Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So im 4 days post op and im only drinking liquids and Protein shakes...now I drink a lot of Water and I keep throwing up! Its only liquids! Im allowed to have full liquids but the Soup and pudding make me feel nauseous so I have the Protein Shakes to replace them. I have 2-3 a day plus like 4-5 bottles of water per day. Am I drinking too much? I just feel thirsty more then I feel hungry so im constantly drinking. I dont see my doctor til Monday so I havent had the chance to speak with him about it. I threw up twice today and twice yesterday and its only happening at night. Im kinda freakin out about it!

It would be my guess, you may be drinking it too fast...too much at one time...keep it to small sips to let the liquid pass through the band into your stomach....least that's what I need to do at times....

you're probably swollen and irritated from the surgery....

Also I have learned not to consume anything close to bedtime....for various reasons....I prefer to lay horizontal with a empty pouch.

throwing up is dangerous and should be avoided...i agree w b52, could be you are drinking too much too fast..your insides are still very swollen and its hard to get through......need to take baby sips sip and sip and then keep on sipping..congrats on your surgery

I agree with both of my fellow banders... At night though, do not lie down flat keep your head raised up on pillows about 45• and that will help keep the contents of your belly from " backing up". Good luck, feel better, take small sips to stay hydrated and keep up posted.

I agree with both b-52 and carolinagirl. You may be consuming too much Water too quickly. AT this point, I was just sipping. I still don't guzzle after almost 4 years. I have learned to take small drinks just as you should, when you start eating solids, take small bites of food. And i agree about laying down and drinking. I used to have a glass near my bed to drink when thirsty. I, now, make myself get out of bed for a drink to allow the liquid to proceed down my tube. Best wishes on your healing!

Thanks guys. I know throwing up is dangerous thats why I posted this. Im certainly not trying to throw up. Anyways ill take your advice and start sipping. Thanks so much