Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

4th fill and possible gallbladder issues....

Hello everyone...

Yesterday I went in for my 4th fill... I believe I have 6.7cc's in 10cc band. I started doing strenuous walking over a month ago... I have developed a small discomfort under my right breast area. The Dr. told me yesterday he thinks it is my gallbladder... this makes me very nervous. Has anyone encountered gallbladder issues? If so, what did you do about it?

Hi there, I am pre-band but I did have my GB out in '99 and it was a very easy procedure. The symptoms leading up to it were very unpleasant, however; I was glad to get it done. Diagnosis for me involved a sonogram but technology may have changed since then. When I asked about not having one for the upcoming banding, the hospital program coordinator said that makes it even easier for installing the band. She also said she had just had her own GB removed, and she is banded herself. Best wishes to you -- hope you are feeling better and get this straightened out soon.

My doctor does a sono first to make sure there are no stones in gallbladder, because it sometimes causes complications later. So I had my gallbladder checked, and come to find out my gallbladder was one huge stone,then 6 weeks later had my lapband done. It really is an easy procedure, but that doesn't calm the nerves I know... good luck.

on one of my yoyo dieting episodes, i lost 80 pounds and boom, had to get my gallbladder removed

never even knew until the pain between my shoulder blades were horrible.......ended up in er 3x and the last time hub told the er i was staying til they fixed me

like missy said, no big deal surgery

somewhat uncomfy as its surgery but you will be fine :)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• buildabetteranna

I have my final approval from my insurance, only thing holding up things is one last x-ray needed, which I have scheduled for the fourth of next month, which is my birthday.

· 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • BetterLeah

Woohoo! I have 7 more days till surgery, So far I am already down a total of 20lbs since I started this journey. 
      · 1 reply
      1. NeonRaven8919

Well done! I'm 9 days away from surgery! Keep us updated!

• Ladiva04

Hello,
      I had my surgery on the 25th of June of this year. Starting off at 117 kilos.😒
      · 1 reply
      1. NeonRaven8919

Congrats on the surgery!

• Sandra Austin Tx

I’m 6 days post op as of today. I had the gastric bypass 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • RacMag  »  bhogue925

Hi, I’m new here. I’m currently on the liver shrinking diet. So far so good, but I have to say I haven’t found a protein shake I like. Anyone have any suggestions please? My surgery date is September 17th. 
      · 2 replies
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife Core are by far the best. They taste just as they are - chocolate milk. You can either get the 26 grams or the 42 grams (harder to find and more expensive). For straight protein look at Bulksuppliments.com ..they have really good whey proteins and offer auto ship plus they test for purity. No taste or smell...

2. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife has strawberry, vanilla and of course chocolate. No more calories than other protein drinks. Stay away from Premiere, they're dealing with lawsuits due to not being honest about protein content.

• Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches