Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

June 2006 Band Crew

Cindy that is awesome, I so wanted to have that done until my time in the hospital a few months ago, now I am scared too. But I hate that apron of fat, and the roll above my belly button. How was the surgery was it hard, and recovery. Maybe I can live vicariously through you LOL.

Thanks for being comfortable about it to share with us.

Thanks for sharing with us Cindy. I can't afford to have work done, but if I could, the only thing I would do is my arms. They are gross! I've never had kids, so my tummy isn't all that bad. Not exactly abs of steel, but not ugly like my flabby arms! I think Barb465 was gonna plan our plastic surgery trip to Costa Rica for the Year 2 bandiversary! hahaha I was 171 yesterday, but back to 174 this morning-damn PMS! It makes me so tight too-even my Water is gurgling.

Regina...the surgery was not bad at all....i am cut from hip to hip and from the day of surgery i couldnt tell you that i even knew the cut was there really except for the fact that i can see it.....i mean it felt tender but no pain...what i felt was the lipo....my sides had a stinging..burning sensation....i still feel that but not as intense....the worst part of the surgery was being constipated and those nasty drains....there is no doubt that you are sore but its not unbearable. The funny thing is....is that when i shower i still feel like i have to wash under the flap and then realize ...oh my gosh its not here.....But just like people have had an amputation and they say they feel like there foot or hand is itching....well ya still sorta feel like that flap is still there. Weird! I would love to have Lipo on ummmm lets see ....the rest of my body...LOL....specially the arms!! Any questions...just ask!

Cindy, you are awesome for sharing. I hope to have the same surgery, but can't consider it until I'm in the 170's. I've been more than a little intimidated by the horror stories. You reminded me that the difficulties from surgery don't last forever.

Although we close on Michigan Thursday, there is still drama. Long story short, they may come after us for more taxes due to rental situation. I really wanted Thursday to be "it", but we may have more issues. At least we won't own it.

Thanks for "listening", and your thoughts and prayers. Thursday, 3:30 EST is the closing.

Whatever your spiritual feelings are, your thoughts and prayers are important to me and I try to remember each of you as you share your struggles.

I got my hair cut today. It made me feel so good. You inspired me Leila.

Good Morning Everyone.....Well yesterday was pretty good for me....I managed to stay away from sweets. I did not exercise, which is something i need to get back into. It is so hard to make myself do it again....i was in the habit of doing it everyday and then i had my surgery and couldnt do anything and now i want to but i just cant pull myself out the door to do it. My goal today is to stay away from the sweets and to walk for 30 minutes.

I wish everyone well today. Have a Great Day!! :)

I've done fairly well today myself. Not enough liquids, but I did 20 minute hard workout on eliptical and have had small salad, small bowl of the new Curves Cereal (it's pretty good) and 4 ravioli's. On and a box of raisins I ate too fast and I gurgled throughout a dentist appt. Embarrassing.

Wish I could say the same for my mood. Looks like a week of rain. I went for a manicure and my manicurist's dog was really ill and she was so down. I should have made an excuse and left. Next time I will!

I have some great students this afternoon and DD just invited me to go to park for a nice walk. Maybe all those clouds on the radar are really empty.

Hey,

Just posting how well I've done today (relatively speaking) has given me more resolve to be good the rest of the day!

Drop the pride, and tell us about your day. It may sound boring or nothing to be proud of, but it just might help lighten your mood or give you strength to say no to a craving.

Hi all - I've been bad - 2 cokes, handful of m&m's, but the rest was shrimp, chicken, and beef from PF Chang's. So not bad in the Protein dept, bad in the no-sweets department and Water drinking goal (I've had zip).

