Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

C25K - Finnished Today!!!

Today I completed the 8week program! Not quite to a 5k yet, but I ran the times the program required. Ran for 30mins straight today :) never thought I would see the day. Huge NSV for this girl. On to the 10k program next.

To be continued...

post-217870-13813135470086_thumb.jpg

post-348076-13813142449368_thumb.jpg

Way to go!! That's a great accomplishment :)

Great job!!!!!!!! Congrats!

So proud of you girlfriend!! :) We need to find a 5k to do together!

So inspiring... Congratulations! I don't feel like I could run like that...at all....but....you've got me wondering!

So proud of you girlfriend!! :) We need to find a 5k to do together!

Heck yeah!!! That would be just the motivation I need to keep going. The Biggest Looser has a 5K walk/run in KY on November 2 and I want to do it SOOO bad' date=' but my best friend is getting married that day. Being that I am the maid of honor I don't think she would appreciate me not being there, lol jk.

However, they do have a 5k off-road challenge in Laurel, IN @ Haspin Acres on April 26, 2014. I attached the link (I think) so look into it and let me know what u think!! It would give us both plenty of time to get ready :)

[url']http://www.biggestloserrunwalk.com/Indiana-OffRoad-2014[/url]

So inspiring... Congratulations! I don't feel like I could run like that...at all....but....you've got me wondering!

Thanks! I will tell you I never thought I could do it either. I LOVE softball and would play 5 days a week if I could, but growing up I would never play for school and would only do summer league because they made you run if u played for the school. That's how bad I hate running. 8 weeks ago I couldn't run more than 2mins without a break. This really is an awesome program!!!

Oh good for you! I've never been a runner even in my skinny days so that would be a big deal for me.

Today I completed the 8week program! Not quite to a 5k yet, but I ran the times the program required. Ran for 30mins straight today :) never thought I would see the day. Huge NSV for this girl. On to the 10k program next.

To be continued...

post-348076-13813142449368_thumb.jpg

The trick for motivation is....keep telling yourself "I can do this today, no reason I cannot... I've done it yesterday, I can do it today"...and after a few times of that, you start telling yourself "I can do this, I've done it dozen's of times" Then 100's of times, etc, etc, then "Everyday"

and before you know it.......

It's 5 am right now, having my coffee...will head to the gym at 5:30 to run my 5 miles....it's easy...I've done it before, I've done it dozen's of times, I now do it everyday!!! NO REASON I CAN"T DO IT TODAY!!!!!

I started with the same program...struggled with it..took me about 14 weeks to complete the 8 weeks because there were weeks I struggled with and went back and repeated the entire week.....

I now run at least 5 miles a day and it's all routine....and that is getting easier so now I am increasing my pace.....to keep my heart rate at optimum...

I am 61 years old, a heart attack survivor, and only started this since being banded....and I am still improving, So I don't like it when people say they can't...or don't have the time....

The trick for motivation is....keep telling yourself "I can do this today' date=' no reason I cannot... I've done it yesterday, I can do it today"...and after a few times of that, you start telling yourself "I can do this, I've done it dozen's of times" Then 100's of times, etc, etc, then "Everyday" and before you know it....... It's 5 am right now, having my coffee...will head to the gym at 5:30 to run my 5 miles....it's easy...I've done it before, I've done it dozen's of times, I now do it everyday!!! NO REASON I CAN"T DO IT TODAY!!!!! I started with the same program...struggled with it..took me about 14 weeks to complete the 8 weeks because there were weeks I struggled with and went back and repeated the entire week..... I now run at least 5 miles a day and it's all routine....and that is getting easier so now I am increasing my pace.....to keep my heart rate at optimum... I am 61 years old, a heart attack survivor, and only started this since being banded....and I am still improving, So I don't like it when people say they can't...or don't have the time....[/quote']

This is awesome and pretty much the same conversation I have with myself every time. There is also, "your body's not giving out your mind is" and let's not forget.. "You're already in misery, might as well get something out of it" lol

I have a very love/hate relationship with running. I love it before and after...not so much during :)

5miles a day, that is amazing!! 8 weeks ago I would have thought "never!"... But I don't know...now I'm thinking anything is possible!!!!

