Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Caught between women's and misses sizes

Ughhh I am a 14W....not a regular 14, but a woman's 14 but they are darn hard to find. I can't even squeeze into 16's yet at Old Navy or Ann Taylor Loft becuase I am too round but yet the pants in the women's dept are generally still too big.

ughhh I am worried when get smaller and they don't even have W's what I am going to do!

I think once you drop just one more size, it'll be a lot easier to find clothes. Once I got into a solid 14, rather than a 14W or 16, there was suddenly a lot more options. But you're right, being in between Misses and Womens is very rough.

The good news is, there are some jeans makers that make "curvy" jeans. I know Jennifer Lopez, Gloria Vanderbelt, and even Faded Glory do. They're pretty awesome because they're not bigger overall but they make a bit of room for us girls that actually have butts and hips.

The other thing I've found is that when you're shopping for jeans, don't get hung up on the number. I seriously can't believe how differently they fit depending on the maker. Honest to God, I can fit into anything between a 12 to a 16 depending on who makes it. So, don't be afraid to try a size up or down from your regular size.

Hang in there, you're doing great!

Oh the number doesn't matter to me, and the gal at Nordstrom was great, she was going back to the "regular" sizes and then to Encore where I was trying to find something, anything that fit me. I have really really big calves, bigger than most women my size have for thighs (they are almost as big as my thigh) so it seems to make it even harder.

Oh the number doesn't matter to me, and the gal at Nordstrom was great, she was going back to the "regular" sizes and then to Encore where I was trying to find something, anything that fit me. I have really really big calves, bigger than most women my size have for thighs (they are almost as big as my thigh) so it seems to make it even harder.

I have a lot of loose skin on my legs (like tons) and I also have to deal with regular swelling due to vein problems in my legs. So, I completely understand.

Have you tried Riders by Lee? Relaxed fit? I found them 3 sizes ago and I buy new ones every time I drop a size. I've yet to find jeans that I like and fit better- including my ridiculously huge legs.

I will have to try them out, we have a Lee outlet not to far away. Nordstrom did have some great Not Your Daughters Jeans...but at $130 I can't possibly justify it when I am still so far from goal. 80lbs from now I will have no problem with that!

Have you tried Lane Bryant? They start at 14w. They have a web site, also. JC Penney also has many different sizes.

Once I lost about 30 pounds I never needed W sizes anymore. I buy Gloria Vanderbilt at BJ's for under $20. I wear a size 14 in that brand.

Good luck shopping.

Lane Bryant has gone BANANAS with their prices.i guess they are on the wining side of the obesity "epidemic"

thanks for the info ladies. I am also on the cusp of regular sizes and am finding it difficult to find clothes that fit well these days. So...I'm making due with the few items I have until I can go down another size.

In fact, I was looking for some sweats in JC Penney last week and didn't like the way lots of the XL sizes were looking. I too have excess skin on my upper legs so I need a roomier fit. So..I went into the women's section and couldn't find any 1X sizes so I figured I'd try a 2X because again, size is secondary depending on the manufacturer. Well...those 2X sweats were so big that after I pulled them up, they proceeded to fall down around my knees...lol. Wound up going home with nothing...

Try Marshall's/TJ Maxx...they definitely have 14w and I have even seen some 12w's there. As for the not your daughter jeans they also sell them there for 39.99 - 49.99. Marshall's has been my go to store during this journey...all of the brand names that I LOVE at great prices.