Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

A New Home - Sleeve People!

Try ordering Soup and an appetizer or a salad and an appetizer. I find nobody cares what I do or don't eat when I go out. It's more about the conversation.

Hi all

The day is here, pretesting this afternoon. I am waiting for Ernesto to pick me up at the airport now. What an ambivolent feeling I have right now. I am meeting with V angel in a couple of hrs. We will be in contact.

This is a great day:biggrin2:

Hi all

The day is here, pretesting this afternoon. I am waiting for Ernesto to pick me up at the airport now. What an ambivolent feeling I have right now. I am meeting with V angel in a couple of hrs. We will be in contact.

We are thinking of you, Ruthi! Keep us updated as things progress!

Hi all

Pretesting complete and now we're at the hotel. Just had a nice dinner and are back in our rooms for a bit of a siesta and then may go out a little later just to walk and be out in the fresh air. Then back to the room to sleep and be downstairs at 7 am to wait for Ernesto ... tomorrow is THE day!

Did you know that Ernesto had the sleeve 9 weeks ago and has lost 44 lbs. already?

Will try to post tomorrow if I'm feeling up to it.

I have a question for all you longtimers...I find that (on day 2) I can't drink more then a thimble of water...it hurts and does not want to go down. When will breathing get easier also? Thanks for any info!

You need to talk with Dr. Aceves and/or Dr. Campos. Keep walking and use the breathing machine. When you use the machine, the goal is to keep that ball up for as long as you can. I could not tolerate more than an ounce of Water or juice for the first week or so. Once the swelling goes down, that improves.

I can't help out with that one. Not that I am a long timer. I could guzzle Water immediately and it was really hard for me to go slow and try to drink only a little bit of Fluid at a time.