Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Crazy schedule, how do you manage?

On my days off, I have no problems meeting all my dietary requirements that go with having my band. But on the days I work, I feel like I'm struggling a lot. Im a nurse and I work in critical care and there are days I can't even go pee when I need to, let alone be able to take a full lunch. Most days we're lucky if we even get lunch.

Those of you who work odd hours/schedules, how do you deal?

On my days off, I have no problems meeting all my dietary requirements that go with having my band. But on the days I work, I feel like I'm struggling a lot. Im a nurse and I work in critical care and there are days I can't even go pee when I need to, let alone be able to take a full lunch. Most days we're lucky if we even get lunch.

Those of you who work odd hours/schedules, how do you deal?

I hope you get a lot of responses - wondering the same!

I'm a teacher and feel the same way. I always keep a bag of cut up Protein Bars so I can pop it in my mouth chew and keep going on hectic days. The only part that sucks is drinking because when I have a minute to drink something its usually the same time I have to eat. So I eat instead of drink and try to get in most my Water after work. Scares me sometimes because I dont want to get dehydrated.

RN482 how long did u take off work when u we banded cause im a CNA and theres lots of bending so just wondering how long u took off

RN482 how long did u take off work when u we banded cause im a CNA and theres lots of bending so just wondering how long u took off

I only took a week off. My boss is wonderful and is letting me work while I'm on a lift restriction. My doc said probably 4 weeks of no lifting.

Duplicate post!

My schedule has always been crazy. There have been days where I felt like I should have a camelbak strapped on or one of those goofy hats that hold two cans. Eating was often what could be guzzled down at 70 mph on the highway. I am always on the go and pre surgery I never really thought of myself and my needs. Now, post surgery, I focus on my needs and find ways to nourish my body. No real tips or tricks I can give. Its just been reprogramming my mind that I have to take time for myself. It literally only takes minutes to get what I need.

Sarah, I'm an ICU nurse too. I'm down 97 lbs since March 2012. My Dr.'s office is always yelling at me for not eating enough on the days I work, but what can I do??? I try to eat a couple of scrambled eggs on the way to work, and hopefully shove a Protein Shake in once a day. I pack a lunch, but I always make sure I have Protein Snacks just in case lunch doesn't happen--cheese sticks, softer Jerky, Greek yogurt, Protein Bars and shakes. Thank God for the band, because I will get hungry at work, by rarely starving. I also make it a priority to eat, because I will start getting light headed and shaky. Sometimes i will even have lunch really early at 11, even though I'm not hungry, cause that's the time I have! We usually have a free charge nurse and I will ask him/her early in the day to watch my patients if they need constant watching.

Sarah' date=' I'm an ICU nurse too. I'm down 97 lbs since March 2012. My Dr.'s office is always yelling at me for not eating enough on the days I work, but what can I do??? I try to eat a couple of scrambled eggs on the way to work, and hopefully shove a Protein shake in once a day. I pack a lunch, but I always make sure I have Protein Snacks just in case lunch doesn't happen--cheese sticks, softer Jerky, Greek yogurt, protein bars and shakes. Thank God for the band, because I will get hungry at work, by rarely starving. I also make it a priority to eat, because I will start getting light headed and shaky. Sometimes i will even have lunch really early at 11, even though I'm not hungry, cause that's the time I have! We usually have a free charge nurse and I will ask him/her early in the day to watch my patients if they need constant watching.[/quote']

Thankfully I got in the habit of taking my lunch and packing lots of quick Snacks before I ever had my band done. What I've been doing is drinking my Protein Shake on the way to work in the morning and then trying to eat something around 8-9 in the morning. Usually someone heads to the cafeteria to get Breakfast so I'll have them grab me some scrambled egg beaters and a piece of fruit. I'm really lucky that my coworkers are so supportive of my getting the band and they've been awesome about telling me to eat. But I'm only two weeks in, so a lot could change!

You'll be fine then! All my coworkers have been pretty awesome and supportive too. Some days are easier than others, but that's the nature of our work!

I like my new direction shakes. I keep a shaker bottle in my house, car,and office. I also have an emergency stash of GNC Protein powder and diet Snapples at work.

I keep Pure Protein Shakes on hand. They are Pre mixed, in re sealable cans---- in case I cannot mix something my self.