Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

June 2006 Band Crew

Hi Everyone!

It's good to be back reading the posts. My DD's carotoid artery surgery went well, but his blockage was extensive. Hopefully he will feel some benefits soon. Thanks for your thoughts and prayers.

I always get the holiday blahs. They hit differently each year, but they hit. This year I can't turn to food like I have in the past. Not that I haven't tried. Fortunately I've been able to stay away from the sweets.

I had wanted to do "hard core" after this last fill, but somehow it's not happening. I had a few "skinny" days, but I'm back at struggling to stay around 1200 cals/day.

Socalgal, Being so close to Onderland is tough, but when you do finally hit it, maybe you won't bounce back out of it. A wise decision to postpone a flll b4 leaving the country, but it must be frustrating too.

NSV's may be our "life ring" this year to get through the holidays. Some black pants I bought in August are now so baggy I can't wear them in public. I went shopping with the kids today and actually shopped for myself in all "their" stores. Bought a blue sweater on sale at the Gap. (not my usual "slimming" black) and, drum roll please, I bought my first pair of heals (2") in 20 years.

What would you rather have for Christmas, a big loss or to look fantastic in a smaller size outfit?

Oh this last week has been so hard. My DH keeps bring sweets into the house, and I keep eating them. I need to STOP!!!! I am only 3lbs from Christmas goal, and I must be trying to sabotage myself. What's up with that!!!! I wish sweets wouldn't go down so easy! And with so much to do this season with xmas shopping and all the stuff going on, I am not working out like I should either. Thanks to you guys for posting, it helps me to feel that I am not alone in this. Some of you all are struggling too. We CAN do this, I have to keep telling myself that!!!!

Just got back from the surgicenter where I lost another .6 of last week's fill. I was down to 1.4 cc in my band. I told you I could eat too much. :)

Dr. Spiegel put in the thicker saline and only filled me to 2.0. Why you ask? Because I had lost 3.8 lbs since last Tuesday. I tried to explain to him that I lose on liquids/mushies and the difference between afternoon and morning weigh ins, but he just told me to eat regular foods. I think in his haste he forgot his own rules of 3 days liquids, 3 days mushies.

He also told me that I react to solid foods, not the aggressive fills. Yeah right. He is always so much in a hurry I don't think they listen. After all that, he didn't even take me to 2.3 where I was before the leaking. He did tell me to come back in a few weeks if I was hungry.

So I guess I'll go with this and see what happens. This is so frustrating, but I guess this is all part of the band system. Met some interesting ladies while waiting. One was from San Diego and had come for her first fill. She is leaving tonight at 7 to return home. Brave women I think. I tried to explain she might get a little tighter from flying so not to be too concerned. Another woman was having her first fill and her husband wanted her to have the first one by the doctor. She was scared, but seemed to come through it OK. I left them both after a few sips of Water. Being an old pro at this has some advantages. :D

I've been thinking about the overeating and self sabotage. I think we don't know how to treat our new bodies and our success so we try to repeat the tried and true which is failure. We have failed to lose weight, so we will fail at this. Make sense? :)

I am trying to prepare foods for our Open House on Sunday. I can't eat anything so having to rely on DH's tastebuds. He likes things spicy so I need to be careful of his taste gauge.

Not used to coming to work after a fill. I'm sleepy now and getting the chills. Hopefully I can make it for most of the day.

Barbara465 I hope you do well with this fill. I am interested in knowing if the thicker saline solution works better for you.

My latest fill is okay most of the time. I have a really hard time getting my Protein Drink down in the morning but by lunch I am able to eat more that I ever have before - which actually means I am eating normal bandster portions. Yesterday for lunch I had 2 ounces of tuna and a very tiny salad and got it all down with no trouble. For dinner I was able to eat about 4 ounces of Soup with a couple of crackers. I know we are not supposed to have soup but sometimes on a cold winter evening there is nothing better than some minestrone soup :-)

Hi Junebees,

It looks like I found the perfect mixture of fill and lovesickness. I recommend it. I am now 3 pounds under my Christmas goal, and lost 5 pounds this week. That's 15 since the fill 3 weeks ago, 10 since meeting my new/old honey. He's coming to visit me Thursday - Sunday, which should be good for my weight loss, because I have no appetitite when I'm with him. Now I really have to buckle down Monday and start exercising!

Best of luck to those having struggles. Infatuation wears off, so I'm sure my plateau is coming!

Thanks for the support ladies! I think I am just PMSing. I did my 6.4 mile walk on Sunday, but I haven't been much better in the food department. I ate 2 big Cookies yesterday at a meeting. Also not helping is that my trainer completely quit on me, so I need to find a new one. She had personal issues and left the state.

