Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Vomiting everything

Banded 11/2012. Last fill 5/2013 and no problems until abt two wks ago. Always feels like there is mucus in my throat and seem to slime a lot. Now I have thrown up in my sleep as well as throwing up hard after I eat anything solid. Cannot even do more than sip Water. Takes hours to drink a bottled Protein Shake and most times I spit it up a little at a Time until it is all back up. Any ideas on the problem. I do have an apptmt with dr but I am pretty worried right now. Hope haven't. Messed up my band or esophagus.

I'd be calling your surgeon ASAP, Or go to the ER, especially if you can't even keep liquids down!

Regurgitating after you lay down and are asleep may be a symptom of reflux. This is nothing to ignore.

If you are unable to keep anything down, you are at risk for dehydration. Ice chips are helpful, but your body needs hydration.

I strongly encourage you to call your surgeon's office ASAP for further instructions. A month after having my band placed I was not aware that I had become dehydrated and ended up in the hospital.

I hope you will feel better fast. Good luck.

I can keep some down for awhile. Do best with ice......... What could cause this all of a sudden?

It is possible that your band may be too tight. I am not a doctor, but I have experienced similar symptoms, and I strongly encourage you to call your surgeon to advise you ASAP.

I would definitely talk to your Dr about it especially since you are vomiting. *hugs*

too tight im sure

How can it get too tight after a few mos?

I have found that every time u throw up the band will tighten . I also find changes in the weather will affect my band

you might want to stay on liquids until you can see your doctor. the sliming/vomiting will cause swelling in the band area and make it worse. if you get to a point where you aren't able to keep down liquids or your own saliva either go to ER or your doctor might have someone on call after hours. mine met me at his office at 9;00 on a Saturday evening.

I'm having a similar issue. What did your doctor say? Any recommendations? I haven't had a fill in months but recently starting experiencing what you stated. My doctors office told me not to eat a few hours prior to laying down and to drink a glass of Water to clear everything going through the band.

I was having the same issue also for awhile and it was my reflux causing all the problems. I finally contacted my doc office and went in Wed morning to get some Fluid taking out of my band which really helped , actually it was all taking out till i go back in 3 weeks then she will put more in. I still get some reflux but not like before thank god i finally went in!!! Back on liquids for about 1 week i call this my Start Over Journey lol.