Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I was wondering how long most people were out of work for? What was a good about of time to stay out of work?

Well I got laid off one week before my surgery but I was planning on two weeks. If I still had a job I would say I would be able to go back probly yesterday so 4 days. I'm still sore but its not unbearable. I heard the port incision can remain tender for up to a month.

Hi there! I had surgery on a Thursday and I tried to go back the following Monday but I was too tired and sore and still bloated so not a lot of clothes fit correctly. I teach at a college so I was able to work half days on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday. By Thursday I was feeling more like myself.

Today marks 10 days since surgery and I just got home from the mall after shopping for Homecoming dresses for my daughter. I am feeling great now but still get a little tired.

i took a total 8 days and i work at a desk

i a so glad i did.i was able to regroup, get the #2 straight and left shoulder pain worked out

listen to your body......some go right back, some take off longer

wishing you the best :)

I had surgery on Sunday afternoon, felt rubbish the whole evening but was better by night time. Woke up brighter on Monday and was back to work (office) on Tuesday, although I wasn't feeling very energetic. Wednesday was much better and by Friday I was my usual self, and even worked Saturday to catch up on some work. I'm glad I did not take the "day" option at the hospital and went for the "overnight" stay. That was totally necessary.

I own a wholesale bakery, so I took off more than I really needed to. My doctor said 1 week if you don't do physical work, if you do she said 2 weeks. I took nearly a month off, but I rarely take time off so it was more of a vacation than anything. Most of my travel is work related so it was nice to just be home for a while.

I work a desk job and generally work from home. I had my surgery Thursday and I would be totally fine with working tomorrow and I think it would be OK if I had an easy commute to an office too.

As it is, I'm glad I'm between projects right now, just so I wouldn't have to subject my co-workers to my hourly walk-n-burps. :huh:

I work a desk job. I had surgery Thursday and am returning today. I have so e pain when Sitting upright. If I can't handle it, I am sure my boss will let me take more time. But I want to try to get back. I think I will be fine.

Had my surgery on a Saturday and was back at work on a Wednesday but it was a desk job also. Listen to your body you will know what is best for you

I had my surgery on a Tuesday morning around 10 am. I was sitting on the floor that night playing with my two and a half year old fairly fine. I took Wednesday morning to wake up gradually and take a nice long walk and worked from home casually Wednesday afternoon (mostly just responding to e-mails) as well as full work days on Thursday and Fiday from home. Monday I was back in the office. My commute is 52 miles each way, so it's a bit over an hour each way, and that was tiring, but I was fine getting back.

As with most things though, your experience will be intensely personal and unique.

Best of luck!

~David.