Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lapband to gastric bypass surgery

I love my band with plication. It was done at the time of surgery, so I don't have a reference point of what the band would be like, alone.

IMHO, I would highly recommend having plication added to the existing band, before resorting to something so permanent, like a RNY or sleeve.

i am with you GF

it has gave me my life back

my dr performs them but again stresses it must be used properly for best results

They quit doing them before the band came out. The plication surgery was just in clinical trial last year in June of 2012 at UC Sandiego. With it being that new again I would not want my stomach folded and stitched without a band and they still do not know the out come of the patients. Too much risk of stomach tissue dying with it just being folded over. If they do not do it right you are cutting the blood supply off to your stomach. I would not want it. But that is just my opinion.

i am with you GF

it has gave me my life back

my dr performs them but again stresses it must be used properly for best results

Me too, CG.....my life is so much better today. I still have a ways to go, but I don't wake up every morning with dread; what will I wear, not wanting to go out, damn near having a heart attack going up a flight of stairs....the list goes on. You know..... XO

They quit doing them before the band came out. The plication surgery was just in clinical trial last year in June of 2012 at UC Sandiego. With it being that new again I would not want my stomach folded and stitched without a band and they still do not know the out come of the patients. Too much risk of stomach tissue dying with it just being folded over. If they do not do it right you are cutting the blood supply off to your stomach. I would not want it. But that is just my opinion.

Oh, so they do them, but you wouldn't choose to have a plication? I thought in your last post you said they didn't perform them anymore. I must have read that wrong. Cause I do know several people that have had them recently, and have done beautifully with the band and plication together :)

Actually, some surgeons do still do plication alone. My brother was considering bariatric surgery after seeing my success and the doctor he saw actually recommended plication to him. I was shocked.

I told him I'd suggest the band with plication rather than plication alone, but ultimately it's his choice.

its a aid......like the band

def in early stages and i had to sign a waiver because of that

and understood things could happen

but i took that chance and am super dooper careful and very

clear of how my body is working and looking out for any signs

i am glad i have it

140+ pounds loss.....yeah it works

its a aid......like the band

def in early stages and i had to sign a waiver because of that

and understood things could happen

but i took that chance and am super dooper careful and very

clear of how my body is working and looking out for any signs

i am glad i have it

140+ pounds loss.....yeah it works

Every time I hear that "140 + pounds lost", I'm so amazed!!! You & Missy are champions!

Speaking of any issues with the surgery, I had a GI swallow on Tuesday, and an upper endoscopy yesterday. Other than a polyp in my stomach (that he removed), the band and plication are in tip top condition. Yay! Before having the surgery, I talked with my gastro about my concerns; issues with stomach tissue dying, etc. He said that if there were going to be any of those type of problems, they would show early on. I'm six months out, and everything is fine fine FINE :)

Every time I hear that "140 + pounds lost", I'm so amazed!!! You & Missy are champions!

Speaking of any issues with the surgery, I had a GI swallow on Tuesday, and an upper endoscopy yesterday. Other than a polyp in my stomach (that he removed), the band and plication are in tip top condition. Yay! Before having the surgery, I talked with my gastro about my concerns; issues with stomach tissue dying, etc. He said that if there were going to be any of those type of problems, they would show early on. I'm six months out, and everything is fine fine FINE :)

well, dr follow up aptpts are vital..i went monthly the first year..and then i need to go every 3 months unless i needed to go in.......i go monthly still.......my oct dr appt will be a barium swallow...i get on every 3 months..because i want one

well, dr follow up aptpts are vital..i went monthly the first year..and then i need to go every 3 months unless i needed to go in.......i go monthly still.......my oct dr appt will be a barium swallow...i get on every 3 months..because i want one

I'm so with you..... I'll be out of pocket a chunk of $$ for this last round of diagnostics, but it's worth every penny. I was having a poking kind of pain under my breastbone. Not horrific pain, but bothersome enough for me to be concerned. My mind is now at ease, knowing that all is well in the world of "Marla's bariatric surgery". And THAT is priceless :)

I'm so with you..... I'll be out of pocket a chunk of $$ for this last round of diagnostics, but it's worth every penny. I was having a poking kind of pain under my breastbone. Not horrific pain, but bothersome enough for me to be concerned. My mind is now at ease, knowing that all is well in the world of mrsto's bariatric surgery. And THAT is priceless :)

Hi:

Has anyone gone from the lap band to the gastric bypast (RNY? If so' date=' how has it worked out for you?

Thanks,

DebM[/quote']

I decided to do a sleeve

Rather than a LB.

Surgery in 6 days.

How recent did they stop doing Plications? Cause my band buddy just got one 7 weeks ago :) As a matter of fact I know several people who have gotten them recently :)
Im getting band with plication on 10/1

Im getting band with plication on 10/1

Congrats......right around the bend :)