I am going to walk a mile this afternoon to hopefully walk the M&M's off. Have any of you noticed any type of trends on weight loss and gain? in other words - if you skip water drinking, you gain, or if you don't eat enough protein, etc? Just curious. I am having a hard time finding a rhyme or reason to when I gain vs. lose. I keep altering my weight by the same 2 lbs and I can't figure out what causes it SPECIFICALLY

I'm not doing very well. No loss in three weeks, and very depressed for reasons I'm still not sure I totally understand, but it's the first time in years I can't eat my way through it. I've now resolved to get up early and walk every morning, since I run out of gas in the evening now that I work later, and did at least do that this morning.

My eating schedule is all messed up now too. I had it perfectly worked out when I was working 9-5:30, but now I'm working til 6:30 or later, so not having lunch til 1:30. I used to have a latte first thing (the milk tends to hold my hunger off), then eat Breakfast when I got to work. Now, I have to have breakfast and a snack to make it to lunch, so I'm having to cut down at other meals. Not easy when I'm depressed and craving sweets. So far I'm keeping the sweets to 100 calorie packs (or 2 or 3) and sugar free pudding, but it's been enough to keep the weight steady. I gotta get out of this funk and start losing again.

I did ok today. I had a granola bar(5g protein), some All-Bran crackers with garlic dip and some eggs/bacon for dinner. I am working on my 8th cup of Water right now. I didn't exercise as usual and I have no excuse! I hope the storms in TX don't affect my TX buddies too much! I may have some watermelon or carrots later tonight. I need to get more fruits/veggies in, but I've been tight, so I'm sticking with stuff that goes down.

Aimee-I have no idea what the rhyme and reason of weight loss is either! It's just like the old days when you would be bad for one day and gain 5 pounds, be "good for a week and lose nothing. Weight is a crazy equation. That being said, 2 cokes, no water and M&M's can't be helping. Get those M&M's and coke out of your house!

I wish all my Junebies the best of health!

You're right Socalgal - throw out the junk. I'm just sooooo cheap. Getting rid of some junk has to be better than buying bigger clothes.

It's been so long since I've had 2 losing weeks in a row, I couldn't tell you what would work right now. I'm sorta treading Water and hoping I don't gain anything more!

I love the Biggest Loser. It motivated me for almost 8 hours today. Drat. I have to get with it or buy a straight jacket or SOMETHING.

I am a cheapie too, but some things just MUST go! The Biggest Loser was great last night. I LOVE the idea of the black team. I felt so sad for those people when they didn't get back. I had 4th grade softball flashbacks! But when Jillian rode up, I felt so happy for them!

Cathy, I understand about depression. I was depressed for 12 years before my surgery. I was on 3 different medications at different times, saw numerous counselors, etc. I haven't been on any meds since my surgery(my choice). Somedays I think I need them, but I realize that it is just life. It is very difficult not to have my friend food to get me through. Sometimes I wanna drive to Mexico and get an unfill just so I can have a binge! Hang in there. We are here for you.

It is only 6pm here, so my goal is to ride my bike for 30 minutes tonight. Posting here that I never exercise is making me feel guilty. I guess accountability really is effective!

Ok, I just wanted to post that I actually exercised! I rode my bike for 30 minutes and did my arm exercises as I rode, using my hand weights(2.5 lbs. each). I did bicep curls, tricep extensions, simulated rows, etc. Let's hope I do it again tomorrow!

Well my day was pretty ok.....If i go by my Weight Watchers Points...then i did great...i stayed under my points.....but....i said i wasnt going to have any sweets and i had 2 jolly ranch suckers...which i couldve had worse. I DID NOT manage to walk my 30 minutes. As far as food today...i had a Protein Shake, crabmeat, a bowl of homemade chicken Soup. Maybe i need to watch the Biggest Loser to motivate me...i have it on TIVO but i havent had a chance to watch since my days are filled with watching "Barney" with my 2 year old. As far as Water intake, i dont have a problem with that because its all i drink....plain water and i add the crystal light packs...i have done aways with diet soda altogether.

Well hopefully i will do better tomorrow as far as exercise....I need to join some of these challenges...i dont have any challenges going on right now...i think i need some.