Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

June 2006 Band Crew

That's an existing condition and I didn't think they could exclude you anymore. That really doesn't sound right. I would check around. If you are saying that Cobra is denying you then they can't. You can't be denied Cobra for the length of time you are entitled to it. If you are saying that they are denying your extending coverage then they are probably within their rights. Keep checking as it all sounds like bull to me!

OK--I'm trying to begin the October challenge early and for some reason, I ate two Protein meal bars instead of one yesterday plus a small dinner about 2 hours later. Felt like old times... "the day before I diet". :faint:

This is so much of a mental game!

Today is the first day of my pre-October challenge and I'm gonna make it!

You are so dedicated Pinkylee!!!! I'm trying to get in the mood, but I'm going on vacation part of next week. Plus I turn 60 on Tuesday so I'm not mentally there. :)

I wasn't hungry yesterday and when I did eat, I ate my Protein first. I really notice the difference when I eat hard Protein. I get full and stay that way. I've got to find a way to do more of that. Increasing my Water everyday, but no exercise. :) I'll get there.

I have lots of family to face next weekend. Many know I've been stuck and I'd feel a whole lot better (and they would too) if I'm unstuck.

Sixty--is that going to feel as good as fifty did? Congrats. Bet you're glad you are banded and getting healthier. Best part--what we lose won't come back.

By the way----I can't seem to post my pics. They are in a folder on my hard drive--can you help?

There seems to be an epidemic here. The two Barbara's are turning 60 within two days of each other! 9/26 and 9/28.

I managed the calories, H20 and Protein yesterday. Couldn't get my lazy butt movin' though. But just tracking those three items made me do better. We'll get there.

I'm sure 60 will feel as good as 60. :) I don't feel older and have to remind myself sometimes. It doesn't bother me to get older. I do wish I had done this a few years ago. Congrats Barbara on your birthday as well.

Go to www.photobucket.com and upload your pictures. Its free and then you can use that connection to upload your pictures to the board. You can also size them to the right size.

I think this journey requires our constant attention. We will make it and think of where we will be next June. Most of us will be down in weight and feeling terrific. Can't wait for our reunion!!!

Happy Bday Barbaras--getting older really can mean better!

MT on the anniversary--I feel so much better now--can't imagine what next June will bring.

I'm wearing t-shirts in public!

I was just banded a week or so ago. :nervous

Can anyone explain the chewing thing to me - I understand that it's so that the food can get from the upper pouch down to the lower stomach. But...I remember hearing that another part of the reason was to help in digestion.

Q: doesn't the lower part of the stomach do most of the digesting (or at least the remaining required digestion)?

Q2: if you don't have a fill - won't the passage between the pouch and stomach be larger - which would require less chewing?

:hungry:

Thanks for any help! :kiss2:

Chewing: You chew, chew, chew because of the restriction. You have more after a fill, but some have restriction just from swelling.

Digestive juices are in your lower stomach and not in the "pouch". Chewing allows the food to pass easier from one to the other in the absence of enzymes that break up the food.< /p>

When food gets stuck between the two several things can happen. One is it can finally go down, but painfully. Or it can come up, referred to as a productive burb, or PB. This is similar to vomiting, only there are no gastric juices. Also, saliva can start over producing and also come up. Usually referred to as sliming.

That being said, you shouldn't have to worry much with any of this for a little while. You should be on liquids, then mushies for a period of time before being on solid food. This is the time for you to be healing. Putting "food" into the stomach increases the motion of the stomach and increases your chances for complications.

Hope this helps.

Oh I am so jealous Sandra. You look absolutely marvelous. You look like you are close to goal. WOW, oh WOW. I'm turning green .... but so proud of your hard work.

Pinky..Girl you look great....what a difference. I posted my pics on here a while back even though i really didnt see a big difference in myself. Maybe other people see what we dont.

I think you look awesome...major difference. Keep it up girl!!!

Applause for PinkyLee....:clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2: