well-known that he worked for Betancourt. There are plenty of posts around the web from people who went to him via Betancourt. For you to continue to insist that Contreras didn't work for him or that there is no proof of that suggests to me that you didn't research him at all because these facts are easily found with a very minimal of effort.

As for complications, even hack surgeons (like Huacuz) only kill about 1-2% of their patients. Therefore, 98-99% live. The fact that some live doesn't prove a surgeon is not a hack. It's the fact that too many die that proves he is one. The same with complications such as leaks.

There used to be links on Contreras's bariatric web site to his scam cancer clinic (actually, it's his father's clinic) and a link on that web site to his bariatric site. There was also a picture of him on both sites and it was the same guy.

It is also well-known that he worked for Betancourt. There are plenty of posts around the web from people who went to him via Betancourt. For you to continue to insist that Contreras didn't work for him or that there is no proof of that suggests to me that you didn't research him at all because these facts are easily found with a very minimal of effort.

As for complications, even hack surgeons (like Huacuz) only kill about 1-2% of their patients. Therefore, 98-99% live. The fact that some live doesn't prove a surgeon is not a hack. It's the fact that too many die that proves he is one. The same with complications such as leaks.

Given that I have met Dr C in person I think I am in a good position to say it is not the same surgeon that did my surgery.

When was it that you had face to face contact with him???

I don't recall insisting that he did not work for Betancourt, it appears that many surgeons were affiliated with Betancour at some point, however the fact that they no longer are seems to be more important.

You have NO information about what research I did or did not do and are no position to comment on it.

Please enlighten all of us with "proven" statistics or facts that back up what you say.

Once again let me educate you

1) He was NOT working for Betancourt when I had my surgery. I have no idea when he did and only have your word and your unreliable source for the fact that he did. I have no idea if he really did, or when he did or why he is no longer there. I have worked in places that after being hired I found out where not what I thought they ought to be so I left.

Had you done your research you would have known everything possibly about him including his history. Forgive me, I assumed you did SOME research.

2) Since I did not have my surgery with Betancourt I am not sure why you continue to bring that up. Are you suggesting that a surgeon is not a good surgeon because of who allegedly USED to work for but no longer do??

Already responded to this previously. I'm going to spin in your circles with you.

3) Why would I be interested in learning about a surgeon or program I did not use, that may or may not even be currently in business. I did not have my surgery with Betancourt.

No clue. Since I never suggested you learn about the program for a surgeon you did not use.

4) I beg to differ that a surgeon's skill has "virtually nothing" to do with a person having or not having problems post op, having or not having pain post op, the amount of restriction from the sleeve which is a large part of post op success, my not having a leak or infection like many have had.

If these things are no indicative of a surgeon's skill what is?????

For the specific complications you listed in the post I was responding to, it most certainly does not mean surgical skill. Leaks, for example, were not mentioned. Matter of fact, here are the symptoms that you credit your surgeon with, your words:

Those words you typed is what I was responding to and I do stand behind my previous comment. The above are how some people respond to the surgery, not a thing in the world to do with surgical skill.

Had you done your research you would have known everything possibly about him including his history. Forgive me, I assumed you did SOME research.

Already responded to this previously. I'm going to spin in your circles with you.

No clue. Since I never suggested you learn about the program for a surgeon you did not use.

For the specific complications you listed in the post I was responding to, it most certainly does not mean surgical skill. Leaks, for example, were not mentioned. Matter of fact, here are the symptoms that you credit your surgeon with, your words:

Those words you typed is what I was responding to and I do stand behind my previous comment. The above are how some people respond to the surgery, not a thing in the world to do with surgical skill.

Forgive for not describing specifically enough for you. Clearly if I had NO problems post op I did not have a leak, stricture, infection or ANY other problem or complication which DOES speak to the skill of the surgeon.

We can play tit for tat endlessly. The bottom line is I had a good experience with this surgeon and I will continue to post about it.

This board is about an open forum for our PERSONAL experiences with our surgery. You can continue to talk about YOUR experience with your surgeon and I can continue to share mine.

Again, you can argue with me but you cannot argue with my results.