Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

3 year anniversary

I got a happy 3 year anniversary email today and since I haven't been on here in a very long time, I thought I would post.

I honestly thought it had been longer than 3 years. Life has been such a roller coaster.

I did very well for 10 months, I was down 70 lbs and doing great, then went for a fill which involves 10 hours of driving time. It was the first time the nurse did the fill instead of the Dr and by the time I was home I knew it was too much. But I hoped with time and liquid diet it wold settle down and be ok. That started a long time of frequent stuck episodes and a plateau that lasted for over a year. Then I found I had a tare in the meniscus of my right knee, while in the wait and see how it does phase with the Dr (I had been getting shots in it for 3 years then) I tore it so badly it required surgery. Over the next 6 months I gained 22 lbs and there I sit still.

Currently I am recovering from having my gallbladder removed last week, been diagnosed with GERD which seems to be responding to treatment. I guess I had that and gallbladder trouble for years before the lapband and didn't know it. I must say, some of what I thought was the overfill causing stuck problems now seems to be the GERD, (which the overfill probably made worse) because since following the instructions from that Dr, I have not been stuck.

Now that I can eat again without fear of getting stuck all the time, or running for the bathroom because the gallbladder was making me sick, I am going to get back with the program and take off what I gained and the other 30 lbs I still needed to lose!

130 here I come!

Welcome back! I am glad you are getting your health issues sorted out -- these bodies can be complicated sometimes. I have had my gallbladder out and am waiting for a date for LB surgery. Best wishes to you -- thank you for posting!

We welcome you as an active bander on our road to good health. Isn't it amazing what all this extra food has done to those of us who live in the land of plenty? My taste buds have me wanting certain foods I particularly like and if I know they are in the house I'm in trouble. Life can be so complicated. . . We know what to do and we have our great bander tool. Now we must make that great effort to use it correctly! Good traveling, we have our road map. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . :wub:

Thanks for the encouraging words, now off to be way too busy again now that I can drive again.

Hello and glad to hear that your issues are being resolved. Welcome back to getting back fit and healthy. Good luck on your journey.