Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Please Read - looking for feedback!

I'm scheduled to have my 2nd fill this Friday. I have 4ccs in my band now. Surgery was 7/26 and I had a 20 pound weight loss since surgery that is probably around 17 pounds now since I gained a few back. Has anyone else experienced this before getting to good restriction? Thanks for your feedback - it's much appreciated!!

I'm scheduled to have my 2nd fill this Friday. I have 4ccs in my band now. Surgery was 7/26 and I had a 20 pound weight loss since surgery that is probably around 17 pounds now since I gained a few back. Has anyone else experienced this before getting to good restriction? Thanks for your feedback - it's much appreciated!!

You are doing good, but remember weight loss is never guaranteed to stay off regardless if you are at your sweet spot or not, you have to constantly work your band and stay within your calorie range...however being in the green zone and having good restriction, will make it easier to lose weight and maintain your weight loss.

You are doing good' date=' but remember weight loss is never guaranteed to stay off regardless if you are at your sweet spot or not, you have to constantly work your band and stay within your calorie range...however being in the green zone and having good restriction, will make it easier to lose weight and maintain your weight loss.[/quote']

Thanks! I guess my question is have you ever experienced something similar?

My weight has been with 2-5 pounds since May! I have not had a fill since March and have an appointment in 2 weeks. I am getting a fill then. I have less than 2 ccs in my band. My doctor goes very slow. He is thrilled with me because I am down 60% of my BMI. Each doctor is different.

Good luck and don't worry. Some people report that it takes a long time to get to the "green zone".

When I first started it was about my third fill I had gained a little , I guess it takes a little tie to heal but then as I started to eat right and more healthier the pounds started coming off then the plataues wich suck but it took quite a while for me and the band to get used to each other , but we have been getting real aquainted with each othe after y last fill now and I am almost a year post op and it took me about 6 or 7 fills and I now have 11cc's in a 14 cc band some people don't need any fills and some of us do each and everyone of us are different.

I had 4 cc's for my first fill 1 month after surgery....After which I gained weight!!! The 4 cc's did absolutely nothing for me, plus at 4 weeks it was the point in my post-op diet that I started back on regular solid food....I lost on the post-op mushie's...who doesn't????

2nd fill was 2 cc's, 4 weeks after the first...felt something, but dissipated after a week...weight held steady, in other words still not loosing...

3rd fill was 4 weeks after the 2nd, or 12 weeks from surgery...1cc...pushed me completely over the top!!! Thought i might be too tight, trouble keeping anything down for about 2 weeks...but I was determined to make it work...and as I figured it was ME who needed to adjust, not the other way around...it took me about 2 months to finally get into a "Groove" and settle into a new lifestyle living in the Green Zone....

That was over 2 years ago...have never had a fill since...and have stayed consistently in the Green Zone with all my hunger and cravings held in check, and my portion sizes determined by my band....lost all the excess weight possible.....returning to a normal weight and body fat% for a male my age, and height.

EASIEST THING I HAVE EVER DONE!!!!! but getting there was another, frustrating story...I could have taken one step back at any time...., got a slight un-fill, and settled into a lifestyle of hard work and determination, using the band as a tool for me to use... (dieting) and complaining of not loosing weight......I'm glad I did not!!

And I'm glad my Dr. would not let me but kept encouraging me....