Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Am I doing something wrong?

So here I am basically 2 wks post op. for the most part I am doing ok. However there are something’s that make me wonder.. my port site still is causing a lot of discomfort from a mild pain to a sharp stabbing like pain if I turn or bend in just the wrong way.. weight loss has stopped.. in fact put a few lbs back on :( and I can now feel it when I eat mushy food. I’m eating small bites and slowly but there is almost immediate discomfort nothing really serious but enough that I go hummm. I have my post op follow up on Tuesday was thinking of going back to more of a liquid diet until then.. I know my body is adjusting still.. just wish the pain and aches would go away so i'm not sure if i'm doing something wrong or if it's all just part of the process....

I know my body is adjusting still.

Yes, this. You are still healing and it takes time to get back to normal. Call your doctor if you can't tolerate the pain or feel like something is wrong, but I bet you're doing just fine. I gained a few in between surgery and getting my first fill. Have no fear- the band will work in due time with compliance and effort. Best wishes to you and welcome! :)

You're not doing anything wrong. In fact, by sticking to your doctor's post op diet and going to your follow up appointments, you're doing everything right.

Remember, you have been cut open, pumped full of air, had a silicone band sewn to your stomach, and had a port sewn to your abdominal wall. Your body has been through alot!

It takes a good 4-6 weeks to really heal and feel normal again. Sometimes even longer. Be patient and keep doing what you're doing and you'll be back to normal soon.

Hang in there!

i know i'm a worry monger.. which is why i haven't called the doc.. and i absolutely love the support that i get from this site knowing that if i'm being an idiot that those with the wisdom and experience will share with me and make me feel much calmer. the pain is tolerable mostly it's the evil food loving voice inside my head is what i'm having the most difficulty in dealing with. deep calming breaths. i'm just going to focus on the good things.. has any one else notice how amazing your skin feels after a month of detox?

I had surgery on 9/13 and I'm doing ok, but I'm not myself either yet- don't feel too bad - I think it does take time for your body to adjust. I still get tired at the end of the day! I'm still trying to figure all this out also & this site and these people have helped me - I don't know anyone personally who has had lapband surgery.