Thanks for the encouragement and inspiration :)

The trick for motivation is....keep telling yourself "I can do this today' date=' no reason I cannot... I've done it yesterday, I can do it today"...and after a few times of that, you start telling yourself "I can do this, I've done it dozen's of times" Then 100's of times, etc, etc, then "Everyday" and before you know it....... It's 5 am right now, having my coffee...will head to the gym at 5:30 to run my 5 miles....it's easy...I've done it before, I've done it dozen's of times, I now do it everyday!!! NO REASON I CAN"T DO IT TODAY!!!!! I started with the same program...struggled with it..took me about 14 weeks to complete the 8 weeks because there were weeks I struggled with and went back and repeated the entire week..... I now run at least 5 miles a day and it's all routine....and that is getting easier so now I am increasing my pace.....to keep my heart rate at optimum... I am 61 years old, a heart attack survivor, and only started this since being banded....and I am still improving, So I don't like it when people say they can't...or don't have the time....[/quote']

This is awesome and pretty much the same conversation I have with myself every time. There is also, "your body's not giving out your mind is" and let's not forget.. "You're already in misery, might as well get something out of it" lol

I have a very love/hate relationship with running. I love it before and after...not so much during :)

5miles a day, that is amazing!! 8 weeks ago I would have thought "never!"... But I don't know...now I'm thinking anything is possible!!!!

Perhaps...but if you keep at it, the rewards are going to be so amazing it is beyond explanation...you're going to love yourself and love your body, and who you are like you never have before!!! And want to show the world....

There is a reason you see people running on the streets everywhere you go all times of the day....5K and 10K races have never been so popular...seems there is one every weekend where I live.....

They don't do it because they have to....they do it because they NEED to, like a addictive drug...which at times it can feel like it (Runners high)

It is right now 5:10am...I'm having my coffee along with my Vitamins, etc, before going to the gym when they open at 6am.......1/2 of me wants to go back to bed.....But I'm addicted! I HAVE to go...and I know how miserable I will be if I do not get my workout in for any good reason.....

A trick I adapted...I mostly run on a treadmill at the gym....I have to have my I-Pod, with many playlists I put on there...I REFUSE to look at the distance or time on the screen when I'm running...I'll have a blank screen.....I will run listening to a playlist and get lost in the music and my thoughts....I will not stop, nor even think about stooping until the playlist is over....not worrying about how fast or how far I'm going....when the playlist is over I'll turn on the screen and surprise myself....and if the distance is say, 4.6 miles for example, I'll continue to make it an even 5 miles....I have even gone 6 and 7 miles at times, if the music is very good that day....

Setting goals can be good, for some people, even when trying to loose weight...but it can also add to anxiety....and one tends to feel finished when the goal is reached...I rather sail right past any goals....

As with the band, I have never set any goals for myself...I have always adhered to adapting to a new new lifestyle living with this corrective surgery.....and let the weight, and health take care of itself naturally.....which it has.

Sorry for ranting on, I tend to get carried away early in he morning....

Perhaps...but if you keep at it, the rewards are going to be so amazing it is beyond explanation...you're going to love yourself and love your body, and who you are like you never have before!!! And want to show the world....

There is a reason you see people running on the streets everywhere you go all times of the day....5K and 10K races have never been so popular...seems there is one every weekend where I live.....

They don't do it because they have to....they do it because they NEED to, like a addictive drug...which at times it can feel like it (Runners high)

It is right now 5:10am...I'm having my coffee along with my Vitamins, etc, before going to the gym when they open at 6am.......1/2 of me wants to go back to bed.....But I'm addicted! I HAVE to go...and I know how miserable I will be if I do not get my workout in for any good reason.....

A trick I adapted...I mostly run on a treadmill at the gym....I have to have my I-Pod, with many playlists I put on there...I REFUSE to look at the distance or time on the screen when I'm running...I'll have a blank screen.....I will run listening to a playlist and get lost in the music and my thoughts....I will not stop, nor even think about stooping until the playlist is over....not worrying about how fast or how far I'm going....when the playlist is over I'll turn on the screen and surprise myself....and if the distance is say, 4.6 miles for example, I'll continue to make it an even 5 miles....I have even gone 6 and 7 miles at times, if the music is very good that day....

Setting goals can be good, for some people, even when trying to loose weight...but it can also add to anxiety....and one tends to feel finished when the goal is reached...I rather sail right past any goals....

As with the band, I have never set any goals for myself...I have always adhered to adapting to a new new lifestyle living with this corrective surgery.....and let the weight, and health take care of itself naturally.....which it has.

Sorry for ranting on, I tend to get carried away early in he morning....

Congratulations on the work you put it and making it happen!!!

Congratulations on the work you put it and making it happen!!!