Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

need ideas from those of you who quite newbies anymore

Hey maybe this belongs in the food section.

I have been eating those little cans of chicken salad. I am doing that mainly because my dad is in the hosptial and I can take them anywhere.

What are some good ideas and portions for those of us just starting out?

I am about to go down to the cafeteria to try to eat dinner. It

will be the first time not eating in front of my brother since I got here,

so I can be more daring. I didn't want to have a problem around him

so I have been sticking to Soup.< /p>

I know Elizabeth said she likes 100 calorie English muffins.

What are anyone else's favorite things that are small and tasty? what's good and the right portion size?

Edited by Oregondaisy

Not sleveed but banded when I have had many in the hospital! (that SN kid thing....three heart surgeries + etc)

I always got the tuna salad.....egg salad.....or chicken salad......soup was a great stand by, of course I could go with the mashed potatoes or baked potato....a yogurt parfait.....bannana (the magic food that squishes like a mushie, but looks normal....high sugar though)....they also usually have ice cream and other little cups.

they cook the heck out of the vegies too.....the carrots and broccoli were always squishable!, and my fall back of fall backs was a little chili

I know it sound like a whole lot of crap....... but when my kids were there (as likely in your case) you just need to eat something to get by and hope that it isn't for too long, it gets difficult. Our children's hospital also sold slimfast in the gift shop.....again it was cheating as a bandster......but in some situations you do what you have too......

I carry beef Jerky in my purse for emergencies.

I ordered bbq ribs. they were tiny. I ate one. I kind of knew when I ate the last bite that it would be one bite too many. You know how it is, you think (before being sleeved) oh it's just the last bite.

Well it was one bite too many. I slimed for awhile. It was not nearly as bad as when I ate too much fish the other day.That day it felt like my stomach was going to explode.

I meant to take the other one home and forgot and they threw it away. Damn. It was so good. I can be on solids now, and it's the first thing I've had to eat that wasn't mushy. It was very soft and tender.

I'm still learning.

I love tilapia, scallops, and seabass. Last night, I had spaghetti and meatballs. This consisted of one very small meat ball and @ 1/3 cup of spaghetti. When I felt full, I stopped. The tuna cups (chunk white meat in water) are @ 2.5 oz. I flake it over some lettuce and add Walden's fat free/cal free dressing... excellent Protein source.

When I felt full, I stopped. .

That's what I seem to have a problem with. I can't tell I am full until I get up and walk around. I feel fine at the table. I better keep measuring and keep something to measure with in my purse when I am out.

I found I got better over time at knowing when I'm full. My signals are still pretty subtle so I really have to pay attention though.