Cathy, this is terrific. Ride it for all the weight loss you can. :) Looks like the fill is working nicely. (and the old flame must be helping.) :D You are under Christmas goal and we have 20 more days! Way to go!

Lucy glad you are eating normal bandster meals now. That must be a nice change for you. Hopefully it will be smooth sailing from now on in to goal.

I am hoping that this fill stays in and I can get some restriction. It will be a few days before I can tell.

Hello to everyone! I haven't posted in a while, I have been just trying life without focusing so much on the band. I am proud to say I have lost 10 pounds! That is great for me since this weight loss has been such a struggle. I hope everyone is doing well, and I wish you all a happy holiday! Take care!

Barbara465, I hear you about the "cooking" thing. It's hard to prepare food when you cook by taste testing. My guys aren't so crazy for my cooking any more. Sounds like you had a frustrating experience at your fill. My fill has been typical. I've gained 2 pounds as I did with the other two. I'm contemplating your comment on "diet failure". I believe it's time for me to "take a break" from my expectations and enjoy what I've accomplished. I'm still going to work on forming good eating and exercise patterns, but the thought occurred to me that the decisions I make are more focused on what the scale says than what is best for my new life. If I see the scale go up more than these last 2 pounds, I'll go back to counting calories.

I have a confession. I have a serious eBay problem and can waste entire days "watching" the bidding of some useless item I'm interested in. My latest purchase--a perfectly ugly teapot my Mother won't want to display. I'll have to give it to Goodwill. This won't be easy--but no more eBay this holiday season.

Regina - A question for you. Are you hungry between your small meals?

Lucy - From reading your posts, you are just now feeling hunger between meals?

Is there really a sweet spot or is it mental?

Pinky I am not hungary between meals usually, but I have found myself grazing because of all the junk food my hubby is bringing in the house. I am eating to much I think, but I am unsure if I want another fill before christmas, or if I should just try to watch it and make it through the holidays. These last 3lbs for the christmas goal will not come off, if I don't stop though!!!

Left work early yesterday and went and had a facial. I decided if I was going to have chills than I might as well be under a warm blanket! It was nice, but my face is a little red today. I have roscea so my face goes red, but its so smooth.

Yesterday a co worker told me I looked so cute in my jeans on Friday. Me cute? I was so astonished, but it felt so good. I thought they looked good and I felt good in them, but it's nice to have confirmation.

I think we all should just chill a little over the holidays. I mean, let's don't go overboard on eating, but let's not beat ourselves up either. We all have accomplished lots, whether it is 10 lbs or 70lbs. We made the decision and started the changes. We should be proud of those steps.

I feel so much better now than 6 months ago. I don't have the love affair with food I once had. I haven't had really bad daily experiences with the band. I've only had problems as a result of overfills so I've not experienced some of the challenges as others. I've gone from tight 24s to loose 20's and I can see 18s in the near future. I bought a pair of XL pants and they fit! Yes, I have lots to be thankful for, as all of you do.

Genn has it right. We shouldn't focus so much on the band. We should focus on making changes and living our new lives. However, that doesn't mean you can't come here to talk. :eek:

We need to start thinking of our anniversary month and where we are going. Its only 6 months away. I still vote for Las Vegas. Let's hear where everyone else wants to go and start making our plans!

DH found my seat belt extender for airplanes last night. He said here it is, but you won't need this anymore. That was a nice feeling. :)

Vegas is my vote too.

Regina, Congrats on being at that sweet spot.

Barbara465, no more seat belt extenders is a great NSV. Enjoy. That image made me smile.

Anyone else with a holiday NSV? Holiday NSV's are fun to read. I'm gonna be a lot happier to have my picture taken this Christmas.

I went back to my walking DVD yesterday and my back is much better. I'm glad I gave run/walking outdoors a try, but the DVD is easiest for right now.

Positive thoughts to you Socalgal. Congrats on those long hikes, May they gobble up every calorie in those 2 Cookies.< /span>

While I know this is our special thread for us Junebies I think of you all as special friends.

My husband had to have an emergency heart catheterization today. It is very bad. He is not able to undergo surgery at this time as his heart is too weak. They are going to try to use medication for the next several days in an attempt to get his heart in the best possible condition and then do open heart surgery early next week.

I knew from the look on all the nurses faces that it was bad but when the doctor told me to get all the family here.............well..........

I am asking for prayers, good thoughts, positive vibes..........whatever you can send. His name is David and he needs any help he can get.

Thanks to you all...........